Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avianca Business Class (Clase Ejecutiva)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2014, 9:40 am
Original Poster

Hello! First time posting on here so hopefully im posting in the right section. I am flying Avianca from MIA-LIM in March. I was curious to see if Avianca has any lounges that they use for business class. Also how are the flights on the A330? have the refreshed the inside of the aircraft they use for this route? Thanks!
Old Dec 24, 2014, 12:46 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Welcome to Flyertalk jetsettlex Please follow this thread in the Avianca Forum.
Thanks...
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator
Old Dec 27, 2014, 12:19 am

Programs: Yes, I belong.
Originally Posted by jetsettlex
Hello! First time posting on here so hopefully im posting in the right section. I am flying Avianca from MIA-LIM in March. I was curious to see if Avianca has any lounges that they use for business class. Also how are the flights on the A330? have the refreshed the inside of the aircraft they use for this route? Thanks!
As far as I know, Avianca (and most of the *A airlines arriving/departing from J Concourse) do not have lounge access in MIA.

I have a question about Business Class passengers at PTY: is there a priority/fast track/expedited line at security upon departure? If so, what are its hours?
Old Dec 27, 2014, 6:58 am

Programs: AA-PLT, HH-GLD, PP
Originally Posted by YEGcg
As far as I know, Avianca (and most of the *A airlines arriving/departing from J Concourse) do not have lounge access in MIA.

I have a question about Business Class passengers at PTY: is there a priority/fast track/expedited line at security upon departure? If so, what are its hours?
You are correct. There is no *A lounge available in concourses H & J.

As for the priority security lines in PTY, I am not sure. A better place to ask this question might be the "Other North and South America Airlines" forum:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other...-airlines-472/

There are lots of COPA flyers that travel to PTY often there. I flew out of PTY recently and did not see a priority line. However, it was a Saturday night and the regular lines were short, so I did not make any effort to find one.
Old Dec 27, 2014, 11:35 pm

Then why are there posts about Avianca Biz class ticket holders using The VIP Lounge now operated by LATAM at J5? I thought that was the purpose of this club to include the airlines that did not have access. Avianca even says on their website there is a lounge to use at MIA.
Old Dec 28, 2014, 4:26 am

Programs: Yes, I belong.
Originally Posted by rxn211
Then why are there posts about Avianca Biz class ticket holders using The VIP Lounge now operated by LATAM at J5? I thought that was the purpose of this club to include the airlines that did not have access. Avianca even says on their website there is a lounge to use at MIA.
I haven't seen these posts in the Avianca forum and the the *A website lounge finder does not indicate a arrival or departure lounge for AV passengers at MIA.

Last edited by YEGcg; Dec 28, 2014 at 4:37 am Reason: clarity
Old Dec 28, 2014, 12:39 pm

http://www.travelagentcentral.com/ce...-airport-43348

Confirmed with another recent traveler that AV does have access as well.
Old Dec 28, 2014, 2:10 pm

If you are not flying J but have Priority Pass you could also use that LATAM lounge in the J Terminal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.