Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

Buy Miles 2x1 and Earn more with your Avianca LifeMiles Card‏

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2014, 8:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat, Sixt Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Avis First, Caesars TR Diamond, Mlife Gold

Dear George:

Enjoy our Buy Miles 2x1 promotion, awarded as the Best Promotion in the Americas at the Freddie Awards 2014. For each 1,000 LifeMiles you buy until September 30th, 2014, you will receive double!

Also, if you pay with your Avianca LifeMiles debit or credit card and you purchase 5,000 LifeMiles or more, between the date of subscription to this promotion and September 27th 2014, we will give you an additional mile per each earned mile by spending with your card, up to a maximum of 2,000 miles.

Donīt forget that starting October 1st 2014, the price per 1,000 miles will increaseđ.

Terms & conditions
This promotion is exclusively for LifeMiles members: With a registered email and have received the email with the promotion; Who have subscribed to the promotion between September 22th and 27th, 2014 trough the following link click here Who after the subscription, purchased a minimum of 5,000 miles in one transaction in the miles 2x1 Promotion, between the date of subscription and September 27th, 2014, and receive a 5,000 bonus miles. LifeMiles will give an extra mile per each mile reported by the LifeMiles credit and/or debit card issuing Bank, since the date of subscription to the promotion until October 31st, 2014. Maximum accumulated bonus: 2,000 miles. Bonus miles will be accrued based on the issuing Banksīs reports on the dates previously mentioned, without considering when the consumptions were made with the card. Bonus miles will be accrued 5 days after the issuing Banks reports consumptions miles with the LifeMiles credit and/or debit card. Bonus miles will be accrued to the account of the card holder subscribed to the promotion before purchasing Miles 2x1 between September 22th to 27th 2014. In the case a member has more than one LifeMiles credit and/or debit card, the maximum of 2,000 bonus miles will be applied only once to the member account, not per each card. The miles earned with this promotion do not apply to achieve Elite status. Promotion Code: LMCM04 This promotion does not apply combined with other promotions, only with the Buy Miles 2x1 Promotion, in that case, terms and conditions of such promotion will apply, including those mentioned above. Buy Miles 2x1 promotion: This promotion is available in LifeMiles.com, POS or Aviancaīs Call Center. Except for residents of Colombia, where is available only through LifeMiles.com and Call Center and for residents of Venezuela, is available only through LifeMiles.com. Maximum LifeMiles purchase per transaction LM 75,000. Maximum LifeMiles purchase per member per calendar year: LM 150,000 (including bonuses purchase of promotional miles). Miles must be purchased in multiples of 1,000. Maximum number of transactions per member during the term of the promotion: 1 transaction. In LifeMiles.com purchases can only be made through the EARN / Buy LifeMiles option. Not valid on Flexible payment option (miles and money) during the redemption payment of air tickets. Each package of a 1,000 miles has maximum cost of USD 35.40, including taxes of each country *. For residents in Colombia, each package of 1,000 miles, has a cost of USD 30, values are settled based on Colombiaīs exchange rate the date of the transaction.*For residents of Peru each package of 1,000 miles has a cost of USD 35.4 or S / .99.1, including taxes. Exchange rate from July 1st 2014: S /. 2.80 Per 1 USD dollar. *For residents of Costa Rica, each package of 1,000 miles has a cost of USD 30; values are settled based on the exchange rate prevailing on the date of the transaction. Form of payment through Call Center and LifeMiles.com: International credit or debit card. Cash payments are only allowed at AVIANCA Information Centers. Other Conditions: Applies only to members enrolled in the program prior to September 2nd of 2014. The receipt of the transaction will reflect only the total number of miles credited to the memberīs account, including the bonus miles and the total charge for the transaction. The miles bought and earned with this promotion do not apply to achieve Elite status. The amount paid for the mile purchase is not refundable. Miles are not endorsable. Miles purchased, once accrued, can be redeemed in accordance with the conditions specified in the LifeMiles Program Terms and Conditions and the portfolio of products and services available for redemption. đFor more information, consult here. LifeMiles Terms and Conditions apply. LifeMiles is a trademark of LifeMiles Corp.

