Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Copa award not showing?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2014, 4:26 pm
Original Poster

Copa award not showing?

See Copa award on UA, etc. but none show up on LM.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 3:12 pm

me too

same problem as you. Trying for a couple of days and no award on copa...
Old Jul 21, 2014, 4:13 pm

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
UA tends to phantom availability...

What does ANA tool say?
Old Jul 21, 2014, 4:50 pm

there is

Ana says there is disponibility
Old Jul 21, 2014, 7:19 pm

Is LM giving you nothing at all, or is it giving you AV flights where you would expect to see CM flights? If you are getting AV flights then this something that started and was discussed here a few months ago, where LM offers only AV flights in AV markets - such as some US to UK ridiculously routing through BOG. That happens regardless of your selection of Copa from the list. Have you tried a route that is served by CM and is not served by AV? I can't remember an example (I thought PTY-BSB, but it's not coming up with anything).
Old Jul 21, 2014, 9:06 pm

yes...

Originally Posted by Maayan
Is LM giving you nothing at all, or is it giving you AV flights where you would expect to see CM flights? If you are getting AV flights then this something that started and was discussed here a few months ago, where LM offers only AV flights in AV markets - such as some US to UK ridiculously routing through BOG. That happens regardless of your selection of Copa from the list. Have you tried a route that is served by CM and is not served by AV? I can't remember an example (I thought PTY-BSB, but it's not coming up with anything).
Yes, i tried routes from rec and mao, both served by copa and no avianca at all.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 7:15 am

Programs: BA, TK, UA, HH
I reported this to Lifemiles Support on June 02, and received a reply that it was a technical problem that would be sorted out soon. Since then several emails have been sent to the Lifemiles support and all the replies indicate that lifemiles department is working to resolve this problem!

As of now there are no Copa Airlines redemption seats avialable on lifemiles website or through the call centre, on ANY CM operated flight to/from ANY DESTINATION.

Following are some of the response emails received from the lifemiles support team.

-----Original Message-----
To:
Sent: Mon, Jul 14, 2014 3:18 pm
Subject: Re: Urgent Fwd: Re: General Inquiry [ET-5860508881200130709]

​​​​​Greetings
I would like to inform you that our internal department has confirmed us that they are currently addressing this issue, however, there is no estimated amount of time on how long it could take to solve this matter.
Keep in mind that in the meantime, we may assist you by manually booking this reservation, however, we will need you to provide us the information that was earlier requested.
Thank you for your comprehension and valuable time.
Kind regards,.
Karla Tattiana Melendez
Suppirt Center Representative
LifeMiles [email protected]..

-----Original Message-----
To:
Sent: Thu, Jun 19, 2014 10:14 am
Subject: Re: Urgent Fwd: Re: General Inquiry [ET-5860508881200130709]

Greetings
We want to inform.that we have re-escalated your.comments.to our internal support area. We are still waiting for a response from their side regarding.the availability of spaces..Once we any update, we will contact.you back.
Thanks for understanding.
Best.regards,
.Luz de María Grande
Support Center Representative
LifeMiles Support.
[email protected].

Old Jul 28, 2014, 6:38 pm

Seeing CM flights:

Old Jul 29, 2014, 4:56 am

Programs: BA, TK, UA, HH
Yes. Its working now.
Just booked GIG-PTY-TPA-DEN in J through the lifemiles website for 24OCT. Cheers.
Old Aug 4, 2014, 9:32 pm

Programs: AA EP, CM PP, AV GM, UA Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Accor Plat
I am a bit surprised that AV actually fixed the "problem." They are very direct competitors within their home base region, and it only makes sense that either would attempt to steer passengers to their own metal.

UA certainly gives CM priority in schedules over AV, and that may be some programming left over from their CO partnership days, but I'll bet that when (I don't think there is a question that it will eventually happen) Copa leaves M+ and starts their own loyalty program that they will show their flights unless you really know how to manipulate their search engine to include AV. Now THAT should be interesting to learn!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.