Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

Lifemiles serious booking problems - Beware (old legacy thread)

Old Aug 17, 2013, 12:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite
Please do your homework before buying Lifemiles. It is what it is... for some that's useful, for others it's not.

Biggest complaints are about
- mixed class bookings are available but now many of the suitable connections dont show
- not being able to book anything that isn't available online (there are work-arounds, see screenshot method below)
- the quality of the call center (English speaking agents are scarce, you might get thrown in a loop with call transfers within their call center)
- no stopovers (>24H) or open jaws, but you can book one way awards
- no reservations on Certain subsidiaries of Star Alliance carriers (Lufthansa Cityline, Germanwings)

Problems with ticketing / lack of confirmation screen or email
- write down the confirmation number shown on the screen after confirming your purchase.
check here: http://serviciosenlinea.avianca.com/...doReserva.aspx

Sometimes, even if you cannot see the PNR, the record may have been created, so better to call them and give them flight details you were trying to book. They can find the PNR from those details.
- ticketing usually takes place within 10-15 min of booking
- but it may also take up to 2 days
- if miles have been deducted from your account and a temporary authorization has been placed on your CC, you're probably fine even if you did not see a confirmation screen
- if no e-ticket number is visible on checkmytrip.com after two days, you should contact LifeMiles. You can expedite the ticketing by emailing with your booking reference to: [email protected] after you have booked, especially if you have booked last minute flights, and need ticketing straight away

Screenshot method.
So, on a date you are looking for in the future, there is availability for LAX-NRT and NRT-BKK. But not LAX-NRT-BKK.
It may be a case of the LM system not offering the through connection.

Take three screen shots - two 'available' screen shots for LAX-NRT and NRT-BKK and the 'not available' screen for LAX-BKK.
Send them all off with a scan of your passport page (PDF) and LM will make the booking manually for you.

Send to these two email addresses, and CC yourself (just for your records)
[email protected]
[email protected]

Sample email:
====
Email topic: Urgent request for booking Lifemiles Award
====
Dear Sirs,

I have tried several times, over several days, but the following itinerary does not show on the website.
Please see the three attached screenshots I took just now.
Please do the manual booking First Class/Business class for xx,000 miles. (*Know how many miles the whole award should cost-here, to avoid surprises once ticketed)

The availability is only 1 seat for this date, so please process this request urgently before it is gone.

Los Angeles (LAX) - Bangkok (BKK)
Saturday August 11th 2018
NH 175 connecting to NH 807
(*Provide the specific flight numbers you want, to avoid surprises once ticketed)

My passport copy (Number xxxx, expiry 20xx/xx/xx, Nationality xxx) is attached in this email.

LifeMiles Number: xxx
First Name: xxx
Last name: xxx
Date of Birth: Month, date, year
Email: xxxx
Phone Number: +1-xxxx

Regards,
XXX
=========
Print Wikipost

Lifemiles serious booking problems - Beware (old legacy thread)

Old Apr 10, 2013, 11:41 pm

Originally Posted by BEAV
Update.....

I never could get PER-SFO in J to show up on LM despite wrangling with their call center about the fact ALL flights were available if viewed separately. So made lemonade out of lemons and booked SIN-SFO in J with LM on SQ earlier today. Figured it was an omen to book PER-SIN separately so as to enjoy the city for a day (and overnight) instead of merely connecting.

First attempt to book SIN-SFO in J on LM website got an error code when I got to the page to submit payment. Uh oh. Started over again this time without any problem. A few hours later called SQ to see if they had me in their system, which they did. Asked how long does LM have to ticket the booking before SQ cancels the space, they replied 72 hours (which I had figured). Called LM back, told them I know it often takes 5-7 days to ticket but that I had just spoken to SQ and they said ticket within 24 hours () or lose the space! LM Agent put me on hold, contacted the department handling ticketing and they did it while I was on the phone. I had email w/ticket numbers before ending the call w/LM.

