Air India *A Award Flights now bookable

Old Sep 21, 2014, 7:49 am

Programs: BA Gold / IHG Platinum AMB
Hmm, this problem is hasn't been solved yet. I tried to book an itinerary with a ICN-HKG leg on AI (which is on their 787) and it gives this error message when I try to book it...
Old Oct 1, 2014, 12:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by griep
Hmm, this problem is hasn't been solved yet. I tried to book an itinerary with a ICN-HKG leg on AI (which is on their 787) and it gives this error message when I try to book it...
this problem still exists....lifemiles knows about it but have not done anything so far....a call to their call center is of no help as the agent simply says award availability is not there & that is the reason for the error message....

but i have managed to book 2 tickets on ai using lifemiles with the help of their web support....i sent them an email with the information they requested & i had my ticket booked within 24 hours both times....
Old Oct 5, 2014, 10:08 pm

Programs: SQ, UA, Delta, BMI(RIP), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond (Thanks Amex) Hyatt Discov
Originally Posted by Keyser

but i have managed to book 2 tickets on ai using lifemiles with the help of their web support....i sent them an email with the information they requested & i had my ticket booked within 24 hours both times....
Domestic AI or international?
Old Oct 6, 2014, 6:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by SingaporeDon
Domestic AI or international?
international....
Old Oct 7, 2014, 7:07 pm

Programs: SQ, UA, Delta, BMI(RIP), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond (Thanks Amex) Hyatt Discov
Booked AI EWR-BOM non-stop in J online today. Confirmation email came in in 5 minutes. So looks like AI international is now working via the website booking engine
Old Oct 7, 2014, 8:49 pm

finally, its fixed.
hope they fix the domestic legs ticketing too.
its such a pain to deal with their call centers.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 5:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

just booked 2 tickets myself....it's such a relief that this is finally fixed....
Old Oct 12, 2014, 2:48 am

Originally Posted by Keyser
just booked 2 tickets myself....it's such a relief that this is finally fixed....
Only hoping the EWR-BOM in J class is not as bad as some people seem to suggest. Have not travelled AI for ages now, and not sure about the hard/soft product on this long-haul flight!
Old Oct 12, 2014, 3:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Only hoping the EWR-BOM in J class is not as bad as some people seem to suggest. Have not travelled AI for ages now, and not sure about the hard/soft product on this long-haul flight!
i end up taking about a dozen ai long haul flights a year in business & their product is pretty decent....i find the seat to be comfortable & the service is good....ground handling is always hit or miss....but generally i've found ai to be pretty good in the air....
Old Oct 14, 2014, 2:23 am

Programs: QFF
Anyone have success booking AI domestic awards?

The itinerary you are searching for is not available at this moment. If you chose a specific airline for your search, please try with another one or don’t select any to broaden your flight options.
Thats what I get when searching for HYD-TIR
Old Oct 17, 2014, 1:59 am

Programs: AA EXP,2MM, DL Gold,Starwood PLT
The AI on board product is ok/acceptable. Nothing special by international standards but nothing awful. But,the challenge with AI is always about the ground/airport and their readability. They are pretty notorious for running an unreliable airline and horrible airport operations. The are subject to a lot of mechanical delays and bad about any communication and can leave passengers stranded for hours. Plan accordingly for possible delays and you should be fine.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 3:14 am

Programs: A3 *G, HH Diamond
Bringing this up again as I keep getting error messages when trying to book AI, on either international and domestic routes.

Has anyone experienced the same recently?
Old Feb 17, 2015, 5:19 am

Yeah, have been trying to/from Goa (GOI) for several weeks without any success.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 7:15 am

I just booked DEL-JFK in business without issue.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 7:37 am

Originally Posted by zolagola
Bringing this up again as I keep getting error messages when trying to book AI, on either international and domestic routes.

Has anyone experienced the same recently?
Ticketed BOM-EWR about a week ago, no problems, although it does seem like they only release one J seat, especially on this flight.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.