LHR service

Old Feb 2, 2015, 10:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
LHR service

I'm wondering if a couple people with lots of AV experience and or routing can solve this one for me.

1. ITA Matrix doesn't list the AV BOG-LHR flight at all, any ideas? Even if I just search direct, nothing comes up, other AV stuff comes up just fine.

2. AV website search brings up the BOG-LHR flight just fine directly, and no issues when starting with a domestic connection. But if you enter for instance MEX-LHR, it'll give you a routing but refuses to include the BOG-LHR flight, it always puts you on flights to MAD/BCN. But it works SAL-LHR. So I'm wondering if A) there's maybe laws that restrict who can buy/fly Colombia-UK direct? or B) if there's just too much connection time, so they don't offer it from the MEX flights, I could solve this myself with ITA Matrix, but again the flight doesn't show up, so when I try MIA-LHR x:BOG it comes up with nothing.

All of this is in aid of me hopefully visiting London one day, while ALSO flying the AV 787 . What I would attempt to do would be to use Aeroplan miles to go YVR-LHR via BOG, but I'm not sure exactly if their rules would allow it, but at the very least I can start figuring it out if I can answer 1 and 2.
Old Feb 21, 2015, 11:35 am
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
1) I think this is part of Google's strategy of breaking everything it touches. Oddly AV shows up in the calendar page but not the itinerary page.

It's not just London, it is many AV TATLs. Also Avianca does not work automatically in Google Flights

2) Dunno about this but BOG LHR turns up lots of places you do not want it in Lifemiles, I have spotted IAH to LHR via BOG before now. Given that *A does not have a UK partner anymore, I often see BOG MAN being routed as BOG LHR BRU/FRA MAN rather than BOG FRA MAN which would be handier. So that BOG LHR is not shy about whoring itself out for LM redemptions.
Old Feb 21, 2015, 3:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
Haha, it's the classic award maze. The flight you want doesn't show up, but the connection to the same flight does. I hate that Avianca has troubles on google flights, that said I usually end up not flying them just cuz Copa/UA are almost always cheaper, or AV loves to force that stop in SAL.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.