Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

LM Newbie Lounge: Ask your Questions Here (Flame Free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 21, 2014, 7:31 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite
Coronawiki (March 2020)
Does anyone know if Lifemiles will waive cancellation fees for an award ticket due to COVID-19 concerns?
Unfortunately, barring an outright flight cancellation, Lifemiles will not waive cancel fees.
Just pay the $200 as a "self caution fee". (nobody is actually preventing you the passenger from flying as you booked).
In the future, it would be wise to invest in travel insurance.
=====
Transferring Amex MR points will extend expiration of LM. Post #906 confirms this. Expiration date updates overnight, so wait 24 hours after the transferred miles have posted to LM.

LifeMiles' Star Alliance Award Chart

Cash & Miles redemptions: the price per mile purchased during award booking varies significantly depending on how many miles are purchased. The "sweet spots" are between 38% and 58% of the total mileage required, where miles are purchased for 1.5 cents. See here for some examples.

Beware of Cabotage: LifeMiles has been known to issue tickets that constitute Cabotage, and at least one instance of denied boarding has been reported, stranding the passenger. An example is travel on Avianca from LAX to SJU (via SAL/BOG). For additional information see the WIKI of this thread.

https://www.lifemiles.com/eng/abo/wnb/wnbtercond.aspx
Miles Expiration Policy valid from April 15th , 2018.
  1. Any miles accrual transaction in a member´s account in the Program extends the validity of the miles in the account of such member for a term of twelve (12) months from the date of such accrual of miles. Other transactions that may affect the balance of miles in a member’s account, including redemption transactions, will have no effect on them and will not extend the validity of the miles in such account. This general rule will have the following exceptions that extend the validity of such miles in the account of such member for twenty-four (24) months from the date of such accrual: (i) any accrual of miles in a member´s account with an Elite Status at the time of the accrual; (ii) any accrual of miles derived from a cobranded credit or debit cards under the LifeMiles brand.
  2. ......the following accrual activities do not extend the validity of the miles in the member´s account: 1) the birthday bonus or any other miles bonus that may be given by the LifeMiles Program and LifeMiles LTD so establishes.; 2) the migration of points or miles from other loyalty programs to the LifeMiles Program made as a consequence of the union of both loyalty programs or the migration of one member from another loyalty program to the LifeMiles Program; and 3) the merger of accounts of the LifeMiles Program, including those derived from a member´s duplicate accounts.
Print Wikipost

LM Newbie Lounge: Ask your Questions Here (Flame Free)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2014, 10:01 am

Anyone having trouble making award start alliance booking recently? The search engine keeps giving me error messages after I select the flight.
Old Apr 21, 2014, 12:31 pm

Programs: AA, AS, AV, B6, DL, F9, WN
How long does it normally take for flights to post to AV LM? The flights are on UA, AC and AV.

Thank you for your assistance.
Old May 5, 2014, 3:50 pm

so i checked for the flight that i wanted at the lifemiles site.
it shows as available. i had 0 miles in my account. i couldn’t get past the page that displays the routing and number of miles needed.
so i call their 800 number.
after much arguing w the rep, i give them the exact same routing. they tell me its not available. i’m like ...!
i see the routing available on UA site as well.
sfo-lax-tpe
i had them check lax-tpe separately as well.
i’d save a few thousand miles but is it worth risking it as i need to buy the miels and if the site still gives me errors i’m SOL.
Old May 5, 2014, 9:16 pm

Why are these reps so LJFDSKLFJSDKLFJSDKFLSDJ

HELLO i want a flight from sfo to tpe (with connection in lax). i try to tell him specific flights i found online, he ignores me.
guys goes to look
sorry sir i dont have the flight you want.
how about this go look for lax-tpe
he goes to look
ok sir i found it.
i go, can you addthe sfo segment.
his response, no i cant. why nottttttttttt!!?!?!?!

man these are the most incompetent CSrs i have ever met. makes UA reps look like superstars
Old May 5, 2014, 10:54 pm

Programs: A3*G, QF PLATINUM, BA GOLD, VA GOLD, HH DIAMOND
Originally Posted by kaiotes
Why are these reps so LJFDSKLFJSDKLFJSDKFLSDJ

HELLO i want a flight from sfo to tpe (with connection in lax). i try to tell him specific flights i found online, he ignores me.
guys goes to look
sorry sir i dont have the flight you want.
how about this go look for lax-tpe
he goes to look
ok sir i found it.
i go, can you addthe sfo segment.
his response, no i cant. why nottttttttttt!!?!?!?!

