Lounges in SCL & PTY?

Old Jun 15, 2015, 10:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: Double OWE (AA EXP, QF Plat), FI Gold
Lounges in SCL & PTY?

Hi all, I'm new to AV so I have some newbie questions. I've gotten conflicting reports about a lounge in SCL - is there one? How is it? Also, it appears that there isn't a lounge in PTY, can anyone confirm that? I'm flying Biz SCL-BOG-PTY and back. I also have Admirals Club membership, so I can use that in SCL if necessary, but I'd like to try out new lounges if they are available.

I have a pretty big post with questions in the LM Newbie Lounge, but it doesn't seem to be getting much traction; please forgive me asking twice!
Old Jun 15, 2015, 11:18 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
What's your basis for lounge access? At PTY, if you're star gold or flying business you can use the Copa Club. It's nothing special.
Old Jun 15, 2015, 11:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Kacee
What's your basis for lounge access? At PTY, if you're star gold or flying business you can use the Copa Club. It's nothing special.
I'm in paid J. No status on any *A airlines (yet - should hit lowly Silver with AV by the end of July).

Thanks, Kacee!

Anybody know about SCL?

Last edited by zpaul; Jun 15, 2015 at 1:39 pm
Old Jun 15, 2015, 2:00 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, KQ Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Gold, Choice Gold
Yes.

http://www.avianca.com/en-ar/travel-...p-lounges.aspx
Old Jun 15, 2015, 2:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DomesticGoddess
Thanks, DomesticGoddess! I should have been more clear - I did find this on AV's site, but according to the *A lounge finder, there isn't a lounge at SCL. I presume that AV's information is up-to-date, but I'd like confirmation.

It could be a relatively new lounge to coincide with the 787 service to SCL.
Old Jun 15, 2015, 6:33 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, KQ Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Gold, Choice Gold
Originally Posted by zpaul
Thanks, DomesticGoddess! I should have been more clear - I did find this on AV's site, but according to the *A lounge finder, there isn't a lounge at SCL. I presume that AV's information is up-to-date, but I'd like confirmation.

If you're flying AV in J ex-SCL you've have access to the AV SCL lounge, regardless of what the *A lounge finder says.
Old Jun 16, 2015, 5:37 am
Original Poster

If you're flying AV in J ex-SCL you've have access to the AV SCL lounge, regardless of what the *A lounge finder says.
ˇMuchas gracias! ^
Old Jun 27, 2015, 3:20 am
Original Poster

Well, finally in the SCL lounge. Very new and modern, though small (as you would expect) and even though the design feels very open and airy, there are only small windows along one wall, very high up, so it does feel a bit like a designer bunker. What is really nice is that there are at least two electrical outlets next to almost every seat along the walls. Quiet room (with lights dimmed and nice recliners) to the rear, with a separate and bright business area with four laptops on hightop tables. Red, white, and gray, which is, I presume, the Avianca lounge theme?

Restrooms are modern and clean.

EXCELLENT breakfast spread, with three different types of breakfast sandwich and croissants, fresh fruit, cereals, yogurt, etc. Two warming pans inset in the counter with breakfast meats, and there is a panini-style grill where you can grill your b'fast sandwich. Overall the food selection (at 6:00am) is nice.

Beer in fridge next to coffee machine (good coffee), and there is a wine fridge next to that. I didn't check out what was on offer in it, but it's a good set-up.

So far my first trip on AV is off to a good start!

Last edited by zpaul; Jun 29, 2015 at 10:48 am
Old Jul 2, 2015, 2:21 pm
Original Poster

And now the PTY Copa Club used by Avianca. Standard lounge style furniture and decor, REALLY slow WiFi. Lots of outlets, and it's a tended bar which is not well-staffed - had to track someone down to serve a beer at times. It's 15:19 local time and the lounge is not crowded, but we'll see if that changes as time goes on.
Old Jul 4, 2015, 5:39 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
Sweet, I tried that finder before and thought it was odd SCL didn't have a lounge, but it seems like it's full of holes.

The PTY Copa Club is average, I like it cuz of the business center, it's not very private but it's comfy. It always seems to be packed though, was in there during the opening games of the world cup, very entertaining to watch how crazy it got.
Old May 15, 2016, 2:28 pm

Programs: CO Plat
Originally Posted by zpaul

... Star Alliance still does not show a SA available lounge at SCL.

Avianca's website says only SA flying in upper classes with gold status can enter.

Does anyone know if there is a SA logo on the entry sign?

This should allow me to enter with my United Club Card.

Thanks
Old May 16, 2016, 3:59 am

Originally Posted by Harry IAH
... Star Alliance still does not show a SA available lounge at SCL.
Avianca's website says only SA flying in upper classes with gold status can enter.
Does anyone know if there is a SA logo on the entry sign?
This should allow me to enter with my United Club Card.
Thanks
If you're traveling on a *A flight, and carry a BP (of any cabin class) with your ff-number or IATA airline code followed by "*G" printed on it, and/or carry your physical Star Alliance Gold Card, you have access to any lounge (contracted, other *A airline owned or owned by the *A airline you're flying) that displays the Star Alliance Gold sign outside the entrance (they all do).

Snipped from the *A-website:
Star Alliance Gold Customers travelling in any class
As a Star Alliance Gold customer, you have access to any member airline lounge that displays the Star Alliance Gold logo. You will need to present your boarding pass for a Star Alliance flight departing from the local airport. If your boarding pass does not carry the Star Alliance Gold indicator, you will need also to show your valid Star Alliance Gold card. You are entitled to a maximum of one guest. If you are a United MileagePlus Star Alliance Gold customer, you may only access the United Clubs within the U.S. when departing from that airport on an international Star Alliance flight.

http://www.staralliance.com/en/web/s...-access-policy

Snacky

Last edited by Snacky; May 16, 2016 at 4:04 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.