Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

Lifemiles serious booking problems - Beware (old legacy thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 17, 2013, 12:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite
Please do your homework before buying Lifemiles. It is what it is... for some that's useful, for others it's not.

Biggest complaints are about
- mixed class bookings are available but now many of the suitable connections dont show
- not being able to book anything that isn't available online (there are work-arounds, see screenshot method below)
- the quality of the call center (English speaking agents are scarce, you might get thrown in a loop with call transfers within their call center)
- no stopovers (>24H) or open jaws, but you can book one way awards
- no reservations on Certain subsidiaries of Star Alliance carriers (Lufthansa Cityline, Germanwings)

Problems with ticketing / lack of confirmation screen or email
- write down the confirmation number shown on the screen after confirming your purchase.
check here: http://serviciosenlinea.avianca.com/...doReserva.aspx

Sometimes, even if you cannot see the PNR, the record may have been created, so better to call them and give them flight details you were trying to book. They can find the PNR from those details.
- ticketing usually takes place within 10-15 min of booking
- but it may also take up to 2 days
- if miles have been deducted from your account and a temporary authorization has been placed on your CC, you're probably fine even if you did not see a confirmation screen
- if no e-ticket number is visible on checkmytrip.com after two days, you should contact LifeMiles. You can expedite the ticketing by emailing with your booking reference to: [email protected] after you have booked, especially if you have booked last minute flights, and need ticketing straight away

Screenshot method.
So, on a date you are looking for in the future, there is availability for LAX-NRT and NRT-BKK. But not LAX-NRT-BKK.
It may be a case of the LM system not offering the through connection.

Take three screen shots - two 'available' screen shots for LAX-NRT and NRT-BKK and the 'not available' screen for LAX-BKK.
Send them all off with a scan of your passport page (PDF) and LM will make the booking manually for you.

Send to these two email addresses, and CC yourself (just for your records)
[email protected]
[email protected]

Sample email:
====
Email topic: Urgent request for booking Lifemiles Award
====
Dear Sirs,

I have tried several times, over several days, but the following itinerary does not show on the website.
Please see the three attached screenshots I took just now.
Please do the manual booking First Class/Business class for xx,000 miles. (*Know how many miles the whole award should cost-here, to avoid surprises once ticketed)

The availability is only 1 seat for this date, so please process this request urgently before it is gone.

Los Angeles (LAX) - Bangkok (BKK)
Saturday August 11th 2018
NH 175 connecting to NH 807
(*Provide the specific flight numbers you want, to avoid surprises once ticketed)

My passport copy (Number xxxx, expiry 20xx/xx/xx, Nationality xxx) is attached in this email.

LifeMiles Number: xxx
First Name: xxx
Last name: xxx
Date of Birth: Month, date, year
Email: xxxx
Phone Number: +1-xxxx

Regards,
XXX
=========
Print Wikipost

Lifemiles serious booking problems - Beware (old legacy thread)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2015, 11:28 pm

LX reward booking

I was trying to make a reward booking from BOM to ATH on LX thru the lifemiles website. This booking was for 6 pax. The payment did not go through after going through the whole process of filling in the names etc. I even confirmed it with the lifemiles agent that the payment did not go through. He told me to go back online and do the reservation again. But when i go online i cannot see those seat again on that date. Will it take some time for the seats to come back up. Will they ever come back up? Or i need to pressureise the lifemiles agent to get me those seats any how. Or if anyone knows how long does it take for them to come back up as it has been around 10hours already. All my further bookings have been done according to these dates.
Please help!!!
Old Mar 25, 2015, 12:52 am

Wait and see.

