Air India *A Award Flights now bookable

Old Jul 11, 2014, 3:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SQ QPPS, *A Gold, EK Skywards Gold
Air India *A Award Flights now bookable

LM website seems to have been updated overnight. Able to find availability on several AI routes.

What's interesting is that intra-India flights don't seem to pull up as connections to other *A flights. For example DEL-(AI)-ICN-(UA)-SFO is available and so is BLR-DEL (AI) if searched separately. Connection time between the BLR-DEL and DEL-ICN is only 2 hours so it's not the connection time that is throwing things off.

Hope this changes! Bringing AI into the *A mix has significantly opened up the South Indian market (MAA, BLR, HYD) which used to languish for lack of *A carriers operating out of these airports. Was secretly hoping to book *A awards through LM via DEL or BOM to MAA/BLR
Old Jul 12, 2014, 3:55 am

Programs: QF LTG, VA Gold, BA Gold, HH, SFSC
Hopefully they will not take long to shake the bugs out of the system. Well, not all the bugs!
Old Jul 12, 2014, 11:24 am

this might be helpful ...

Old Jul 13, 2014, 6:57 am

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion
Anyone had success in actually booking air India flights? Whenever I try to go past the results screen, I get the "sorry there was a problem..." screen.
Old Jul 13, 2014, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by kaushik123
LM website seems to have been updated overnight. Able to find availability on several AI routes.

What's interesting is that intra-India flights don't seem to pull up as connections to other *A flights. For example DEL-(AI)-ICN-(UA)-SFO is available and so is BLR-DEL (AI) if searched separately. Connection time between the BLR-DEL and DEL-ICN is only 2 hours so it's not the connection time that is throwing things off.

Hope this changes! Bringing AI into the *A mix has significantly opened up the South Indian market (MAA, BLR, HYD) which used to languish for lack of *A carriers operating out of these airports. Was secretly hoping to book *A awards through LM via DEL or BOM to MAA/BLR
AI is a terrible airline. Its only somewhat acceptable class is F and it doesn't even have suites like its competitor Jet does.
Old Jul 14, 2014, 9:07 am

Programs: SQ, UA, Delta, BMI(RIP), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond (Thanks Amex) Hyatt Discov
Originally Posted by apk123
Anyone had success in actually booking air India flights? Whenever I try to go past the results screen, I get the "sorry there was a problem..." screen.
I could go upto the credit card page
Old Jul 14, 2014, 10:22 am

Originally Posted by SingaporeDon
I could go upto the credit card page
I still can't get to that stage.. Lifemiles must be really hating me or something... Or maybe loving me and trying to protect me from Air India?
Old Jul 14, 2014, 12:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
I think some intra-India tickets are not bookable. Tried BOM-COK and it said:

The itinerary you are searching for is not available at this moment. If you chose a specific airline for your search, please try with another one or dont select any to broaden your flight options.
Tried by selecting AI and without. This does not happen for DEL-BOM, although after selecting the flight I could not go forward.
Old Jul 19, 2014, 1:37 pm

So I found an air India award that worked perfectly for me but I kept getting errors before the payment page. I emailed the web support people and they actually managed to book me on the flights I wanted. So it's working, you just have to be prepared to deal with this extra hassle.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 1:53 am
formerly sahiljain22

Programs: Amex Plat; HH Diamond; SPG Plat; Hyatt Diamond; United 1K; National EE; HSBC Premier
Originally Posted by apk123
So I found an air India award that worked perfectly for me but I kept getting errors before the payment page. I emailed the web support people and they actually managed to book me on the flights I wanted. So it's working, you just have to be prepared to deal with this extra hassle.
So how did you go through this? Emailed them your account details and cc info?

I am trying to book a trip which has just 1 seat in biz, so I dont want to scre* around with award hold etc.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 4:43 am

Programs: LH FTL, BA Bronze
Originally Posted by fly747first
AI is a terrible airline. Its only somewhat acceptable class is F.
That's a sweeping generalisation. I think their 787 C seats are a cut above most *A seats.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 6:56 am

Originally Posted by sahiljain22
So how did you go through this? Emailed them your account details and cc info?

I am trying to book a trip which has just 1 seat in biz, so I dont want to scre* around with award hold etc.
I emailed the Lifemiles support email address that was in the error message. Then they requested a bunch of info in order for them to book (flight details, passenger details, contact info, screen shots of the flight search results and the error message). Then they created a PNR and said someone would call me to take my credit card details, which happened later in the day.

The back and forth between my first email and the time they actually booked the flight took about two days. Luckily, the award hasn't disappeared in the meanwhile. If you're anxious about your award disappearing maybe you should try calling and see what happens.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 5:10 pm

Programs: QFF
Does AI only release 1 award at a time? I am having no luck finding availability for 2 J awards (DEL-SYD), 1 is available pretty much every day.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 10:01 pm
formerly sahiljain22

Programs: Amex Plat; HH Diamond; SPG Plat; Hyatt Diamond; United 1K; National EE; HSBC Premier
Originally Posted by somebol
Does AI only release 1 award at a time? I am having no luck finding availability for 2 J awards (DEL-SYD), 1 is available pretty much every day.
No. I have seen 2 or more award seats in J on routes.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 9:09 am

Same here. Can't seem to ticket AI online!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.