Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

2x1 transfer promo Feb 2-16, 2015 (& reopened July 8-22)

Old Feb 2, 2015, 10:42 am
Original Poster

Just got the email ... I thought only the 7-8 years old kids use the backtick instead of proper apostrophe character

Dear unhappy member:

Transfer LifeMiles to your family or friends account and they´ll get double!

Don´t miss your chance and surprise the ones you love on Valentine´s Day. Do it from February 2nd to 16th and enjoy this miles with your friends.
Don’t have enough LifeMiles to enjoy your desired reward? How about asking your friends for a little help! You can transfer up to 75,000 miles per calendar year between LifeMiles accounts, for US$ 15.00 + Taxes per 1,000 miles.
Old Feb 2, 2015, 10:47 am

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
The only person that was surprised for Valentine's was me, Lifemiles!!!
Old Feb 2, 2015, 2:14 pm

Programs: BA BD SA
They are testing the resolve of all those who have been saying "I'm done with LifeMiles - just gonna use up my balance of points and that's it!".

Mmm... I wonder how strong I'm going to be...
Old Feb 2, 2015, 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by Cheetah_SA
They are testing the resolve of all those who have been saying "I'm done with LifeMiles - just gonna use up my balance of points and that's it!".

Mmm... I wonder how strong I'm going to be...
I bought during their last 3 promotions, but I'm done. I'm not even tempted to buy any more as I'm having trouble to find tickets for what I have now. I can't even find decent availability for regular tickets that I'd like anymore; I'm not even talking about tricked ones or anything special, just plain round trip tickets from point A to B. I'm sure LM must still be good and useful to some people, but not for me.
Old Feb 2, 2015, 3:24 pm

I won't be buying/transferring/bidding/donating LM. Simple straight forward bookings are becoming un-bookable more and more each day.
Old Feb 2, 2015, 7:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
2x1 transfer promo Feb 2-16, 2015

I'm successfully down to zero with no plans to buy. When I have to involve support to book a single carrier AAA-BBB-CCC routing where there are no tricks and the routing is 100% logical, it isn't a program I want to spend money with. The hassle becomes more problematic than it is worth. But it has been a good run .
Old Feb 2, 2015, 8:13 pm
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by mlqsko
Just got the email ... I thought only the 7-8 years old kids use the backtick instead of proper apostrophe character
I'm glad I am not the only one that gets the hump with this, it's an accent, given you cannot have an accent on a Y it adds it afterwards. They also did this in the "Buy your status" announcement. It's slapdash
Old Feb 3, 2015, 1:56 am

Programs: TK Elite
Not interested, especially since the euro lost like 25% since I last bought in the promo. Farewell LM!
Old Feb 3, 2015, 2:23 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Wilko Pali Sedef
Not interested, especially since the euro lost like 25% since I last bought in the promo. Farewell LM!
Yeah, the USD/EUR conversation rate hurts nowadays.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 2:33 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Same here. Still got two accounts in the family each with enough miles for one RT from SE Asia - Europe or US RT (no tricks) and that will be it. If one can find availability that is.

They honestly need to feel the pain of easy cash flow ebbing away or else it won't teach them anything.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 8:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
2x1 transfer promo Feb 2-16, 2015

Well, it isn't as though they are going to reallow (at least not intentionally) all of the tricks that many of us used to achieve the desired points valuations. I also doubt they reduce the miles required on the chart, or that LH F returns or anything like that.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 11:52 am

Is able for someone to transfer miles from their account to a parent or spouse, get the bonus, and then transfer the miles back to the original account and get another bonus? For example, transferring 10,000 miles from account A to account B so that account B gets a total of 20,000 miles. Then, transferring those 20,000 miles back to account A so that account A has a total of 40,000 miles?
Old Feb 3, 2015, 12:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
I am glad that many have decided not to buy and redeem, as this will allow some of us to get the seats we need for redemption. ^ ^
Old Feb 3, 2015, 12:41 pm

Programs: QFF NB, AA GLD
Originally Posted by DeathChurch
Is able for someone to transfer miles from their account to a parent or spouse, get the bonus, and then transfer the miles back to the original account and get another bonus? For example, transferring 10,000 miles from account A to account B so that account B gets a total of 20,000 miles. Then, transferring those 20,000 miles back to account A so that account A has a total of 40,000 miles?
Yes.
(In the last transfer miles promo, Mrs pandaperth and I bounced miles back and forth until we had the number we needed for our planned redemptions)
Old Feb 3, 2015, 12:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
There's a limit of 75,000 miles per calendar year "between" accounts, so that would limit the transfer back and forth. However, it isn't clear whether this applies per account (what they probably mean) or per pair of accounts, so that one could do 75,000 each with an unlimited number of other individuals.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.