We can't help you. "Pressureising" the lifemiles agent won't help you either, unfortunately. They have no control over the inventory.
Old Mar 25, 2015, 12:55 am

Programs: QF gold, HH Diamond, VA plat, Aegean Gold
Originally Posted by Kapil Ashok Pahilwani
I was trying to make a reward booking from BOM to ATH on LX thru the lifemiles website. This booking was for 6 pax. The payment did not go through after going through the whole process of filling in the names etc. I even confirmed it with the lifemiles agent that the payment did not go through. He told me to go back online and do the reservation again. But when i go online i cannot see those seat again on that date. Will it take some time for the seats to come back up. Will they ever come back up? Or i need to pressureise the lifemiles agent to get me those seats any how. Or if anyone knows how long does it take for them to come back up as it has been around 10hours already. All my further bookings have been done according to these dates.
Please help!!!
I would ring LX and see if there are any reward seats avaible - 6 seems very unlikely so I think you were finding out that there is not 6 seats.
Old Mar 25, 2015, 6:26 am

Programs: Pascal and Python, no C++
Originally Posted by Kapil Ashok Pahilwani
Please help!!!
And Kamil, you are new here. One of the simple rules is, don't ask the same question in more than one forum/thread. Most of us cross-read and, well, don't like to see the same thing twice.
Old Mar 25, 2015, 9:57 am

Originally Posted by WolfvanWeen
And Kamil, you are new here. One of the simple rules is, don't ask the same question in more than one forum/thread. Most of us cross-read and, well, don't like to see the same thing twice.
Sorry @WolfvanWeen will keep that in mind
Old Mar 25, 2015, 10:05 am

Originally Posted by wtcmor
I would ring LX and see if there are any reward seats avaible - 6 seems very unlikely so I think you were finding out that there is not 6 seats.
I could find 4 seats for the same flights on m&m online
Old Apr 3, 2015, 1:22 am

What has the availability on M&M to do what partner can see/book?
Old May 6, 2015, 10:17 am

Programs: BA,Amex,Hilton,Hyatt,SPG
Originally Posted by KRS
Has anyone been able to book Air China lately?

Every itinerary I have tried clicking through on which involves CA gives my the "There has been an error processing your request" or similar
I always get the same message (for longhaul flights) for the last weeks.

Does anybody know, what´s going on?
Old May 7, 2015, 12:29 pm

Programs: BA,Amex,Hilton,Hyatt,SPG
Originally Posted by Dennis

Anybody???
Old May 9, 2015, 8:49 am

Programs: SQ, UA, Delta, BMI(RIP), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond (Thanks Amex) Hyatt Discov
Originally Posted by Dennis

Last time I had the same problem with AI, I called Lifemiles and they found the booking and ticketed it on the phone
Old May 9, 2015, 12:27 pm

individual flts open space = direct none

looking for a routing where I find None direct Routing space. However checking the individual flight legs, availibility is shown. E Mail to LM Support with the advise to send all the Details to do the Manual booking. They came back w/in 12 hours reaction that one leg does not show availability any longer. Checked it again and could book this segment, but of course wont as it would cost addnl miles. Carrier I am talking is SQ and as said availability is THERE!!!An idea to get LM to book it?
Old May 9, 2015, 3:24 pm

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
Originally Posted by kanada99
looking for a routing where I find None direct Routing space. However checking the individual flight legs, availibility is shown. E Mail to LM Support with the advise to send all the Details to do the Manual booking. They came back w/in 12 hours reaction that one leg does not show availability any longer. Checked it again and could book this segment, but of course wont as it would cost addnl miles. Carrier I am talking is SQ and as said availability is THERE!!!An idea to get LM to book it?
Sounds like married segments....

Good possible that you will get available flights AAA-BBB and BBB-CCC but if you want to book AAA-CCC via BBB SQ will not offer you those seats... Google for more infomation about!
Old May 10, 2015, 2:15 am

Originally Posted by Air Rarotonga
Sounds like married segments....

Good possible that you will get available flights AAA-BBB and BBB-CCC but if you want to book AAA-CCC via BBB SQ will not offer you those seats... Google for more infomation about!
and LM wont be able to book manually?
Old May 10, 2015, 4:45 am

Google for married segments.
And yes they will not book it manually.
Old May 10, 2015, 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by MultiFlyer
Google for married segments.
And yes they will not book it manually.
Any idea how to identify married segments in advance?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.