Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

Lifemiles serious booking problems - Beware (old legacy thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 17, 2013, 12:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite
Please do your homework before buying Lifemiles. It is what it is... for some that's useful, for others it's not.

Biggest complaints are about
- mixed class bookings are available but now many of the suitable connections dont show
- not being able to book anything that isn't available online (there are work-arounds, see screenshot method below)
- the quality of the call center (English speaking agents are scarce, you might get thrown in a loop with call transfers within their call center)
- no stopovers (>24H) or open jaws, but you can book one way awards
- no reservations on Certain subsidiaries of Star Alliance carriers (Lufthansa Cityline, Germanwings)

Problems with ticketing / lack of confirmation screen or email
- write down the confirmation number shown on the screen after confirming your purchase.
check here: http://serviciosenlinea.avianca.com/...doReserva.aspx

Sometimes, even if you cannot see the PNR, the record may have been created, so better to call them and give them flight details you were trying to book. They can find the PNR from those details.
- ticketing usually takes place within 10-15 min of booking
- but it may also take up to 2 days
- if miles have been deducted from your account and a temporary authorization has been placed on your CC, you're probably fine even if you did not see a confirmation screen
- if no e-ticket number is visible on checkmytrip.com after two days, you should contact LifeMiles. You can expedite the ticketing by emailing with your booking reference to: [email protected] after you have booked, especially if you have booked last minute flights, and need ticketing straight away

Screenshot method.
So, on a date you are looking for in the future, there is availability for LAX-NRT and NRT-BKK. But not LAX-NRT-BKK.
It may be a case of the LM system not offering the through connection.

Take three screen shots - two 'available' screen shots for LAX-NRT and NRT-BKK and the 'not available' screen for LAX-BKK.
Send them all off with a scan of your passport page (PDF) and LM will make the booking manually for you.

Send to these two email addresses, and CC yourself (just for your records)
[email protected]
[email protected]

Sample email:
====
Email topic: Urgent request for booking Lifemiles Award
====
Dear Sirs,

I have tried several times, over several days, but the following itinerary does not show on the website.
Please see the three attached screenshots I took just now.
Please do the manual booking First Class/Business class for xx,000 miles. (*Know how many miles the whole award should cost-here, to avoid surprises once ticketed)

The availability is only 1 seat for this date, so please process this request urgently before it is gone.

Los Angeles (LAX) - Bangkok (BKK)
Saturday August 11th 2018
NH 175 connecting to NH 807
(*Provide the specific flight numbers you want, to avoid surprises once ticketed)

My passport copy (Number xxxx, expiry 20xx/xx/xx, Nationality xxx) is attached in this email.

LifeMiles Number: xxx
First Name: xxx
Last name: xxx
Date of Birth: Month, date, year
Email: xxxx
Phone Number: +1-xxxx

Regards,
XXX
=========
Print Wikipost

Lifemiles serious booking problems - Beware (old legacy thread)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2014, 4:27 pm

Programs: UA, QF, VS, AA, US, HH, SPG
RTW1 and wheresmybagba - thanks for that info - I won't bother to follow up with LM. My 2 AC bookings look OK on the AC website but AFAIK there is no way to look up a booking on the LM site itself - thank goodness for checkmytrip.com which provides all the salient info.
Old Mar 5, 2014, 5:37 pm

Programs: Flying: VA; Buying: AA, AS, AV, BA, UA!
Originally Posted by pschafer
RTW1 and wheresmybagba - thanks for that info - I won't bother to follow up with LM. My 2 AC bookings look OK on the AC website but AFAIK there is no way to look up a booking on the LM site itself - thank goodness for checkmytrip.com which provides all the salient info.
You can look up from the Avianca website...and get a different branded CMT!

http://www.avianca.com/en-otr/electr...et-status.aspx

('First last name' = last name!)
Old Mar 5, 2014, 7:39 pm

Programs: UA, QF, VS, AA, US, HH, SPG
Ah thanks, I'm finally getting the hang of this program.
Old Mar 6, 2014, 12:30 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

And there's always the airlines webpage to check the status of your PNR. Sometimes that's even better than checkmytrip.

For instance when I was waiting for a SQ trip to ticket, checkmytrip showed everything as confirmed while the SQ website clearly showed that it was still waiting to be ticketed.
Old Mar 6, 2014, 1:04 am

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
The booking engine seems to be down. I haven't been able to search for anything for hours now.

