Community
Wiki Posts
Search

lifemiles "close in" bookings

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2014, 4:54 pm
Original Poster

lifemiles "close in" bookings

Does any one known what is the restrict of "close in" booking and cancellation using lifemiles?
Can I book a flight depart 2 hours (using 2 hours as example) later using lifemiles?
Can I cancel a lifemiles award 2 hours (using 2 hours as example) before departure and still get the refund?
Thank you!
Old Jul 20, 2014, 6:21 pm

It's gonna take more than two hours over the phone...LOL
Old Jul 20, 2014, 8:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by katomoto
It's gonna take more than two hours over the phone...LOL
Their waiting time is less than US Airways..
Communication is a little difficult though.
Old Jul 20, 2014, 11:46 pm
Original Poster

I have a partial answer for "close in" ticketing.
AV lifemiles can't see a UA award ticket that is 7 hours later, while UA/AC can see it.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 12:29 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

You can try booking "close-in" but for some airlines ticketing can take a while (I've seen 24hrs) so you take your chances. I've had no problems cancelling even just before (or even after a flight when my cancellation couldn't be processed).
Old Jul 21, 2014, 1:51 am
formerly sahiljain22

Programs: Amex Plat; HH Diamond; SPG Plat; Hyatt Diamond; United 1K; National EE; HSBC Premier
Originally Posted by milaohu
I have a partial answer for "close in" ticketing.
AV lifemiles can't see a UA award ticket that is 7 hours later, while UA/AC can see it.
Not necessarily true. I have ticketed UA less than 2 hours from departure on LM.

OP - Its a risky bet. If its a simple trip (like 1 segment) and you have used your LM account before and know that your cc wont flag it as a foreign transaction etc, you can book LM close-in. If you are stuck in ticketing, you are doomed though. Cancellation is painful, but possible.
Old Jul 26, 2014, 10:25 am
ffI

Programs: AA EXP2M, DL 1MM DM ext, UA PP <=> HH G/Marr PE/Hyatt G/IHG P FT RA ( Recovering Addict)
I have a close in booking that I want to use lifemiles for, 1 day before departure
The space exists now but I do not know cancel options
Any help welcome
Can I cancel online at all?
Old Jul 27, 2014, 8:42 am
Moderator: Avianca, Travel Photography, Travel Technology & USA

Programs: Emeritus VIP Fromins Deli Encino grandfathered successor program - UA MM & HH Diamond
Let's all agree that if you have nothing constructive to add to the thread, you don't need to post. There is a trend that is creeping into the board, of sniping at others for questions that one would rather not see posted. If you have a problem with a posting, instead use the "Report A Bad Post" button, and let the moderation process proceed.

It is realized that the community is frustrated with recent changes to the LifeMiles program. However that is not an excuse to snipe at other posters, who ultimately are just as frustrated as you may be.

_
_
_
_
_
_

Last edited by Moderator2; Jul 27, 2014 at 8:52 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.