So a good ending despite their whacko website......
You must be kidding me...
Old Apr 11, 2013, 2:00 am

Programs: A3*G, QF PLATINUM, BA GOLD, VA GOLD, HH DIAMOND
it's unlikely it would have taken 5 to 7 days to ticket had you just let it be.
Old Apr 11, 2013, 9:40 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Celebrity Cruises Elite Plus
Originally Posted by Aussie_flyer
it's unlikely it would have taken 5 to 7 days to ticket had you just let it be.
Quite possible. Was going by others who reported 5-7 days. Did not want to take any chances and lose that coveted SQ space. Wanted to just get it done and not have to monitor over the next few days.
Old Apr 11, 2013, 7:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Does Taca collect fuel-surcharge or airport taxes only when booking Star Alliance award travel?
Old Apr 11, 2013, 7:35 pm

Originally Posted by djjaguar64
Does Taca collect fuel-surcharge or airport taxes only when booking Star Alliance award travel?
No fuel surcharges. Just standard taxes and a $25 award processing fee when you're not travelling exclusively on AviancaTaca.
Old Apr 11, 2013, 7:37 pm

Programs: VA Plat, QF LTS, UA MM, Hilton Diamond, Rydges Black, ,Le-Club Gold
Originally Posted by BEAV
Update.....

I never could get PER-SFO in J to show up on LM despite wrangling with their call center about the fact ALL flights were available if viewed separately.
Just booked PER-xSIN-LAX and LAX-xSIN-PER in C on with the SIN-LAX on the all-biz SQ flight, AV seems to see availability on this where UA and others can't.

Also looked at PER-SFO in C, got an option of PER-SIN-SFO again showing an SQ award sector not visible to UA

And Lifemiles was seeing C seats on SQ's SIN-JFK where UA and the ANA tool did not. But could never get it to offer PER-xSIN-JFK maybe cos SIN-JFK goes around the long way via FRA.

But in all cases the results were blank anytime there was more than about 4 hours layover in SIN, between PER-SIN and SIN-somewhere.
Old Apr 13, 2013, 2:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
no matter what route i try, i keep getting the same error message:

Sorry, There was problem while processing your transaction.
Please try again.

If the problem persists or you need additional information please contact LifeMiles Support.
have been trying for 4 days now....
Old Apr 13, 2013, 3:35 am

Programs: LH SEN, NZ , Lifemiles, BA
deleted

Last edited by flyswiss88; Apr 13, 2013 at 7:14 am
Old Apr 13, 2013, 3:57 am

Programs: LH SEN, NZ , Lifemiles, BA
deleted

Last edited by flyswiss88; Apr 13, 2013 at 7:14 am
Old Apr 13, 2013, 4:31 am

Programs: SQ, UA, Delta, BMI(RIP), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond (Thanks Amex) Hyatt Discov
Originally Posted by yerffej201
You must be kidding me...
Time to put this information on your boardingarea.com blog, yerffej201/Canadian Kilometer, come on, hurry!!!

Last edited by SingaporeDon; Apr 13, 2013 at 5:14 am
Old Apr 13, 2013, 5:13 am

Programs: AY Gold, A3 Gold, UA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Angry

I cannot ticket any award for the last 3 days... keep getting this message:

Sorry, There was problem while processing your transaction.
Please try again.If the problem persists or you need additional information please contact LifeMiles Support.

before paying for taxes and fees...
Old Apr 14, 2013, 6:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Question rules for award bookings

Are the rules for award itineraries posted any where on their website. I would like to book YYZ-FRA(stopover more than 24 hours) -SIN(final destination)?
Old Apr 14, 2013, 8:48 am

Programs: SQ, UA, Delta, BMI(RIP), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond (Thanks Amex) Hyatt Discov
Are the rules for award itineraries posted any where on their website. I would like to book YYZ-FRA(stopover more than 24 hours) -SIN(final destination)?
No clear rules posted on their website, but conventional wisdom is that overnight connections not allowed. The website is quirky, so you cant really search for a real multi-leg itinerary, so over 24 hour stop in FRA would be difficult to manage
Old Apr 14, 2013, 11:25 am

Well that would be two awards on their site as it would be YYZ-FRA, FRA-SIN. Engine will not allow stopovers and will not allow long layovers (even less than overnights) either.
Old Apr 14, 2013, 12:00 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, SPG PLT
Air China

If you manage to book a reward ticket on Air China, it would be a good idea to call them and confirm your reservation.

There seems to be a disconnect during ticketing between TA and CA or it just could a time of booking issue?

I made a booking yesterday and when contacting Air China, they said my passport information and ticket number is missing from the reservation. This has also happened to my girlfriend a couple of months ago but it was never an issue in the past.

I have contacted LM.com support but I think it might have to do with time of issuing. When I booked for my girlfriend, there was only a difference of one date between the date the ticket was issued and the flight date. For yesterday's booking, it was about 12hrs later but still it would be a good idea to call and confirm.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.