Edit: It works if I search for one ways. Strange...

Last edited by SilverChris; Mar 6, 2014 at 1:13 am
Old Mar 6, 2014, 1:09 am

Programs: A3*G, QF PLATINUM, BA GOLD, VA GOLD, HH DIAMOND
Originally Posted by RTW1
And there's always the airlines webpage to check the status of your PNR. Sometimes that's even better than checkmytrip.

For instance when I was waiting for a SQ trip to ticket, checkmytrip showed everything as confirmed while the SQ website clearly showed that it was still waiting to be ticketed.
it's quite simple really - if checkmytrip displays the ticket numbers its ticketed. if it doesn't display the ticket numbers its not ticketed.
Old Mar 6, 2014, 3:56 am

Originally Posted by RTW1
I find the SQ website to be the inaccurate one. I've had a few bookings that didn't seem to pick up the ticket number, which meant I had to call to select seats and BTC.
Old Mar 18, 2014, 11:23 am

After submitting my payment for my ticket, the page spent a couple of minutes loading (and showed me a PNR number), and then finally timed out with some error (I think, I cant recall the exact words).

The miles have been debited from my LM account and the charges are temp. authorized on my CC. Does this mean the award ticket is ok? I have checked and there is no ticket number on check my trip and united's site says that the reservation is not ticketed. I still have no ticket number.

Does anyone know if I should do anything? Or just wait...? I'm afraid the tickets will get dropped by the airline.
Old Mar 18, 2014, 11:25 am

Also no confirmation email
Old Mar 18, 2014, 11:26 am

Actually just read this thread:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/avian...rd-ticket.html

seems like a common problem...I'll wait a couple ofdays :\
Old Mar 18, 2014, 1:46 pm

Programs: LH FTL, PC Plat,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by sajidg
Actually just read this thread:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/avian...rd-ticket.html

seems like a common problem...I'll wait a couple ofdays :\
Should be ok. Did you write down pnr ?
Old Mar 18, 2014, 4:37 pm

Thankfully yes. I'll give it a couple of days and cross my fingers (only been about 6 hours). I'm just afraid though, cause I have united flight in the reservation and when I check the flight it says the reservation will be held till midnight tonight unless ticketed.

ninja edit: 45 hours later they have been ticketed.

Last edited by sajidg; Mar 20, 2014 at 10:03 am Reason: update
Old Apr 6, 2014, 7:53 am

Only partially a Lifemiles problem (so far) - tried to log on to my booking on SingaporeAir.com. Booking was unavailable for viewing. Checked on CheckMyTrip.com and it seems the flight was cancelled and I was rebooked (but not ticketed) on the earlier flight. No contact from either SQ or Lifemiles to let me know.

After consulting an unhelpful SQ I have sent an email to Lifemiles advising them that I want a different flight than what SQ has (allegedly automatically) chosen. There is availability so hopefully it's a simple thing for them. I also told them to not charge change fees given it was SQ that cancelled the flight and rebooked without asking if it was a convenient flight to be on.

Last edited by Singapore_Air; Apr 6, 2014 at 7:59 am
Old Apr 7, 2014, 7:55 am

Originally Posted by Singapore_Air
Only partially a Lifemiles problem (so far) - tried to log on to my booking on SingaporeAir.com. Booking was unavailable for viewing. Checked on CheckMyTrip.com and it seems the flight was cancelled and I was rebooked (but not ticketed) on the earlier flight. No contact from either SQ or Lifemiles to let me know.

After consulting an unhelpful SQ I have sent an email to Lifemiles advising them that I want a different flight than what SQ has (allegedly automatically) chosen. There is availability so hopefully it's a simple thing for them. I also told them to not charge change fees given it was SQ that cancelled the flight and rebooked without asking if it was a convenient flight to be on.
Strange for SQ to cancel and rebook so soon. You sure it's not a schedule change/flight cancellation in the making?
Old Apr 7, 2014, 9:41 am

Unhappy

Originally Posted by SilverChris
Strange for SQ to cancel and rebook so soon. You sure it's not a schedule change/flight cancellation in the making?
The Lifemiles agent informed me yesterday (06 April) that the original flight was cancelled by SQ on 02 April.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.