Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

Lifemiles 100% promo - reactivated through 30 Sept 2014

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lifemiles 100% promo - reactivated through 30 Sept 2014

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2014, 7:08 am

Originally Posted by zolagola
Anyone tried the 2:1 promo in Brazil yet (as a non resident)?
changing the country will let you buy miles at 2:1
Old Mar 28, 2014, 4:02 pm

Programs: A3 *G, HH Diamond
Yes, seeing the bonus, just wondering if someone successfully tried it without a Brazilian CC
Old Mar 28, 2014, 9:44 pm
hsk

Programs: *A, OW, Hyatt, Marriott
Where are you guys seeing the 2:1 promotion? Any link?

My brother's Brazil based but his account shows nothing.

Thanks.

Last edited by hsk; Mar 28, 2014 at 9:50 pm
Old Mar 28, 2014, 11:37 pm

Programs: SQ, UA, Delta, BMI(RIP), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond (Thanks Amex) Hyatt Discov
Originally Posted by hsk
Where are you guys seeing the 2:1 promotion? Any link?

My brother's Brazil based but his account shows nothing.

Thanks.
Promotion already ended
Old Mar 29, 2014, 11:10 am
Suspended

Programs: RIP
Expecting a new one 1 Apr?
Old Mar 29, 2014, 4:25 pm

Programs: A3 *G, HH Diamond
I am still seeing the Brazilian 2x1 offer when logging on to the Buy Miles screen. Should be valid until 31mar...
Old Apr 1, 2014, 2:47 am

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Originally Posted by skaya
Expecting a new one 1 Apr?
There's at least a month's gap between promos. Next one should be no sooner than May.
Old Apr 6, 2014, 6:47 am

I was expecting the 2x1 promo for all countries to be in April, since the last one was in Dec. but I guess we have to wait a bit longer. Anyone got any previous experience about this?
Old Apr 6, 2014, 4:52 pm

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Originally Posted by fuyao
I was expecting the 2x1 promo for all countries to be in April, since the last one was in Dec. but I guess we have to wait a bit longer. Anyone got any previous experience about this?
They alternate between 2x1 purchase and double transfer promos. The previous promo was in March (transfer) so the next one will be in May at the earliest. They've never had promos over two consecutive months, IIRC.
Old May 4, 2014, 12:12 pm

Programs: AA EP, CM PP, AV GM, UA Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Accor Plat
I am not seeing an option to buy more miles at any price. The link "Need More Miles" takes me to a page that suggests I find a friend with whom I can do a transfer. Makes me wonder if there has been a change of strategy.

This seems like an odd move at the same time as they are touting their Freddie Award for having the best mileage purchase specials with their 2x1 promotions. OTOH, with Venezuela snatching $300,000 from them, their hand may be forced to the side of extreme caution.
Old May 4, 2014, 2:01 pm

Programs: SPG, A3, SQ, AA, AV, QT, VA, LH, EK
Originally Posted by KenInEscazu
I am not seeing an option to buy more miles at any price. The link "Need More Miles" takes me to a page that suggests I find a friend with whom I can do a transfer. Makes me wonder if there has been a change of strategy.

This seems like an odd move at the same time as they are touting their Freddie Award for having the best mileage purchase specials with their 2x1 promotions. OTOH, with Venezuela snatching $300,000 from them, their hand may be forced to the side of extreme caution.
Go to Earn > Buy Life Miles.
Old May 4, 2014, 2:34 pm

Programs: AA EP, CM PP, AV GM, UA Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by csidler
Go to Earn > Buy Life Miles.
Thanks! I'm sure I have been there before, but I just zoned out today.

I went there, and while the 2x1 Special Offer Bonus field is showing, it does not populate when the number of miles to be purchased are entered. Obviously May is not the month we've been waiting for.

Even at the bargain prices/mile with the 2x1 offer, however, I'm becoming hesitant to buy them. My primary use has always been between Costa Rica and Colombia, but since they eliminated the 1-stop flight via PTY, going through BOG is a major PITA.

Yesterday I flew MDE-BOG-SJO on AV, and my 11:21 am flight was changed to 10:43 am. With MDE being so far from the city, plus having to get my tax stamp and check my bags, I try to always arrive 2 hours early to insure no hiccups. I can't recall the 11:21 am flight ever leaving on time, though.

After a brutal week in MDE, getting no more than 5 hours sleep on any given night, I had to rise 45 minutes earlier than originally planned due to the schedule change. Sure enough, my flight was delayed. Fortunately they got me on a flight to BOG at 10:10 am, so I had plenty of time (Nearly 4 hours!) at BOG to make my connection.

With all the construction at BOG, there just aren't enough gates, so they are using pods serviced by miserably uncomfortable and overpacked buses. That's where I departed yesterday. So after arriving at the National Terminal, riding the bus to the International Terminal, hanging out in the VIP Club for hours (where they don't announce departures) and trekking through BOG to that departure position at the end to take another bus to my plane, I finally boarded my plane, only 40 minutes late for SJO (even though it continued to say "On Time" on the screens until I left the club and while I waited at the gate.

I flew Clase Negocios, but it sure didn't feel like a Clase Negocios experience. Some of it isn't their fault, and I applaud the effort to rebuild BOG into a state-of-the-art facility, but that doesn't make it any less painful in the meantime. It also doesn't excuse their apparent inability to keep a schedule.

I'll probably still use them for national (domestic) flights within Colombia with the miles I earn on my US Bank card, but after I burn the ecert I'm holding for the next 2x1 promotion, I think my days of buying Lifemiles are over. At least for a while.
Old May 4, 2014, 3:46 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
Maybe since UA and other * Alliance carriers are changing their award redemptions, Avianca will change the terms of promotions like this as well?

Because if you can redeem the same TATL awards from the US for 100k life miles while it's significantly more (both in number of miles and the cost per mile) on the actual * Alliance carriers on which you'd be redeeming those TATL awards, maybe the airlines involved will close that loophole sooner or later.
Old May 4, 2014, 7:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by wco81
Maybe since UA and other * Alliance carriers are changing their award redemptions, Avianca will change the terms of promotions like this as well?

Because if you can redeem the same TATL awards from the US for 100k life miles while it's significantly more (both in number of miles and the cost per mile) on the actual * Alliance carriers on which you'd be redeeming those TATL awards, maybe the airlines involved will close that loophole sooner or later.
or less than 100k miles in some instances
Old May 5, 2014, 3:00 am

promo is back! stop speculating !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.