Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

having difficulty purchasing Rev tix on O6

Old Jan 31, 2015, 1:48 pm
Original Poster

Mod: please move as appropriate.

For whatever reason, cannot ticket on O6's website. (I know that O6 hasn't been folded into AV yet, but I figured this might be best place to post). We have an account for O6 login, have input all appropriate numbers, &keep getting a return reading that only 100 online tickets can be ticketed in a day. Travelocity et al do not even show the flights. If it matters we are US based with dual citizenship.

PS. No wonder *A had issues with their OPS
Old Jan 31, 2015, 2:10 pm

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
I've have a few issues booking flights on Brazilian carriers, esp with domestic sectors. Some only accepted local credit cards IIRC.

Ended up having to rely on OTAs like expedia. Could be the same issue you're facing
Old Jan 31, 2015, 2:14 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
Oh brother! I had an issue with these guys too, but some sleuthing got me the results I was looking for.

I couldn't book directly with them because it kept requiring some Brazilian ID number which as a Canadian I don't have, couldn't understand how a foreigner would ever buy a ticket not in person, maybe that's a law down there or something? I dunno.

So, I went on despegar.com.co knowing some Colombia OTAs, then managed to find their Brazilian partner page www.decolar.com (hope it's ok to post that).

Anyway, I bought via their page using my Canadian credit card, had no issues. I noticed my booking "receipt" wasn't really a receipt though, it didn't say what the charge was or anything, so I was a bit weary. I tried checking the reservation on decolar, no luck, tried checking online on the O6 site, no luck. Eventually I used the online chat (not speaking Portuguese I really didn't wanna call, but I can read it with the help of google translate) and they found my booking and issued me a much more professional looking itinerary with the price and all that good stuff on it.

So it was done in a VERY round-about way, and maybe I was just paranoid with the Decolar "receipt" but I'd suggest you book there, then maybe confirm with O6 over the phone or via the online chat.

Hope this helps.
Old Feb 2, 2015, 12:24 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by drvannostren
Oh brother! I had an issue with these guys too, but some sleuthing got me the results I was looking for.

I couldn't book directly with them because it kept requiring some Brazilian ID number which as a Canadian I don't have, couldn't understand how a foreigner would ever buy a ticket not in person, maybe that's a law down there or something? I dunno.

So, I went on despegar.com.co knowing some Colombia OTAs, then managed to find their Brazilian partner page www.decolar.com (hope it's ok to post that).

Anyway, I bought via their page using my Canadian credit card, had no issues. I noticed my booking "receipt" wasn't really a receipt though, it didn't say what the charge was or anything, so I was a bit weary. I tried checking the reservation on decolar, no luck, tried checking online on the O6 site, no luck. Eventually I used the online chat (not speaking Portuguese I really didn't wanna call, but I can read it with the help of google translate) and they found my booking and issued me a much more professional looking itinerary with the price and all that good stuff on it.

So it was done in a VERY round-about way, and maybe I was just paranoid with the Decolar "receipt" but I'd suggest you book there, then maybe confirm with O6 over the phone or via the online chat.

Hope this helps.
Thanks, Dr. Van. I did check out decolar.com. Interestingly, the site charges a surcharge of around $140 to do the ticket. SO, we tried again on O6's website (we have a CPF) and it finally worked. Had we not had a CPF, it would have been impossible to purchase a ticket. Finally, I note that O6's website is a real pain and has more glitches than .bomb. I find it hard to believe that *A would let O6 in the alliance without O6 fixing those material glitches.
Old Feb 2, 2015, 10:13 am

That's weird, I didn't get charged $140 extra, I was only buying SP-Rio and return though, so maybe it has something to do with the route you were buying? $140 would've been more than the price of my ticket.

Some websites didn't seem to offer O6 as I recall too, but I got exactly what I wanted, paid a little bit more to try the Avianca Brasil product over GOL/Azul or whatever. Plus I needed semi-specific hours and I wanted to try all 4 major airports in the 2 cities (don't care about Viracopos). So in the end I got my CGH-SDU-GIG-GRU sometimes you just gotta work for what you want haha
Old Sep 17, 2015, 6:02 pm
Original Poster

Checking O6 Award Availability

Is there a way to ascertain award availability on O6 without going through its website?
Old Sep 17, 2015, 6:10 pm

If you're an Aeroplan member, as soon as 06 got folded in the awards showed up. Not sure where else you could check other than maybe expertflyer but I don't pay for that so i don't really know how to use it exactly.

If you're not an AP member and have a VERY specific search, I'm happy to do it.
Old Sep 18, 2015, 6:48 am

Programs: JJ OW Emerald, TK*G, O6*G, Smiles Diamond, IC Amb, Le Club Platinum, former LH SEN (miss it!)
cancel

Last edited by AlexMC; Sep 18, 2015 at 6:50 am Reason: wrong answer

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.