Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

LM F and J routes (and the occasional trick-it)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2014, 5:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
NOTE: This thread has been superseded by the thread entitled LM F and J routes (and the occasional trick-it) Rebooted v2.0. Please follow the discussion there.

Region definitions
C1 North America
C1.5 Caribbean, Bermuda
C2 Europe
C2.5 Middle East
C3 Asia
C4 South America
C5 Africa
C6 Oceania

2X, 3X: in the context of this LifeMiles thread, 2X and 3X refer to any 2nd and 3rd legs of a one-way award ticket.

LifeMiles' Star Alliance Award Chart

Cash & Miles redemptions: buying the max (60%) isn't always the best deal (unless you're purchasing all miles right there). Check here for the best CPM.

Beware of Cabotage: LifeMiles has been known to issue tickets that constitute Cabotage, and at least one instance of denied boarding has been reported, stranding the passenger. An easily-seen example is travel on Copa from LAX to SJU (via PTY).
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2014, 11:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!

Oh it's definitely a FD. I don't want to fly economy that long, no matter how good the price, unless the mileage earned is extremely valuable. I'm spoiled (just got off a CX F flight). Plus, it doesn't credit well, and even then only to DL or some even worse program. If it credited to LM, though...
Old May 23, 2014, 3:02 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Lets stay on topic, please.

Regards Olievr2002
Senior Mod
Old May 23, 2014, 4:42 am

Programs: *A Gold, OW Emerald; IHG S, SPG P, HH D, HGP D, Accor P, Carlson G
No Kitty??

Leaving from northern neighbor's house and trying to visit candy animal. I really would like to have Kitty accompany me on the trip. She initially denied the existence of candy animal, but gave in after some "persuation". Still, couldn't make the trip happen. So, is Kitty actually banished from visiting candy animal?

Cheers
Old May 23, 2014, 5:24 am

Programs: *A Gold, HH dia,Hyatt plat,Sixt PLAT,QF , EY Gold
I think any pets need to be reported to the carrier but I don't think you would need a seat .
Old May 23, 2014, 6:10 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
US <> CA services need to be operated by a US or CA carrier.
Old May 23, 2014, 7:55 am

Originally Posted by Shanye2233
I think any pets need to be reported to the carrier but I don't think you would need a seat .
Antwort des Monats
Old May 23, 2014, 8:00 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Thanks for pointing that out, Oliver! However, aren't many of the "tricks" (especially the boomerangs) also in violation of the above rule? So LM is selectively enforcing certain rules on certain routes?
Old May 23, 2014, 8:12 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Well this is just plain wrong (unless you mean California).

Originally Posted by FrugalLuxury
Thanks for pointing that out, Oliver! However, aren't many of the "tricks" (especially the boomerangs) also in violation of the above rule? So LM is selectively enforcing certain rules on certain routes?
No there aren't. A vast majority of boomerangs do NOT violate any cabotage rules (LM shows those as sold out without even checking the inventory).

TBH, so much has been written on this in the past week or two and I don't think I'm the only who's getting a bit sick of the same question again and again. Please read back a few pages everything you need to know is precisely explained. If you wish to check a particular route, maybe start a new cabbage thread.
Old May 23, 2014, 8:30 am

United we Stand

Was able to confirm the Mumbai Local to Tokyo with the MTA local in the Big Apple as a pleasant surprise. Think might just stick to the MTA and skip Tokyo
Old May 23, 2014, 9:09 am

Originally Posted by scibuff

No there aren't. A vast majority of boomerangs do NOT violate any cabotage rules (LM shows those as sold out without even checking the inventory).
I was refering to the "Routes between countries A and B can only be served by carriers from A or B" comment earlier.

Thanks for your input, Scibuff!
Old May 23, 2014, 9:15 am

Programs: UA Silver; Marriott Gold; Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Abhinavt
Was able to confirm ...
Might a little coding be in order?

Last edited by abitlost; May 23, 2014 at 9:28 am
Old May 23, 2014, 9:27 am

Originally Posted by abitlost
Might a little coding be in order?
Yes, of course.
Old May 23, 2014, 10:13 am

To the people who have PMed me for the BOM local routing, I will be able to reply tomorrow only as apparently, have reached my PM limit for the day :-(
Old May 23, 2014, 10:34 am

Originally Posted by FrugalLuxury
I was refering to the "Routes between countries A and B can only be served by carriers from A or B" comment earlier.

Thanks for your input, Scibuff!
Well, that's the thing, routes between countries A and B can be served by anyone
Old May 23, 2014, 10:37 am

Originally Posted by scibuff
Well, that's the thing, routes between countries A and B can be served by anyone
Why do you even bother...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.