man these are the most incompetent CSrs i have ever met. makes UA reps look like superstars
It has been mentioned countless times that what you see online is what you can get on the phone and that's it.

no point getting upset with the telephone operators.
Old May 7, 2014, 2:34 am

Programs: TK Elite
Has anyone been successful in finding boomerang itineraries C2-C3-C2? I've found C3-C2-C3 but not the reverse. Also interested in C1-C6-C3

Thanks!
Old May 7, 2014, 1:25 pm

Programs: A3*G, QF PLATINUM, BA GOLD, VA GOLD, HH DIAMOND
Originally Posted by Wilko Pali Sedef
Has anyone been successful in finding boomerang itineraries C2-C3-C2? I've found C3-C2-C3 but not the reverse. Also interested in C1-C6-C3

Thanks!
Try the trick it thread
Old May 7, 2014, 3:37 pm

Programs: IC Amb :-(, UA silver, BA Gold, SPG Plat, A-Club Plat, Marriott Plat
Is there a list anywhere of which airlines have F product which is available for redemption via Lifemiles?

e.g. I understand SQ F is not available to LifeMiles - LX also?

is there a list anywhere explaining what classes are and are not available across all the star alliance members?

seems like good material for a WiKi

Last edited by catharsis; May 7, 2014 at 3:40 pm Reason: changed SkyMiles to LifeMiles
Old May 7, 2014, 5:07 pm

Programs: Flying: VA; Buying: AA, AS, AV, BA, UA!
Originally Posted by catharsis
Is there a list anywhere of which airlines have F product which is available for redemption via Lifemiles?

e.g. I understand SQ F is not available to LifeMiles - LX also?

is there a list anywhere explaining what classes are and are not available across all the star alliance members?

seems like good material for a WiKi
I don't think there needs to be a list, almost everything is available, you just need to note the exceptions.

Some SQ F is available, occasionally even suites. Most SQ F is not. My understanding is LX F is not available. Otherwise I can't immediately think of any other hard restrictions.

Then there are other issues...where ultimately things should be available but LifeMiles gets confused...so for example OS is almost completely unknown to LifeMiles as they can't get their head around the Austrian / Tyrolean subsidiary thing - therefore you can't book it. Plenty of subsidiary company problems...LH cityline etc. These are all discussed in various threads within the forum.
Old May 8, 2014, 12:17 am

I couldn't
the rep said he couldn't find it and offered me something completely different.
I talked to at least 3 diff reps

Originally Posted by Aussie_flyer
It has been mentioned countless times that what you see online is what you can get on the phone and that's it.

no point getting upset with the telephone operators.
Old May 8, 2014, 4:42 pm

Hello. Does anyone know if one can accrue LifeMiles' miles for flights flown on Air Canada Express (Sky Regional)? I have a flight coming up, and it's actually a UA codeshare. The fare class is P (on UA's reservation). Thank you!
Old May 9, 2014, 8:10 am

Does any one know if there's a way to bypass the annoying captcha request when searching for availability? It occurs after a while of searching and is highly frustrating,
Old May 9, 2014, 2:22 pm

Does any one know if there's a way to bypass the annoying captcha request when searching for availability? It occurs after a while of searching and is highly frustrating,
It occurs after 40 searches (every click on "Previous" and "Next" in the calendar also counts as a search). Some simple suggestions have already been posted several times in this forum.

I think that if you log off before you hit a CAPTCHA and then log back in in a fresh browser window, you will have another stretch of 40, and so on. But once you hit the CAPTCHA, logging off and on will no longer "reset" it and you'll have to wait a few hours. I haven't tested it too thoroughly so I could be wrong about this entire theory.

There's a complete bypass, the details of which have not been posted and I sure hope the resident techies have the good sense to neither post nor PM about it.
Old May 9, 2014, 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by Maayan

There's a complete bypass, the details of which have not been posted and I sure hope the resident techies have the good sense to neither post nor PM about it.
Thanks for the tips. Why would you mention this though if you won't share, that's teasing!
Old May 9, 2014, 3:08 pm

Thanks for the tips. Why would you mention this though if you won't share, that's teasing!
It can appear that way, but I just preferred to post a "plea" before something like that happens. Posting after it happens would be too late -- there would be only laments left. You know?

Hey, if you get a chance to test that theory of logging off/on just before hitting 40 - let us know!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.