Extending LM expiry date?

Old Mar 6, 2015, 11:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA
Extending LM expiry date?

I've got 19k LMs that expire soon and looking for the cheapest way to extend that.

Do you purchases from affiliates extend the expiry date? What about additional LM purchases?
Old Mar 6, 2015, 1:20 pm
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
If purchases from affiliates do extend the life of your Lifemiles, then be aware that a purchase at Farmatodo in Gran Estacin qualifies.

You have to have a physical Lifemiles card and have a PIN for it, you then need to activate it for debits and credits in your Lifemiles account.

You then undertake your transaction as normal and then they do a second transaction with a different machine. It is quite convoluted.

It then shows up as below

Old Mar 6, 2015, 1:35 pm
Original Poster

Of the 28 Farmatodo stores in Boggie, only 4 give LMs. Typical half-baked Avianca scheme.

But better than Totto: until today only 1 gave LMs.

Farmatodo Andino gives LMs. I shall pop in to buy a Mars bar this evening and give it a try.

NB. I don't think the PIN is required for accumulation, only redemption.

Last edited by IanWorthington; Mar 6, 2015 at 1:43 pm
Old Mar 6, 2015, 2:22 pm
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
It is ambiguous on Avianca's website whether you can activate your card for accumulation but block if for terminal redemptions in store. Rather it is ambiguous if you block if for redemptions then it may also block accumulation.

You have to activate a PIN for redemptions, if you deactivate the PIN then I don't think it remains clear whether you have also deactivated accumulations or not, I decided that yes, accumulations would also be deactivated.

I am unwilling to get into a debate about this, given it is ambiguous there will not be an absolute outcome.

I'd recommend you set up a PIN and activate the redemptions with the 5000 LMs per day redemption limit. This will prevent your LMs being spent on high-end lubricants should your physical card and PIN fall into the manly hands of transgendered prostitutes.

You certainly could buy a Mars Bar at Andino, my 54 points was for a bulk purchase of Pregabalina, an anti-convulsive drug that chills you out and better prepares you for half baked Avianca schemes. There is a growing body of evidence that suggests that the Mars Bar might give you type 2 diabetes. Shop carefully at Farmatodo.

Have a day

JC
Old Mar 7, 2015, 12:31 am

Programs: *A Gold, HH dia,Hyatt plat,Sixt PLAT,QF , EY Gold
I wrote about this a few weeks back with alot of great feedback here.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/avian...lifemiles.html

But the best way is to donation a mile.
Old Mar 7, 2015, 12:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Shanye2233
I wrote about this a few weeks back with alot of great feedback here.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/avian...lifemiles.html

But the best way is to donation a mile.
Aye, I saw that. It just confused me too I'm afraid.
Old Mar 7, 2015, 1:02 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JohnnyColombia
It is ambiguous on Avianca's website whether you can activate your card for accumulation but block if for terminal redemptions in store. Rather it is ambiguous if you block if for redemptions then it may also block accumulation.

You have to activate a PIN for redemptions, if you deactivate the PIN then I don't think it remains clear whether you have also deactivated accumulations or not, I decided that yes, accumulations would also be deactivated.

I am unwilling to get into a debate about this, given it is ambiguous there will not be an absolute outcome.

I'd recommend you set up a PIN and activate the redemptions with the 5000 LMs per day redemption limit. This will prevent your LMs being spent on high-end lubricants should your physical card and PIN fall into the manly hands of transgendered prostitutes.

You certainly could buy a Mars Bar at Andino, my 54 points was for a bulk purchase of Pregabalina, an anti-convulsive drug that chills you out and better prepares you for half baked Avianca schemes. There is a growing body of evidence that suggests that the Mars Bar might give you type 2 diabetes. Shop carefully at Farmatodo.

Have a day

JC
No need to debate it, you're just wrong. Which I should have deduced from your signature really.

Set up my card with no redemption ability and my purchase credited without problem. Expiry date was extended to April 2017

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.