Community
Wiki Posts
Search

32 minute connection in SAL

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2015, 10:02 am
Original Poster

32 minute connection in SAL

I know SAL is a small airport. But 32 minutes to get off AV362 BOG-SAL then AV636 SAL-CUN. It this a legal connection ?
Old Aug 16, 2015, 8:56 pm

Originally Posted by lordlucan
I know SAL is a small airport. But 32 minutes to get off AV362 BOG-SAL then AV636 SAL-CUN. It this a legal connection ?
Yes. It is a legal connection. I am booked (with Air Canada Aeroplan) YYZ-SAL-BOG with a connection of 35 min. on SAL. I'm actually hoping for a schedule change to take me under the 30min. minimum connection time so AC can put me on their direct flight to BOG instead.
Old Aug 24, 2015, 1:40 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
It's fine. There's lots of flights in to and out of SAL around 8-9am and again 8-9pm. It's clearly set up that way. No customs necessary. Lots of connections are sold as 35 minute and it's a piece of cake, just means you can't visit the lounge (no loss) or the duty free (also no loss).
Old Sep 10, 2015, 2:32 pm

You might want to check your bookings as I received notification from checkmytrip.com that there were several AV schedule changes which resulted in a misconnect.

The good news is I was able to get rebooked on Air Canada direct ^
Old Sep 14, 2015, 11:00 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by imverge
You might want to check your bookings as I received notification from checkmytrip.com that there were several AV schedule changes which resulted in a misconnect.

The good news is I was able to get rebooked on Air Canada direct ^
No luck for me
No change to the flights.
Old Sep 17, 2015, 6:16 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
I'll say it again, odds are you're fine. Yea if your BOG flight is late you might have some problems but there's lots of flights set up like this and it's an easy airport to transfer in.

Don't worry about it until/if something happens.

There is however a couple runway closures in the next little while at BOG. I got a call the other day saying my Sunday BOG-MDE flight had been cancelled as the runway was closed between like 11-4. But they assured me it was only for domestic flights. If you're insistent on looking into it, you could try that angle.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.