LifeMiles for Award Travel

Old Apr 25, 2013, 11:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AMEX Platinum; SPG Gold; UA Prem Exec; Hilton Gold
LifeMiles for Award Travel

Not sure if this was a one-time thing, or ongoing LM glitch. I redeemed 60,000 United miles for first class (2-class) roundtrip award travel between SFO and MGA. I joined LM in anticipation of the upcoming miles promotion.

After each flight, I was notified that I had received Life Miles and a 100% bonus, both of which count toward elite status. So now I have over 10,000 miles on TACA metal, and considering going for *Gold. Again, don't know if this was a one-off or systemic, but nice to get 10,000 miles back off an award ticket.
Old Apr 26, 2013, 1:11 am

Programs: A3*G, QF PLATINUM, BA GOLD, VA GOLD, HH DIAMOND
Most people , when they receive an unexpected bonus like this that they were not entitled to, would not go ahead and publish a post in a public forum. Most would just be quietly happy.
Old Apr 26, 2013, 3:03 am

I've read in a few forums about this when flying on AV metal, as the OP suggests.

I would agree with the second post that discretion is wise in some cases. I've heard of a few programs doing this and I never knew until it was over.
Old Apr 26, 2013, 4:15 pm

Programs: AS MVP, A3*S
www.flyerdonttalk.com
Old Apr 28, 2013, 11:01 am

Originally Posted by FlyerDad
Not sure if this was a one-time thing, or ongoing LM glitch. I redeemed 60,000 United miles for first class (2-class) roundtrip award travel between SFO and MGA. I joined LM in anticipation of the upcoming miles promotion.

After each flight, I was notified that I had received Life Miles and a 100% bonus, both of which count toward elite status. So now I have over 10,000 miles on TACA metal, and considering going for *Gold. Again, don't know if this was a one-off or systemic, but nice to get 10,000 miles back off an award ticket.
I'll just try and credit an award ticket booked via LM to my account. Worst they can say is no.
Old Apr 28, 2013, 4:08 pm

Hi I have been trying to book my life miles for over 24 hours, i have tried online also over the phone, i complete all of the fields put my credit card details in (American Express) which has nothing on it as i do not owe anything at all when i complete the fields it says enter another Credit Card number, i then call life miles spend 30 minutes on the phone with them for them to say there is a error on their system, try in 1 hour 12 hours later it is still the same and my 1000% offer ends tomorrow anybody got any ideas thank you
Old Apr 28, 2013, 8:07 pm

Programs: A3*G, QF PLATINUM, BA GOLD, VA GOLD, HH DIAMOND
Originally Posted by H2DAUSTRALIA
Hi I have been trying to book my life miles for over 24 hours, i have tried online also over the phone, i complete all of the fields put my credit card details in (American Express) which has nothing on it as i do not owe anything at all when i complete the fields it says enter another Credit Card number, i then call life miles spend 30 minutes on the phone with them for them to say there is a error on their system, try in 1 hour 12 hours later it is still the same and my 1000% offer ends tomorrow anybody got any ideas thank you
please don't double post the exact same question in multiple threads.

There is a problem with AMEX, use a visa or mastercard. I have answered you already in the other thread.
Old Jul 16, 2014, 1:38 pm

When you say "Award Travel", does that just mean the use of LifeMiles to buy an airline ticket?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.