AV/LM still selling status?

Old Mar 16, 2015, 10:01 am
Original Poster

AV/LM still selling status?

In years past, AV/LM sold silver & gold status, usually silver for $500 or so and gold for $750 to $1,000.

They didn't advertise it but you could do it at some Avianca offices in Colombia.

Is this still the case? Any recent experiences or reference prices?
Old Mar 16, 2015, 11:26 am

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
Google is your friend:

https://www.lifemiles.com/eng/tra/pr...ot.aspx?D=NTI4
Old Mar 20, 2015, 1:51 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
Whoa $2200 USD, yikes, that's steep.

I assume you get no miles with that either so that $2200 just for the benefits, nothing to redeem after. If you're willing to drop this much coin on status, I'd almost just say fly J the few times you need to fly, spend a little bit more and you'll get all the benefits with paid J, plus the miles for future use, plus you could earn the status for the following year perhaps as well.
Old Mar 21, 2015, 12:13 pm
Formerly known as I_Hate_US_Airways

Programs: My Loyalty Programs? I now VOTE with my wallet!!!
Post Yes, But...

Originally Posted by drvannostren
Whoa $2200 USD, yikes, that's steep.
It ain't cheap that's for sure. However, The 100% mileage bonus a person would receive as Gold, could be worth it. All depends on how much a person would fly. IF a person was to fly a LOT, then it could be worth it...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.