Galapagos Availability

Old Dec 21, 2014, 12:05 pm
Original Poster

Galapagos Availability

Hi,

I've been looking for flights from Quito (or Guayaquil) to the Galapagos but there is nothing available after Easter (I want to go sometime in July/August). Aerogal's other routes are available to be booked well into the Southern Winter, so does this mean that the Galapagos flights are sold-out/not available or are they likely to be added later?

If it helps, United shows lots of false availability throughout July/August and I believe Air Canada does as well (though I don't have AC miles so can't do a dummy booking on it).

Thanks.
Old Dec 21, 2014, 2:28 pm

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
That's a very hard route for mileage awards... They also can fill up their flights without offering awards...

Better book with UA or buy yourself a ticket!
Old Dec 22, 2014, 9:22 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Air Rarotonga
That's a very hard route for mileage awards... They also can fill up their flights without offering awards...

Better book with UA or buy yourself a ticket!
I would love to book with UA (that's where my miles are), but the availability they're showing does not exist! Thankfully LAN has some seats I can book via BA but it's much more expensive than UA/AV. I was hoping that there would be a tiny chance that Avianca pencilled the flights in then decided to temporarily withhold them until a later date (both Air Canada and United websites show them as available) but I know that's a long shot.
Old Dec 22, 2014, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
In October I booked using UA miles for August 2015 travel XXX-UIO-GPS-GYE-XXX
The legs to Galapagos are only in Y.

United.com shows lots of phantom availability in J - for both GPS and SCY. They are not bookable.
Old Dec 22, 2014, 12:25 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rankourabu
In October I booked using UA miles for August 2015 travel XXX-UIO-GPS-GYE-XXX
The legs to Galapagos are only in Y.

United.com shows lots of phantom availability in J - for both GPS and SCY. They are not bookable.
I guess I left it too late then. All the economy availability in August now appears to be phantom availability - errors on the website and call centre can't see it.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 1:25 am

Programs: Aeroplan, British Airways, Alaska
GPS-UIO

Originally Posted by rankourabu
Is this still the case?

I tried to book GPS-UIO-BOG-MEX-YVR using Aeroplan and it wouldn't allow the GPS-UIO leg so I just booked the other legs after calling Aeroplan proved futile.

I tried to book the GPS-UIO using United miles and it showed J but I received an error message at the last page.

Is my only option a cash ticket? It's an expensive flight
Old Feb 24, 2015, 4:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Sean22mac
Is this still the case?

I tried to book GPS-UIO-BOG-MEX-YVR using Aeroplan and it wouldn't allow the GPS-UIO leg so I just booked the other legs after calling Aeroplan proved futile.

I tried to book the GPS-UIO using United miles and it showed J but I received an error message at the last page.

Is my only option a cash ticket? It's an expensive flight
Weirdly - real I space opened up sometime in the last two weeks for my flights in August. Where before it would give the error - the ANA tool showed this time the space was real.

I was able to change my MP booking (online) - all my domestic legs (UIO-GYE, GYE-GPS, SCY-GYE) to J on AeroGal planes. ^
Old Feb 24, 2015, 7:19 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, British Airways, Alaska
I called Aeroplan again today for Avianca GPS-UIO in October and they can see it but still can't book it.

I will keep trying....
Old Feb 25, 2015, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Sean22mac
I called Aeroplan again today for Avianca GPS-UIO in October and they can see it but still can't book it.

I will keep trying....
Clearly your issue is with Aeroplan, not Avianca availability....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.