Community
Wiki Posts
Search

change of lifemiles ticket (not cancel)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2014, 5:18 pm
Original Poster

change of lifemiles ticket (not cancel)

What is the correct magic customer email address to make changes of the passenger's name?

I need to change the passenger's name (typo when made the booking) on a lifemiles ticket.

I talked to eight or nine phone agents; they could not change it by phone. Basically they kept transferring me back and force from lifemiles department to ticketing department. Agents from lifemiles department said ticketing department would take care of name change; vice versa.

It seems I could email the customer service with a copy of the passport to make the name change.

In 2013, the following email address worked: [email protected]
But it is no longer valid since 2014.

I emailed to [email protected] (got this email address from a phone agent), and got a response that I need to contact lifemiles. I emailed [email protected], but no response after 4 days.

Thanks a lot!

Last edited by milaohu; Aug 19, 2014 at 5:31 pm
Old Aug 20, 2014, 7:30 am

Programs: SQ, UA, Delta, BMI(RIP), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond (Thanks Amex) Hyatt Discov
Originally Posted by milaohu
What is the correct magic customer email address to make changes of the passenger's name?

I need to change the passenger's name (typo when made the booking) on a lifemiles ticket.

I talked to eight or nine phone agents; they could not change it by phone. Basically they kept transferring me back and force from lifemiles department to ticketing department. Agents from lifemiles department said ticketing department would take care of name change; vice versa.

It seems I could email the customer service with a copy of the passport to make the name change.

In 2013, the following email address worked: [email protected]
But it is no longer valid since 2014.

I emailed to [email protected] (got this email address from a phone agent), and got a response that I need to contact lifemiles. I emailed [email protected], but no response after 4 days.

Thanks a lot!
Might be cheaper and easier to cancel and rebook if award seats are still availble.
Old Aug 20, 2014, 10:05 am

If it is a minor typo (up to 3 letters) it wouldn't usually be a problem as there some leeway for misspelling. I have also flown with first and last name reversed.

Otherwise you need to cancel as very few airlines allow a name change without reissuing the ticket.
Old Aug 20, 2014, 11:46 am

OP, how big of an error are we talking here? Schmidt vs Shmidt or......Jones vs Alexander?
Old Aug 21, 2014, 7:05 am

Programs: BA BD SA
Originally Posted by largeeyes
...Jones vs Alexander?
LOL That's some typo!
Old Oct 16, 2014, 7:53 pm

When did you traveled with first and last name reversed?
I made a booking on LM and one of the pax first and last name is reversed but there's no award availability now...
Not sure what to do.. sigh
Old Oct 16, 2014, 7:59 pm

Originally Posted by pawsitive
I made a booking on LM and one of the pax first and last name is reversed but there's no award availability now...
Several times - but if it includes the US it may cause an issue. If you can check in on-line it is very unlikely anyone will notice.
Old Oct 16, 2014, 8:01 pm

Several times - but if it includes the US it is an issue. Elsewhere, If you can check in on-line it is very unlikely anyone will notice.
Old Oct 16, 2014, 8:35 pm

Originally Posted by erik123
Several times - but if it includes the US it is an issue. Elsewhere, If you can check in on-line it is very unlikely anyone will notice.
Thanks erik123, I am travelling from PEK-xHKG-SIN-PEK with CA & SQ.
What's the worse case scenario? Pay the re-issue fee?
Old Oct 24, 2014, 11:12 am

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, FM Prem, SPG gold
Transposed my first and last name on a domestic MS flight. Called to remedy and was told by USA MS call center not to worry about it.

I'm fairly certain on this route (ABS>ASW) I could have gotten away with a Jones-Alexander caliber typo.
Old Oct 25, 2014, 10:58 am

In Asia it is not usually a problem - so wouldn't worry about it. Lots of name reversals and typos in Asia.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.