Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Multiple airlines, one redemption

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2015, 11:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Lifetime *G (MP), Lifetime PE (Bonvoy)
Multiple airlines, one redemption

I'm wondering if this is a common experience with LifeMiles. I bought 75K during their 2 for 1 promotion last year, so ended up with 150K miles. I'm planning a J class round-the world trip for my retirement so I'll be using these miles along with others I have on SQ's programme (where miles cannot be bought)

Having read another thread from end to end (25 pages) I accepted that I would most likely encounter "problems" so I thought I'd start a booking and see how far I'd get before actually having to pay for the ticket

My first choice was SFO-BKK for which there is availability on 1 February - ANA for the first leg, TG for the second leg, and that's what LifeMiles showed. Selecting that (and it was the only option) returned the "An unexpected error has occurred" message. I tried it in all three browsers (Chrome, Firefox and IE) in two operating systems (Windows 8.1, Windows 10), but got the same error in each

My second choice was IST-YYZ which is a direct flight on either Air Canada or Turkish. Bingo - straight through, no problems. So I'm assuming that LM struggles where there's multiple airlines or (as I read elsewhere) ANA is one of the airlines on the proposed itinerary

I'm thinking I should stick with LM where point-to-point is straightforward, single airline, maybe not even a change of aircraft, or should I persist by calling up the call centre and trying to get them to book a multiple leg, multiple airline segment of my trip?
Old Apr 2, 2015, 11:53 pm

Programs: VA Plat, QF LTS, UA MM, Hilton Diamond, Rydges Black, ,Le-Club Gold
Well I just looked and there's two options, ANA all the way or OZ plus TG. And they both seem to work.

Try selecting "ANA" rather than "Star Alliance".

Or, try entering the departure time when using "Star Alliance"
Old Apr 3, 2015, 12:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: Lifetime *G (MP), Lifetime PE (Bonvoy)
Thanks for those suggestions. It's amazing how what's presented changes depending on the "preferred airline" option, so ANA did work (without a TG option being presented at all) when I selected ANA as my preferred airline. Choosing Star Alliance omitted ANA altogether and showed Asiana, which wasn't present in my previous results

I was however completely gob-smacked to find that when I changed my departure airport from SFO to LAX the ANA/TG combination was selectable!!

Once again, many thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.