Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

Booking Infant Awards: Impressed with Avianca Call Center!

Old May 10, 2013, 6:03 am

Programs: SAS EBG, IHG Spire Amb, CCG
Originally Posted by erik123
Any good TA can ticket that. Or call the airline issuing the ticket (usually the longest leg).
The tickets that I've purchased through Lifemiles has been issued by TA
E-ticket number 202-#########9
Issuing Airline: TA
(All flights on Lufthansa Group carriers)

Does that mean that TACA or a travel agent has to issue an infant ticket, or can tha operating carrier also do it?

Thanks for all the info BTW!
Old May 10, 2013, 6:42 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
As the thread seems more about booking infant awards, the thread has been retitled for the convenience of other members seeking information on booking infant awards.

JDiver
senior moderator
Old May 10, 2013, 8:49 am

Originally Posted by chrisljo

Does that mean that TACA or a travel agent has to issue an infant ticket, or can tha operating carrier also do it?
I meant travel agent (TA) - Not TACA.
Old May 10, 2013, 4:02 pm

Programs: A3*G, QF PLATINUM, BA GOLD, VA GOLD, HH DIAMOND
E-ticket number 202-#########9
Issuing Airline: TA
(All flights on Lufthansa Group carriers)

Thanks for all the info BTW!
The operating carrier can do it and link with your adult passenger. You'll need to pay 10% of the applicable fare plus taxes.
Old May 10, 2013, 10:43 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Do you know what to do with multiple operating carriers?
What I do in such situations with multi-carrier itineraries using Lifemiles: deal with the first operating carrier on the itinerary by contacting the first operating carrier on the phone or in-person at the airport and get the ticket for the lap child infant issued for that segment and all other segments on the same itinerary.

I must say that there are some itineraries where an award ticket can be cheaper than a lap child infant ticket, something that must be considered from time to time.
Old May 22, 2013, 3:27 am

Programs: Darth Vader of AMEX, A ladys best friend of Hilton, Pt78 of SPG, *G ,*S, ANA VIP
infant

hi,

if you have tricky itans with LM. dont call avianca, but call the carrier, and only get for example the longhaul issued by the oper. carrier.

this way you willl save a couple of hundreds bucks. if LM does it, they always want to issue an infant ticket for the whole itan..

dp
Old May 22, 2013, 8:22 am

Programs: SAS EBG, IHG Spire Amb, CCG
Originally Posted by derpelikan
hi,

if you have tricky itans with LM. dont call avianca, but call the carrier, and only get for example the longhaul issued by the oper. carrier.

this way you willl save a couple of hundreds bucks. if LM does it, they always want to issue an infant ticket for the whole itan..

dp
Not sure I understand, don't you still need a ticket for the complete itenerary?
Old May 22, 2013, 5:13 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Not sure I understand, don't you still need a ticket for the complete itenerary?
No, not for the lap child infant. It is possible for an operating carrier to issue a lap child infant ticket for select portions of an adult passenger's itinerary. They may end up papering the lap-child infant ticket, but at least a bunch of Star Alliance carriers do have the ability to manually issue a lap-child infant ticket for a limited portion of an adult passenger's ticketed itinerary.

I had used some Lifemiles for award ticket itineraries with a couple flights operated by UA and another operated by a non-US carrier a few days ago. I had UA issue the lap-child infant ticket for just the UA portion of the trip.
Old Dec 20, 2013, 9:23 pm

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
For a booking that only has LH flights - I have heard that they don't charge infant fares to award tickets. Is that true?
Old Dec 21, 2013, 5:37 pm

Originally Posted by ulzimates
For a booking that only has LH flights - I have heard that they don't charge infant fares to award tickets. Is that true?
Not if you use Lifemiles. Only their own program.
Old Jan 10, 2014, 1:46 am

Is there any way to price the LH infant ticket then (short of calling LH)? Cos pricing it via the LH website only tells you the fuel surcharge.

I can confirm that the infant ticket prices accurately using SQ website. Also, it seems that the infant tickets are more expensive on flights with multiple carriers (I suppose as each leg is priced as separate one-ways)
Old Jan 12, 2014, 7:23 pm
soy

Programs: various
Originally Posted by straits38
Is there any way to price the LH infant ticket then (short of calling LH)? Cos pricing it via the LH website only tells you the fuel surcharge.

I can confirm that the infant ticket prices accurately using SQ website. Also, it seems that the infant tickets are more expensive on flights with multiple carriers (I suppose as each leg is priced as separate one-ways)
Some airlines charge YQ on infant fare, LX being an example. ITA is your best bet for pricing such a ticket, but you will still have to call in as Airlines vary on what basis they charge 10% - Full fare or actual booking class of the associated adult fare.
Old Jan 13, 2014, 7:41 am

Programs: United, AA, Avianca

How do they price the infant award? I know it's 10% of fare. But was it current published fare or the most expensive fare or.....?
Old Jan 14, 2014, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
My brother is trying to book for themselves and their 2 kids aged 2-11, will the kids require same amount of miles as adults?
Old Jan 14, 2014, 12:45 pm

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
My brother is trying to book for themselves and their 2 kids aged 2-11, will the kids require same amount of miles as adults?
Yes - award tickets don't usually come with child rates.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.