Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avianca lounge in Lima, Peru on arrival?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2015, 10:21 pm
Original Poster

Avianca lounge in Lima, Peru on arrival?

I'll be arriving in Lima, Peru on Avianca Business from Bogota and then I'll have a 5 hr transit before flying to Cuzco, also on Avianca but on Economy.
I would like to know if its possible to use the Avianca Lounge upon arrival in Lima to use their shower facilities (if there is one?) before exiting/going through immigration as I think I would have to check-in separately for the Avianca flight to Cuzco on Economy.
I will not have any checked-in luggage, only handcarry backpack.

Otherwise my other option is to exit upon arrival and then use the lounge after i do the check-in for the Cuzco flight?
However I think the Cuzco flight is in the domestic terminal so I'm not sure what lounge facilities is available? I'd just like to be able to take a shower & change after coming in on a long flight....

Any thoughts/advice will be appreciated! Thanks!
Old Jul 6, 2015, 4:20 pm
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
Hi clutz

No you cannot. The AV lounges are third party in LIM and you need a valid onward international ticket. It would be kinda a ball ache getting there too. You'd have to go via international connections, then manage somehow to get backwards through security. Not worth it though as they will not accommodate you.

It's a long time since I flew domestically from LIM but I think there is only a Caral lounge in the domestic side. AV/TA does not have access to it even on business tix but you can get in with Priority Pass or cash. I don't remember how much it costs sorry.

5 hours is not a ridiculous amount of time to waste at LIM, come through immigration, check in if the counters are open and you have a Starbucks and a 4D ice cream parlour (both with wifi). I cannot remember what there is on the domestic side but I am sure you can get a coffee
Old Jul 7, 2015, 10:36 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the info JohnnyColombia!
I think I can get into the Caral lounge with Priority Pass and will do that.
I do see on the Priority Pass website that the Caral lounge will have showers but not sure if they really exist?
Anyway I will probably grab that coffee at Starbucks first and hopefully 5 hrs will pass in no time!
Old Jul 8, 2015, 7:10 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Hi there clutz, I flew Lima-Cuzco back in May and spent a little time in the Caral lounge in the domestic terminal.

It's one of the smallest airline lounges I have used, and was crammed (not difficult!) when I first arrived. Happily most of the occupants all seemed destined for the same flight - but apparently not Cuzco - and once they had left, things were much quieter. The lounge itself was acceptable, but I only had about an hour to kill.

If there really IS a shower there (I had no reason to ask) then it's unlikely to be anything but a very basic facility.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.