Is all SQ ex-SIN blocked (even Y)?

Old Feb 21, 2015, 1:12 am
Original Poster

Is all SQ ex-SIN blocked (even Y)?

I used to book SIN-LAX in J all the time... but noticed how I can never book it anymore, even looking months out or even T-14 or less. NRT-LAX is fine on LM.

So thought I would fire up ANA and noticed wide open availability on SQ Y SIN-LAX... so I check LifeMiles and NOTHING.

DOT time?
Old Feb 21, 2015, 2:27 am

Originally Posted by pr0digy25
DOT time?
I lol'd
Old Feb 21, 2015, 7:43 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, A3 Gold
Have you tried calling?
Old Feb 21, 2015, 8:44 am

Programs: A3*G, QF PLATINUM, BA GOLD, VA GOLD, HH DIAMOND
Originally Posted by mlqsko
I lol'd
I too found that hilarious
Old Feb 21, 2015, 1:34 pm

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
DOT time?
buena suerte!
Old Feb 21, 2015, 4:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA,AA,AS,BA
I used to book SIN-LAX in J all the time... but noticed how I can never book it anymore, even looking months out or even T-14 or less. NRT-LAX is fine on LM.

So thought I would fire up ANA and noticed wide open availability on SQ Y SIN-LAX... so I check LifeMiles and NOTHING.

DOT time?
Of course there is. Your search methodology is probably too simplistic. You have not bothered to read back a few pages.
Old Feb 21, 2015, 5:13 pm

Programs: Flying: VA; Buying: AA, AS, AV, BA, UA!
DOT time?
Hilarious!

Tell me, can you see those SIN - LAX flights on the UA website? Have they been visible any time in the past 12 months plus? And the DOT have done..?
Old Feb 22, 2015, 8:57 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by wheresmybagba
Hilarious!

Tell me, can you see those SIN - LAX flights on the UA website? Have they been visible any time in the past 12 months plus? And the DOT have done..?
Might give them something to do between the Great Dane debacle.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 3:32 pm

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
Well I looked at SQ MEL flights and nothing is showing up in the next 14 days in C, even though there is open availability showing on ANA Tool and other partner airlines.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 6:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
DOT time?
Sure!

But the prize of being the fool who broke lifemiles by contacting the DOT has already been given out
Old Feb 23, 2015, 11:16 pm

Bahahaha.
Old Feb 26, 2015, 8:08 pm
Original Poster

Trust me... I am not *that* stupid as to the Crown achiever of the said award already achieved.

After that one debacle, it's the one time I wanted to apologize on the behalf of another Canadian!
Old Mar 19, 2015, 7:27 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Well looking at a plain SIN-MEL and MEL-SIN redemption and 11months out nothing come up at all in Biz. Eco does almost every day, but Biz even for SQ A330 and 777 with regional J product is totally dry scanning a 8 weeks period and using all possible search variations / selections.

Not for comparison with LM, but at least KF has decent availability on the route even on 77W for 2 pax almost every day in my searched date range.

Think SQ definitely being restrictive with award inventory to other partners.

Last edited by demue; Mar 20, 2015 at 12:57 am
Old Mar 19, 2015, 7:36 pm

Programs: Flying: VA; Buying: AA, AS, AV, BA, UA!
Originally Posted by demue
Well looking at a plain SIN-MEL and MEL-SIN redemption and 11months out nothing come up at all in Biz. Eco does almost every day, but Biz even for SQ A330 and 777 with regional J product is totally dry scanning a 8 weeks period and using all possible search variations / selections. KF has plenty of availability though even on 77W for 2 pax almost daily in my searched range. Go figure.

Think SQ definitely being restrictive with award inventory to other partners.
Even when it was available...SQ J between SIN and Australia (and NZ), even A330 and 773 operated flights, were only available at T-14 days for a long time...and this applied to other *A partners, not just LM (searching KF for availability is probably not the most accurate way of doing things as it never matched up with LM space). Now of course it seems gone completely...although does pop up sometimes in connecting itineraries.
Old Mar 20, 2015, 12:55 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by wheresmybagba
Even when it was available...SQ J between SIN and Australia (and NZ), even A330 and 773 operated flights, were only available at T-14 days for a long time...and this applied to other *A partners, not just LM (searching KF for availability is probably not the most accurate way of doing things as it never matched up with LM space). Now of course it seems gone completely...although does pop up sometimes in connecting itineraries.
Thanks on the T-14 for Oz routes, I never redeemed for going there so didn't notice. Of course I get that KF doesn't match LM so I made my post above a bit clearer.

It was just meant as commentary that at least KF seems to be quite decent with availability at the moment at least looking 11 months out on this route. Just the Biz Saver 110K mls RT (-15% online) and 450 SGD YQ hurt.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.