Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

Lufthansa A380 Business (I) locked for Lifemiles?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa A380 Business (I) locked for Lifemiles?

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2013, 9:13 pm

Programs: AA 2MM, Lifemiles 1.5M, UAL, Marriott Plat.
There is Availability: LM C Class (I-Award) MUC-FRA-JNB

Hello. Just tried and it worked from MUC to JNB via FRA on May 29th LH123 with connection in FRA LH572 (FRA-JNB)
Old May 18, 2013, 9:32 pm

DJJAGUAR: There is SIN-YYZ available

So you know, Jul 26, SQ#26 SIN-JFK then EWR-YYZ:
Múltiples Aerolíneas Múltiples Singapore (SIN) 23:55 Toronto (YYZ) 18:21 30:26 Múltiples Ejecutiva
SQ26 Singapore (SIN) 23:55 New York (JFK) 10:55 1 Ejecutiva
UA3873 Newark (EWR) 16:23 Toronto (YYZ) 18:21 0 Ejecuti
Old May 19, 2013, 5:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ENEAS2
Múltiples Aerolíneas Múltiples Singapore (SIN) 23:55 Toronto (YYZ) 18:21 30:26 Múltiples Ejecutiva
thx, I have to confirm with my brother. Thanks again
Old May 19, 2013, 8:20 am

Programs: SQ, UA, Delta, BMI(RIP), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond (Thanks Amex) Hyatt Discov
Confirmed phantom
Old May 20, 2013, 3:01 am
Original Poster

ENEAS2: Let me first just say THANK YOU, I called El Salvador and they manually did my reservation.

BOG-MAD-CAI-JNB-CPT 11-DEC

One thing though is they told me that I might not be able to actually redeem it (they didnt have a Supervisor there to check) because it was a one way (last I checked one way was possible). I have the reservation code and need to call in tomorrow to actually redeem it. Have they told you this before? Have you had any problems with this?
Old May 20, 2013, 7:40 am

Originally Posted by SingaporeDon
I don't think you can. But it is easy to transfer/credit a mile or two to ANA
Sure you can. I should link to where this was originally posted, but would take me forever to find it, so here it is briefly: as soon as you log in, do an "ANA International" dummy search for any ANA-operated award, such as TYO-ICN. When you get the results page, scroll to the bottom and now the "Use Star Alliance Member Airlines" button will be active even if you have 0 points. Click it and do your real award searching.
Old May 20, 2013, 12:36 pm

Programs: BA IHG
Hello. Just tried and it worked from MUC to JNB via FRA on May 29th LH123 with connection in FRA LH572 (FRA-JNB)
I wonder if these agents could book to cities which aren't shown in the online tool with the manual option - like many SAA cities (eg DUR)... ?
Old May 20, 2013, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by zbenye
Sure you can. I should link to where this was originally posted, but would take me forever to find it, so here it is briefly: as soon as you log in, do an "ANA International" dummy search for any ANA-operated award, such as TYO-ICN. When you get the results page, scroll to the bottom and now the "Use Star Alliance Member Airlines" button will be active even if you have 0 points. Click it and do your real award searching.
So if the ANA availability shows available the lifemiles agent should be able to book that same itinerary?
Old May 20, 2013, 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by juajar
ENEAS2: Let me first just say THANK YOU, I called El Salvador and they manually did my reservation.

BOG-MAD-CAI-JNB-CPT 11-DEC

One thing though is they told me that I might not be able to actually redeem it (they didnt have a Supervisor there to check) because it was a one way (last I checked one way was possible). I have the reservation code and need to call in tomorrow to actually redeem it. Have they told you this before? Have you had any problems with this?

JuaJar: Hello and congrats. You got lucky !!!. Now, yes is the answer. I had a SJO-JFK-LHR-SIN reserved and the Supervisor decided it was a no-go because overall flying time and layovers exceeded 48hrs... (I guess a new rule) I hope you get your reservation taken care of and reserved perfectly. Happy Flying.
One Tip, though: If you start your journey in PTY you will save 10K miles (and buying a OW Bog-Pty is about $300 in C Class...)
Old May 20, 2013, 4:18 pm

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
JuaJar: Hello and congrats. You got lucky !!!. Now, yes is the answer. I had a SJO-JFK-LHR-SIN reserved and the Supervisor decided it was a no-go because overall flying time and layovers exceeded 48hrs... (I guess a new rule) I hope you get your reservation taken care of and reserved perfectly. Happy Flying.
One Tip, though: If you start your journey in PTY you will save 10K miles (and buying a OW Bog-Pty is about $300 in C Class...)
Wait, you've booked flights with stops exceeding 24 hours before?
Old May 20, 2013, 10:56 pm

Originally Posted by SilverChris
Wait, you've booked flights with stops exceeding 24 hours before?
Hello. No, no stopover was to exceed 24hrs and the overall trip should not exceed 48 altogether. I was doing some 70+ hours altogether.
Old May 21, 2013, 5:17 am

Programs: SQ, UA, Delta, BMI(RIP), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond (Thanks Amex) Hyatt Discov
Hello. No, no stopover was to exceed 24hrs and the overall trip should not exceed 48 altogether. I was doing some 70+ hours altogether.
Overall trip should not exceed 48 hours must be an unwritten new rule. But come to think of it, with most itineraries allowing <24 hour stops, I guess it would be difficult to have a single trip exceed 48 hours, unless you had two or three very lengthy stops
Old May 21, 2013, 5:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SingaporeDon
Overall trip should not exceed 48 hours must be an unwritten new rule. But come to think of it, with most itineraries allowing <24 hour stops, I guess it would be difficult to have a single trip exceed 48 hours, unless you had two or three very lengthy stops
48 hours means to get from point A to B not from point A to B and back to A. It takes me usually about 23 hours to get to Singapore from YYZ, so why would I opt for an itinerary that will take me twice the time to get there, the airline is right.
Old May 21, 2013, 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by djjaguar64
48 hours means to get from point A to B not from point A to B and back to A. It takes me usually about 23 hours to get to Singapore from YYZ, so why would I opt for an itinerary that will take me twice the time to get there, the airline is right.
I know. But technically you could go YYZ - SFO - LAX- NRT- SIN and have long but <24 hour stops in each of SFO, LAX and NRT and the OW trip could still come up to over 48 hours

I know most people would not want to do such a trip, but the point I am making is that if LM has a "whole OW trip must be finished in 48 hours rule" they have not published it or made it known to LM members
Old May 22, 2013, 3:26 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Since the OP is about I on LH:
Had a jaw dropping moment yesterday, my colleague secured 4 I award seats on DEL-FRA-ATL on LH on the 29th of October using LMs online booking engine ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.