Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avianca Diamond Upgrade Certificates

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2015, 8:02 pm
Original Poster

Avianca Diamond Upgrade Certificates

Hi all, I'm Avianca Elite Diamond since a couple of months ago. Since then, I flew 4 times and it was never possible to use an upgrade certificate (although the Business Cabin had plenty of available seats, in the call center they keep answering that there is not any availability on the I fare).

Could anyone use an upgrade certificate??

Also, I never got a "courtesy" upgrade... I'm not liking this program at all. I'm also LANPASS Comodoro, and I get upgrades almost in every flight...

Thanks a lot!

Yenky.
Old Aug 24, 2015, 3:32 pm

Dont be shy, ask for the upgrade at the ticket counter not the call center.

I am Silver and they always upgrade upon availability.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 11:29 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
I'm not a lifemiles elite, *G with AC, but I know I opened a thread on some of these upgrades before. I've never ONCE received an upgrade from AV (nor do I expect one, don't get me wrong) nor have I ever received an upgrade auction email which they advertise. Other users including AV elites reported they got those emails...I finally got one...on a super promo fare I bought for a friend of mine who's not an elite with anyone.

I can't make sense of AV's upgrades, op-up, paid, free or otherwise. In the body of that email it says buying these upgrades doesn't affect the free upgrades elites receive so that elites can delete the email, it was a domestic flight btw. So it almost seems to me there's different classes of upgrade space. One being free upgrade space allotted to elites and one being OTHER upgrade space for anyone else, which would make me think your certificate, while being an elite is grouped in the OTHER category.

I could be way off though.
Old Sep 7, 2015, 11:30 am

I tried to use these certificates many times on international flights and have always been denied, even when trying to book an upgrade months in advance. Avianca definitely manages this perk quite poorly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.