UPDATE E-MAIL ADDRESS | UPDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION | CANCEL SUBSCRIPTION

You have received this email because you are subscribed to LifeMiles News and Offers. This is an informative message sent to [email protected]; please do not reply. Have questions? Email us at [email protected], call us or visit us. LifeMiles, the Frequent Flyer Program of Avianca. LifeMiles Terms and Conditions apply. LifeMiles is a registered Trademark of LifeMiles Corp. Boulevard Sur y Avenida El Almendro, Antiguo Cuscatlán, La Libertad, El Salvador | Avenida El Dorado No. 59 – 15, Bogotá D.C., Colombia.
Old Oct 16, 2014, 10:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat, Sixt Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Avis First, Caesars TR Diamond, Mlife Gold
When do I get miles from this promo?
Old Nov 19, 2014, 2:30 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
The promo is back, but my attempt to use it started by coming out at 15 (fifteen) cents per mile. Are they crazy! I am not. Even 7.5 cents per mile is insanely expensive.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 3:38 am

Programs: UA, QF, VS, AA, US, HH, SPG
Originally Posted by GUWonder
The promo is back, but my attempt to use it started by coming out at 15 (fifteen) cents per mile. Are they crazy! I am not. Even 7.5 cents per mile is insanely expensive.
There seems to be more than one glitch - using a long-standing account that has 0 miles and no miles purchased ever - I get an error trying to purchase a base amount > 25,000 - saying you have exceeded your annual limit. Go figure - will wait a few days and see if these issues are fixed.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 5:44 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Its 330$ for 10 000 points which comes with a 10000 mile bonus, so a ratio of 1.65 cents per mile. OK in my book (use them for Europe-India redemptions which were reduced in the last correction)
Old Nov 19, 2014, 8:01 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by pschafer
There seems to be more than one glitch - using a long-standing account that has 0 miles and no miles purchased ever - I get an error trying to purchase a base amount > 25,000 - saying you have exceeded your annual limit. Go figure - will wait a few days and see if these issues are fixed.
There is indeed more than one glitch this time, which makes it important to look at the details of what you are (not) getting before hitting the final payment button.

The glitch which you mention above I had run into the previous time too. The glitch trying to charge a ridiculous 7.5 to 15 cents per mile is one glitch I had not encountered previously with this program despite buying a large number of Lifemiles in most rounds of these promos since FT started this dedicated forum for Lifemiles.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 8:31 am

I bet they won't sell much this time
Old Nov 20, 2014, 10:05 pm

Is there a new promo? I dont see any mention of current dates above.
Old Nov 20, 2014, 10:13 pm

Programs: QFF NB, AA GLD
Originally Posted by elusive1
Is there a new promo? I dont see any mention of current dates above.
November 19 to December 19
(from the email I received)
Old Nov 22, 2014, 11:51 pm

Programs: AC35K, AS MVP, WS Gold, ITA EP, Marriott Plat, Hyatt-Explorist, IHG Diamond
Can't redeem anything because the site is down, and the seat I wanted is now gone! Agent was not helpful either.
Old Dec 1, 2014, 6:47 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Cyber Monday:

Dear Oliver:
Enjoy Cyber Monday with LifeMiles.

Just for today, December 1st, 2014, for each package of LM1,000 you buy you will receive additional LM1,250.
This promotion is available through Aviancaīs Call Centers, LifeMiles.com and Avianca Information Centers, except Colombia where is available only through the Call Center and LifeMiles.com. For residents of Venezuela and Argentina, it is only available through LifeMiles.com. This promotion applies for mile purchases made only December 01st , 2014 (between 00.00-12.00 GMT -5, Colombia) . Minimum LifeMiles purchase per transaction: LM 1,000. Maximum LifeMiles purchase per transaction: LM 75,000. Maximum LifeMiles purchase per member per calendar year: LM 150,000 (including bonuses for purchase of promotional miles). Miles must be purchased in multiples of 1,000. Maximum number of transactions per member during the term of the promotion: 1 transaction. At LifeMiles.com purchases can only be made through the EARN / Buy LifeMiles option.
Old Dec 9, 2014, 5:39 pm

I just got an email saying they've upped the number of miles I can buy this year to 250,000 so that I can take advantage of the 2*1 deal... don't think I will, but maybe Boxing Day we'll get a 3*1 and then it'll be a good deal.
Old Dec 9, 2014, 7:01 pm

Programs: BA,Amex,Hilton,Hyatt,SPG
Boxing Day

Originally Posted by claurianta2
I just got an email saying they've upped the number of miles I can buy this year to 250,000 so that I can take advantage of the 2*1 deal... don't think I will, but maybe Boxing Day we'll get a 3*1 and then it'll be a good deal.
Donīt wait until Boxing Day since "This promotion applies for mile purchases made between November 19th and December 19th, 2014 as the last date of purchase" !

I donīt think that LM will come out with a 3x1 promotion just for one day on Boxing Day!
Old Dec 9, 2014, 7:20 pm

Originally Posted by Dennis
Donīt wait until Boxing Day since "This promotion applies for mile purchases made between November 19th and December 19th, 2014 as the last date of purchase" !

I donīt think that LM will come out with a 3x1 promotion just for one day on Boxing Day!
IIRC They did have a by-invitation 3x1 last year at Boxing Day. But maybe that was replaced by the 2.25x1 at Cyber Monday this year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.