2x1 is back!, But now with more miles!

Old Feb 9, 2016, 7:25 am

Originally Posted by oneworld82
Awesome!! Anyone wants to share back and forth? I have zero miles but I am eager to build up some points here!
If you don't have urgent need for miles, I'd wait for their regular sales. Miles can cost less.
Old Feb 12, 2016, 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by oneworld82
Awesome!! Anyone wants to share back and forth? I have zero miles but I am eager to build up some points here!
Why don't you create a 2nd account and share back and forth?
Old Feb 13, 2016, 3:44 am

Originally Posted by tiger302
Why don't you create a 2nd account and share back and forth?
Because the account has to be made prior to the promo.
Old Feb 13, 2016, 6:07 am

Programs: SQ, UA, Delta, BMI(RIP), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond (Thanks Amex) Hyatt Discov
You can buy miles cheaper - at 1.5 cents a mile plus booking/cancellation fee - when you buy and cancel a ticket, albeit there is the hassle of booking and cancelling the ticket. I would rather not buy and hold the miles, but buy via the cancellation route when I really need to book something. But to each his own.
Old Feb 13, 2016, 6:09 am

and YOU get miles&cash BELOW 1.5c?????
Old Feb 13, 2016, 10:11 am

Programs: SQ, UA, Delta, BMI(RIP), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond (Thanks Amex) Hyatt Discov
Originally Posted by kanada99
and YOU get miles&cash BELOW 1.5c?????
When you buy the ticket, you choose more money, less miles up to "the sweet spot" where the miles you are effectively buying cost 1.5 cents per mile exactly. You book you ticket, pay for the miles plus taxes plus $25 booking fee. Later on when you cancel, you get back the taxes, get charged $50 for cancellation, but keep the miles you had bought during the earlier redemption process ( at 1.5 cents per mile). Your total cost is therefore 1.5 cent per mile plus the fixed fee of $75.
Old Feb 13, 2016, 11:37 am

Originally Posted by SingaporeDon
You can buy miles cheaper - at 1.5 cents a mile plus booking/cancellation fee - .
I did not recognize the - - in your message....rest is known..tks
Old Feb 13, 2016, 6:58 pm
soy

Programs: various
Despite what the ad says, the cost to transfer is 1.5c pm at the transaction screen, so cost is the same as using the buy/cancel sweet spot.....but without the trauma of the whole LM cancellation experience
Old Feb 13, 2016, 10:59 pm

Originally Posted by soy
Despite what the ad says, the cost to transfer is 1.5c pm at the transaction screen, so cost is the same as using the buy/cancel sweet spot.....but without the trauma of the whole LM cancellation experience
But you are stuck with the miles for future use. With the buy/mile option, you do it only when you want to book something in the very near future, so you don't end up holding miles which may be devalued once again or which you might not use for years to come!
Old Feb 14, 2016, 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by soy
.....but without the trauma of the whole LM cancellation experience
+$75
I never want to call LM service center again unless I REALLY have to. It's a mess!
Old Feb 15, 2016, 6:03 am

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
Originally Posted by tiger302
I never want to call LM service center again unless I REALLY have to.
Really? Sometimes, if I don't know what to do, I simply call any call center to have a chat with the agents...
Old Feb 15, 2016, 7:30 pm

Programs: Lifetime *G (MP), Lifetime PE (Bonvoy)
Originally Posted by Air Rarotonga
Really? Sometimes, if I don't know what to do, I simply call any call center to have a chat with the agents...
You must be a pensioner - they tend to clutter up the Call Centre lines to their electricity provider, their water provider or their local council

However, back to the topic, I always find the sweet spot and top up with miles when I'm booking a redemption ticket because my credit card "free" travel insurance kicks in only when I've spent $250 for travel
Old Feb 16, 2016, 3:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Air Rarotonga
Old Mar 23, 2016, 8:04 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold
any idea of when the next promo will be? I need to book a ticket to Asia for November, but I would rather not use my Aeroplan miles.
Old Mar 23, 2016, 10:30 am

Definitely one coming soon.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.