Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

Time change on flight - is reticketingrequird

Old Jan 29, 2015, 3:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF gold, HH Diamond, VA plat, Aegean Gold

Thai have changed my award flight by 45 mins - and there is a new flight number. Do I need to get the ticket reissued. The changes are visible on the Thai website easily. Thanks
Old Jan 29, 2015, 6:09 am

No, airlines make such changes all the time.

You only need to be in touch with them if you have a connection to make and you're below the minimum connecting time.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 12:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF gold, HH Diamond, VA plat, Aegean Gold
Thank you for your reply. SOrry I should have added the flight number has also changed as the original flight was cancelled - does this make a difference to your answer?
Old Jan 29, 2015, 1:09 pm

No. You're automatically rebooked on the new flight.
Old Mar 12, 2015, 10:55 am

I think for simple sked changes, they may do what they call a "revalidation" or something similar. However, a new flight number is a more severe change and quite possibly requires a reissue. In an abundance of caution, you would want the flight details on your itinerary to match your ticket to avoid issues when checking in.
Old Mar 20, 2015, 5:50 pm

My CA flight from Shanghai and Melbourne has also been cancelled, I found out accidentally when trying to pre select seats.

There are two legs to my awards ticket ICN - PVG / PVG - MEL.
The first flight shows confirmed and the PVG -MEL part now shows cancelled.

In the process of calling Lifemiles now trying to figure this out
Old Mar 20, 2015, 7:37 pm

No dice, just got screwed. Life miles just cancelled my ticket, this is a week after I received confirmation for my booking.

Apparently CA overbooked and cancelled my ticket without notifying anybody in the last 24 hours, I just happened to find out because I logged in change seat assignments. Just spend an hour on the phone with lifemiles, they aren't willing to do anything, just refund my mileage credits

This has pretty much screwed me over as I had domestic flights and hotels booked...
Old Mar 21, 2015, 2:39 am

Originally Posted by Arram Kim
No dice, just got screwed. Life miles just cancelled my ticket, this is a week after I received confirmation for my booking.

Apparently CA overbooked and cancelled my ticket without notifying anybody in the last 24 hours, I just happened to find out because I logged in change seat assignments. Just spend an hour on the phone with lifemiles, they aren't willing to do anything, just refund my mileage credits

This has pretty much screwed me over as I had domestic flights and hotels booked...
Ouch. On a side note, how do you select seats with CA?!
Old Mar 28, 2015, 2:12 am

Hi Wtcmor,

Re issuance is required as there is a change in flight number. In case, if tickets would not be re issued, you might issue a trouble check in online as the ticket mask would not match the itinerary or sometimes these airlines would cancel the space....

Thanks and Regards
taran_2005
Old Apr 1, 2015, 8:02 pm
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Arram Kim

I am a bit late to this party but I think you went the wrong way about this. Changes and cancellations have been discussed. You need to call the operating airline and get them to fix their goof. They will validate a new itinerary. You then call AV and have an argument with their agent before getting passed to someone whose job it is to reissue the ticket with the validated new itinerary.

As it stands you went straight to AV, they see no other award inventory and that's all they look for, so they refund your miles.

Takes a while but doing this works just fine
Old Jan 4, 2017, 8:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Question

So I have the same issue, flight time changes, should i contact LM?
Old Jan 4, 2017, 11:12 am

Programs: DL PM - IC RA - HHonors Gold - Hertz Gold - AA - US - CO - Choice Privileges
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
So I have the same issue, flight time changes, should i contact LM?
Explore the options prior to calling. And in the case of LifeMiles award travel call the operating carrier first. Certainly do not hesitate to hang up and call again and again if required. Ultimately with no good options LifeMiles will cancel the itinerary and issue the refund. The operating carrier can open up award space. LifeMiles cannot open up award space on the operating carrier. A proactive approach is the better approach.

As an example, I booked award travel via LifeMiles with an itinery consisting of Asiana Airline, ANA and United. Asiana changed the time by 5 minutes. I attempted to check on the status of the ticket via the Asiana Airlines site without success due to an error message. I called Asiana and the customer service representative acknowledged the change and informed me I needed to confirm the change via the Asiana web site. I noted the error message on the web site and the customer service proceeded to confirm the change. And do check on the itinerary regularly as the changes are often not limited to the one change and at some point the ticket is without rhyme or reason due to multiple changes.
Old Jan 4, 2017, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by view-with-a-room
Explore the options prior to calling. And in the case of LifeMiles award travel call the operating carrier first. Certainly do not hesitate to hang up and call again and again if required. Ultimately with no good options LifeMiles will cancel the itinerary and issue the refund. The operating carrier can open up award space. LifeMiles cannot open up award space on the operating carrier. A proactive approach is the better approach.

As an example, I booked award travel via LifeMiles with an itinery consisting of Asiana Airline, ANA and United. Asiana changed the time by 5 minutes. I attempted to check on the status of the ticket via the Asiana Airlines site without success due to an error message. I called Asiana and the customer service representative acknowledged the change and informed me I needed to confirm the change via the Asiana web site. I noted the error message on the web site and the customer service proceeded to confirm the change. And do check on the itinerary regularly as the changes are often not limited to the one change and at some point the ticket is without rhyme or reason due to multiple changes.

Thanks, on the SWISS site it states to contact travel agent, i guess they mean whom issued the ticket and in this case Lifemiles.
Old Jan 4, 2017, 1:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I called and they will re-issue
Old Jan 12, 2017, 1:08 am

Programs: A3*G, QF PLATINUM, BA GOLD, VA GOLD, HH DIAMOND
for time changes that don't involve new dates and different flight numbers there is no need for either a revalidation OR a reissue. You won't have any issue getting on the flight

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.