Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

LM F and J routes (and the occasional trick-it)

Old Jan 1, 2014, 5:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
NOTE: This thread has been superseded by the thread entitled LM F and J routes (and the occasional trick-it) Rebooted v2.0. Please follow the discussion there.

Region definitions
C1 North America
C1.5 Caribbean, Bermuda
C2 Europe
C2.5 Middle East
C3 Asia
C4 South America
C5 Africa
C6 Oceania

2X, 3X: in the context of this LifeMiles thread, 2X and 3X refer to any 2nd and 3rd legs of a one-way award ticket.

LifeMiles' Star Alliance Award Chart

Cash & Miles redemptions: buying the max (60%) isn't always the best deal (unless you're purchasing all miles right there). Check here for the best CPM.

Beware of Cabotage: LifeMiles has been known to issue tickets that constitute Cabotage, and at least one instance of denied boarding has been reported, stranding the passenger. An easily-seen example is travel on Copa from LAX to SJU (via PTY).
Print Wikipost

LM F and J routes (and the occasional trick-it)

Old Apr 20, 2014, 6:21 am

Originally Posted by FlyingLasse
Go a few pages back. Look on the web You can find loads of stuff that has been published and that is still working.
I did
All I could find were just other people using these terms without any context as well. Now people are referencing some bloody chainsaw....
Could someone point me in the right direction?
Old Apr 20, 2014, 7:33 am

Programs: Pascal and Python, no C++
Originally Posted by FlyingLasse
I ran my script until next year. Nothing.
I still can not tell why you can still connect chainsaw and gummybear and get results. Or Chainsaw and another tricked C1 Airport in C3.
I did a lot of tests recently, and it's totally irregular - as most things in LM are ;-)

Obviously nobody at Lifemiles really cares about the chainsaw or the gummybear, because otherwise it would have been very easy to rezone them.

No, there is some sort of new filtering happening either on LM or on *A side (or both) that makes a lot of routes from, to or through C1 hubs disappear. Or someone massively throttles availability, which - together with the already thin availability on those routes - makes them seem non-existent.

But flights to and from our favourite airports to other unexpected airports work.... Yet simple, straight flights that should have tons of availability every day, e.g. EWR-IAH fail, too....

And, as I said, it seems to be a C1 problem, if anybody sees a similar behavior on other continents, I'd be interested to know.
Old Apr 20, 2014, 4:00 pm

Programs: LH FTL, PC Plat,Hilton Gold
Looks like there is a new C1 - C2 F connection for 35 k miles, you can find it on august 31. Forget LH.
Old Apr 20, 2014, 8:31 pm

Speaking of LH... is it just me or can I not see any more F more than T-14?
Old Apr 21, 2014, 12:08 am

Programs: SEN
Originally Posted by datsuzei
So how do people get around the Saudi visa requirement, or is that not necessary?
Originally Posted by edwardhewett
When I arrived at the departure airport I simply asked them to cancel the second leg
Really? I just returned from my trip using the same C2 - C3 trick. I got myself a "connecting" flight leaving the Kingdom within <8h so I was only transiting. No one wanted to see the ticket at check-in but they had to do a manual override in their system that asked for a Saudi visa.
At the gate I called and cancelled my connecting flight. Needless to say that this second ticket was not booked with lifemiles...
Old Apr 21, 2014, 7:36 am

Originally Posted by ulus
Looks like there is a new C1 - C2 F connection for 35 k miles, you can find it on august 31. Forget LH.
do we finally get to eat some cheese which got forbidden since january?!

Last edited by ctrlf; Apr 21, 2014 at 7:55 am
Old Apr 21, 2014, 8:09 am

Programs: SPG Plat 100, A3*G
Originally Posted by ulus
always errors out for me when I try to book it. Even for a o/w ticket. Phantom availability perhaps...
Old Apr 21, 2014, 9:27 am

Originally Posted by zagy
always errors out for me when I try to book it. Even for a o/w ticket. Phantom availability perhaps...
same here, but so do all sorts of other connections. Maybe another glitch in the Clockwork?
Old Apr 21, 2014, 9:30 am

Originally Posted by oberhammert
do we finally get to eat some cheese which got forbidden since january?!
no, but to be on the safe side I tried all recipes for cheese fondue, and they still don't compose unfortunately
Old Apr 21, 2014, 10:39 am

Let me get this right?

Chainsaw = Irish pub to statue of liberty and back to oktoberfest (for example)?
Gummybear = C1 to misplaced airport in C3?

And does these trick below have any name?
1. C3 via oktoberfest to C3 for "C3 miles". Works in C and F.
2. C2 to C2 via LG/Samsung.

These are the 3 tricks I know about. How many more are there?

Many of the tricks shows phantom though which is quite sad.
Sorry, There was problem while processing your transaction.

Last edited by LH630; Apr 21, 2014 at 10:46 am
Old Apr 21, 2014, 10:43 am

1 wrong.
2 wrongish
3 no
4 819 other ones.

No need to spell them all out next time

Originally Posted by LH630
Let me get this right?

Chainsaw = Irish pub to statue of liberty and back to oktoberfest (for example)?
Gummybear = C1 to misplaced airport in C3?

And does the trick below have any name?
C3 via oktoberfest to C3 for "C3 miles". Works in C and F.

These are the 3 tricks I know about. How many more are there?
Old Apr 21, 2014, 10:51 am

Originally Posted by citsfo
Many of the people on flyertalk are egoistic douches. There are a few nice people here that shares. I myself always share (in PM) when I find something but you hardly get anything back. Guess that's how the world works in 2014.

Did I really spell them out 'that bad'? I could have written out exact airport to be more specific.

So are there someone here that want's to share what gummybear and chainsaw is if non of these above?

Oh, I remember one more: C1 to C4 via C2.
Is that what you call chainsaw over here?

Last edited by LH630; Apr 21, 2014 at 10:56 am
Old Apr 21, 2014, 11:07 am

More like starving and waiting in line at chipotle.
Your ideas are all good though, just wrong names. Never said they didn't work
Old Apr 21, 2014, 11:15 am

More like starving and waiting in line at chipotle.
Your ideas are all good though, just wrong names. Never said they didn't work
Well, these are pretty much all 'tricks' I know about. I was just wondering if I knew about 10% or 50% or 90% of the tricks available to get an estimate on how many tricks I don't know about if you understand.

There are at least three tricks that I don't know about that are written in this thread.

First that guy who wrote C1 to C2 in F for 35k miles and then also something called the Saudi trick and then the gummybear trick whatever that is.
Old Apr 21, 2014, 11:15 am

Programs: *G at A3,TK;M&M,LM; IHG RA, AB Plat.
Why did you make a full qoute?

Originally Posted by LH630
I could have written out exact airport to be more specific.
It would not be nice to see these tricks in full text in other forums/pirates/... so better be not too exact.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.