Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

LM F and J routes (and the occasional trick-it) Rebooted v2.0

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 26, 2014, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SingaporeDon
Originally Posted by Moderator2
Every forum on Flyertalk has a personality. A forum gains a personality through user input over time, and Lifemiles is a very definitive example of how users have developed a unique community.

While Flyertalk boards actively encourage sharing of info, the Lifemiles community has developed and thrived via obscuring of certain data elements. It may not be easy for new participants to break through the codes and gain knowledge of the program's quirks, but the overall board community has adopted this unique approach. And frankly, that is not going to change overnight.

If a FT member wants to participate on this board, then they will need to respect other users. Hence, posts that run counter to this community's standards, will be removed.
Region definitions
C1 North America
C1.5 Caribbean, Bermuda
C2 Europe
C2.5 Middle East
C3 Asia
C4 South America
C5 Africa
C6 Oceania

2X, 3X: in the context of this LifeMiles thread, 2X and 3X refer to any 2nd and 3rd legs of a one-way award ticket.

LifeMiles' Star Alliance Award Chart

LifeMiles' old Star Alliance Award Chart (before Oct 15 2014) // Table of changes

Cash & Miles redemptions: the price per mile purchased during award booking varies significantly depending on how many miles are purchased. The "sweet spots" are between 38% and 58% of the total mileage required, where miles are purchased for 1.5 cents. See here for some examples.

Beware of Cabotage: LifeMiles has been known to issue tickets that constitute Cabotage, and at least one instance of denied boarding has been reported, stranding the passenger. An easily-seen example is travel on Copa from LAX to SJU (via PTY).

Understand Cabotage: Departing country 1, transiting country 2, returning to country 1 (no stopping) *is* cabotage (example: depart JFK, connect in YYZ to return to ORD, or depart Miami, connect in Bogota, return to San Francisco). On the other hand, departing country 1, going to completely unrelated country 2, and ending up in country 3, is not cabotage. So if you fly JFK-JNB-ZRH, for instance, this is completely not cabotage.

Availability: Seeing availability for *A award seats elsewhere is no guarantee they are accessible on Lifemiles. For instance award space shown on ANA often is not accessible on Lifemiles. Similarly, finding award space on single legs doesn't mean you'll get award space on the combined itinerary. And no, there is no way to overcome that.

Screenshot Method
Send email to [email protected] with attached screenshots on Lifemiles website of each individual leg showing availability. Also, screenshot showing no availability as one booking. Include passenger names, gender and DOB and copy of passenger passport. They will either call you for payment or email the itinerary and give you 3 days to call up and make payment by CC.

NOTE: This previous thread has been closed; it can be read here LM F and J routes (and the occasional trick-it)
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2014, 11:17 pm

Programs: IC Royal Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond
Maybe if everyone in this thread contacted said carrier in small town USA and told them they would really much appreciate a first class product we might be riding F Class kangaroos down to OZ. I'm surprised there's even still service there.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 11:33 pm

Programs: QF, LM, USDM, AA
I could live with J at a pinch... But yes sometimes when i try to price it it won't go all the way through, other times it will, so who knows...
Old Aug 28, 2014, 2:24 pm

Whenever it involves the Asian carrier it errors out for me. However if it's all on the us carrier it goes trough.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 9:25 pm

Programs: QF, LM, USDM, AA
Sometimes it seems like i could click through with the Asian carrier, but might depend where you're departing from...
Old Aug 29, 2014, 12:40 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Globalist UA 1K MM, Delta Diamond
I've been out of the loop a bit . Any tricks or whatnot out of South America? In down near lim gye bog... Can't find any boomerangs etc.. Can get close to the USA for 9500 or into mia for 14000, but I want to be creative.. This is life miles
Old Aug 30, 2014, 4:39 am
Suspended

Programs: UA,AA,AS,BA
Originally Posted by ryan754
I've been out of the loop a bit . Any tricks or whatnot out of South America? In down near lim gye bog... Can't find any boomerangs etc.. Can get close to the USA for 9500 or into mia for 14000, but I want to be creative.. This is life miles
Obviously a highly sensitive issue because the consequence of what you are asking is that you would be cruising at 33.000 feet right above HeadQuarters.
HistoricalFlyer likes this.

Last edited by WingedWorldExplorer; Aug 30, 2014 at 5:26 am
Old Aug 30, 2014, 8:26 am

In case you want to visit Red Phone Booth around New Years there's J space from Hollywood to Woodcutter. I'm in for 2.
Old Aug 30, 2014, 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by casanovawa
Sometimes it seems like i could click through with the Asian carrier, but might depend where you're departing from...
As far as I know all itineraries by that asian carrier to US (from down under) which involve a technical stop error out. The opposite direction works just fine.
Old Aug 30, 2014, 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by stinger101
In case you want to visit Red Phone Booth around New Years there's J space from Hollywood to Woodcutter. I'm in for 2.
If Rob Ford wanted to go to Oktoberfest 3 months late in J. Youppi! could also get in on the same deal.
Old Aug 30, 2014, 5:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by AndrewE
Youppi! could also get in on the same deal.
Ok, now you're really making me feel homesick.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 10:04 am
CG

Originally Posted by WingedWorldExplorer
Obviously a highly sensitive issue because the consequence of what you are asking is that you would be cruising at 33.000 feet right above HeadQuarters.
A boomerang from C4-C1 via C2 possible, J and Y, despite HQ.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 1:24 pm

Programs: Pascal and Python, no C++
Originally Posted by CG
A boomerang from C4-C1 via C2 possible, J and Y, despite HQ.
Oh yes, but what if I told you that you could leave headquarters and go back to C4, not without seeing C2?
Old Sep 1, 2014, 9:33 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Globalist UA 1K MM, Delta Diamond
Originally Posted by WolfvanWeen
Oh yes, but what if I told you that you could leave headquarters and go back to C4, not without seeing C2?
Please?!
Old Sep 2, 2014, 5:08 am
Suspended

Programs: UA,AA,AS,BA
Originally Posted by WolfvanWeen
Oh yes, but what if I told you that you could leave headquarters and go back to C, not without seeing C?
Exactly, and in addition to originating at HQ you can actually originate somewhere else and make a connection through HQ, go to other continent(s) and return to continent of HQ. Works at lowest levels for both award zones. Lindo.

I love your use of double negative : "not without seeing"

Last edited by WingedWorldExplorer; Sep 2, 2014 at 5:23 am
Old Sep 2, 2014, 11:01 am

Just saw Italian beef sandwich to Sausage end of this month...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.