Wiki Posts
Search

$33 for 1000 mile since Oct.1st?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2014, 1:23 am
Original Poster

$33 for 1000 mile since Oct.1st?

Haven't seen any threads about this.

"Until September 30th, 2014, the price of the block of 1,000 miles will continue to be at USD30 plus taxes. From October 1st, 2014, such price will increase to USD33 plus taxes1.

Remember that you may use the miles you purchase to fly to more than 1,300 destinations on routes operated by Avianca, partner airlines or Star Alliance member airlines. Also, use your LifeMiles with our vast partner network that includes hotels, car rentals, restaurants, stores certificates, health and beauty, among others.

Sincerely,"

https://www.lifemiles.com/eng/tra/pr...ot.aspx?D=NTI2

This means 10% increase for every ticket.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 6:56 am

Programs: BA BD SA
Yep, I saw that a month or two back. At least they gave advance warning. ^

It did make me wonder whether to load up on the sales prior to 1 October. But I decided I had enough miles for immediate needs (on the old redemption rates) and would wait for all the changes to work their way through. 10% on its own is not going to make or break the programme for me. It's the combination of changes that need to be assessed.

I do wish that just once LM would come up with an improvement to the program. (Booking multiple classes, say. Wouldn't cost them a cent apart from IT development. A really easy win.) Instead they just steadily chip away at the benefits and all the surprises for the members are on the downside. Not saying LM is a dog now - would just be nice to have some good news, is all.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 7:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Thats a very good business decision.
Old Aug 23, 2014, 5:09 pm

Programs: AA EP, CM PP, AV GM, UA Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Accor Plat
Let's face it. This has been too cheap for a very long time. The 10% increase in cost/mile is still cheaper than any OAL I fly. The changes to redemptions may make it much less of a bargain for many, but I'm fortunate in that my primary routes aren't affected.

I will buy more during the next sale.
Old Aug 25, 2014, 12:29 am

Programs: AC35K, AS MVP, WS Gold, ITA EP, Marriott Plat, Hyatt-Explorist, IHG Diamond
The award chart will also increase after October 15!

https://www.lifemiles.com/eng/tra/pro/proredenrow.aspx
Old Aug 25, 2014, 2:35 am

Programs: BA BD SA
Originally Posted by J_rob129
The award chart will also increase after October 15!

https://www.lifemiles.com/eng/tra/pro/proredenrow.aspx
Discussed in the thread here.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 4:38 pm

What happen to Cash Plus Miles after Oct 1st?
Currently the cash portion is $15 per 1k miles at best.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.