Search

Award Chart Changes May 2013

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2013, 1:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Most
Award Chart Changes May 2013

LifeMiles has a new award chart up on their website. The number of miles goes up by 5K to 50K miles per RT on some routes.

I have the old award chart, the new award chart and chart that shows the change up here.
Old May 15, 2013, 1:40 am

They must think themselves clever for putting these through right after the Freddies, hoping it'll long be forgotten for next year.

I am glad they finally made the chart easier to read by getting rid of the oft-internally inconsistent redemption rates.
Old May 15, 2013, 2:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by Coolers
They must think themselves clever for putting these through right after the Freddies, hoping it'll long be forgotten for next year.

I am glad they finally made the chart easier to read by getting rid of the oft-internally inconsistent redemption rates.
Easier to read yes, but I don't like unannounced changes only two weeks after their latest miles sale.
Old May 15, 2013, 4:20 am

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
John you're eagle eyed as usual.
Are you using changedetection?

I completely expected a devaluation or increase in purchase price of the miles since the SQ thing was outed on boardingarea. But it's equally annoying as hell that they won't make an announcement about it.
Old May 15, 2013, 4:43 am

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
Seems they havent updated the booking system yet?
Perhaps this is their way of announcing the changes.
Old May 15, 2013, 4:49 am

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Thankfully this isn't an AC style devaluation, and fuel surcharges are still non existent.

Still, a bummer for me since South Asia is one of the most affected zones
Old May 15, 2013, 6:37 am

Programs: LH SEN, SPG Gold, HH Diamond
This was imminent after winning some Freddie Award. But I guess people were overwhelmed with excitement and voted although that wasn't in their best interest...
Old May 15, 2013, 7:00 am

Programs: QFF NB, AA GLD
For those wanting to see the *A Award chart on the lifemiles website - this is the link https://www.lifemiles.com/eng/inc/starredawards.aspx

(I have no idea how to navigate to it from the lifemiles.com homepage)
Old May 15, 2013, 12:14 pm
formerly sahiljain22

Programs: Amex Plat; HH Diamond; SPG Plat; Hyatt Diamond; United 1K; National EE; HSBC Premier
Another post about it:
http://boardingarea.com/blogs/onemil...dvance-notice/
Old May 15, 2013, 3:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Lifemiles award inflation... Again

Is it just me or did anyone else notice the N Asia-S Asia rate went up from 45K to 70K in J and the N Asia-N Asia (and S) went up from 35K to 55K?
This was my biggest use of the program-using miles for a few tickets (HND-TSA, HND-SIN, NRT-CGK, RGN-PVG, ICN-KUL, HKG-SIN, TPE-BKK are included in my redemptions, not all necessarily flown by me, all in I)
EU-Middle East also seems to have gone up.
At least tell people if you're going to increase prices...
Old May 15, 2013, 4:12 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Under this suddenly changed award chart, business class award travel from most of the EU to India requires nearly double the miles that AA requires for the same. Ouch!
Old May 15, 2013, 4:59 pm

Slippery slope people! Especially after the freddies.
Old May 15, 2013, 5:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Under this suddenly changed award chart, business class award travel from most of the EU to India requires nearly double the miles that AA requires for the same. Ouch!
I don't think mileage from Singapore to Canada changed for J travel.
Old May 15, 2013, 7:18 pm

Programs: M&M, FB, DL, BA, UA...
Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
Is it just me or did anyone else notice the N Asia-S Asia rate went up from 45K to 70K in J and the N Asia-N Asia (and S) went up from 35K to 55K?
This was my biggest use of the program-using miles for a few tickets (HND-TSA, HND-SIN, NRT-CGK, RGN-PVG, ICN-KUL, HKG-SIN, TPE-BKK are included in my redemptions, not all necessarily flown by me, all in I)
EU-Middle East also seems to have gone up.
At least tell people if you're going to increase prices...
The booking engine doesn't seem to have been completely updated. Just booked NRT-SIN in SQ C at 50k
Old May 15, 2013, 8:05 pm

Originally Posted by cardesigner2000
The booking engine doesn't seem to have been completely updated. Just booked NRT-SIN in SQ C at 50k
Hopefully it'll be like the T&C for buying miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.