Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

Two FF numbers in the same reservation: is that even possible?

Old Oct 3, 2015, 12:42 pm
Original Poster

I have flown an itinerary with Avianca in August and the travel agency that booked it added my LifeMiles number to it, as it's their default procedure.

However, I wanted to get the miles credited to Avianca Brazil (O6 - Amigo program), so when I checked in online I made sure I put my O6 to replace the LifeMiles (AV) one. I even confirmed with the check-in agent when I dropped my bags.
I thought all was good, since all my boarding passes showed my O6 number as the FF number, and there was no mention to my LifeMiles number anywhere.

However, to my surprise, I went to check my LifeMiles account and there the miles were, and nothing got credited to O6. It was as if I never put my O6 number on the reservation.

Now the weirdest part: I contact the LifeMiles customer service and they keep insisting that both my FF numbers were in the reservation but the miles always get credited to the first one. What?!?! Is that even possible?

Their explanation doesn't make any sense to me, so I wanted to see if anyone ever faced a similar issue or has some internal knowledge to confirm if that would actually be a possibility.

Here are some quotes from my emails back and forth with them:

[...] we verified the history of your booking and noticed you originally registered your LifeMiles frequent flyer number and consequently the miles were accrued into the profile <LM #>.

Also, we noticed that after to registered your LifeMiles frequent flyer number into the booking, your Avianca Brazil frequent flyer number was added to it too; however, the miles are accrued into the first number registered in the reservation.
We understand your discomfort with this matter; however, since both LifeMiles numbers were added to the booking, mileage is usually added to the first loyalty program you provided.

In this case, if the travel agency from which you acquired the ticket, submitted your LifeMiles number without your authorization, we recommend you to file a claim with them and request them any type of compensation, since it is not possible to revert the assigned mileage from your account, since we cannot hold responsible for the travel agent that added your LifeMiles number to your booking.
In respect to your case, we apologies for the misinformation with regard to the LifeMiles number. We clarify that both your LifeMiles number and Amigo frequent flyer were originally registered in your reservation.

Regarding your first inquiry, we remind you that mileage accrual will take priority over the first frequent flyer that was registered in your booking; you may address your comments and feedback concerning the option available at www.Avianca.com to the airline directly in the following link: Suggestions and Complaints. Once the form is submitted a Customer Care representative will contact you in the next 5 to 7 business days (without including weekends and holidays).

On the other hand, the personnel at the airport during the Check-In process may validate your information concerning the booking or frequent flyer numbers and at such time both frequent flyers were registered in your booking, reason why it was confirmed to you that your Amigo number was on your reservation; nevertheless, this action did not remove or replace your LifeMiles account.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.