FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/avianca-lifemiles-amigo-716/)
-   -   250 bonus miles for e-store purchases in October 2012 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/avianca-lifemiles-amigo/1396950-250-bonus-miles-e-store-purchases-october-2012-a.html)

milehighclubnz Oct 12, 2012 7:19 pm

250 bonus miles for e-store purchases in October 2012

Just received the October e-statement (in English), one of the offers was 250 miles for each purchase. The original text:

" Dear milehighclubnz,

Did you know that you could earn miles when you shop through our e-Store?

You have more than 700 online stores in the United States where you can earn miles per dollar spent, and during October, 2012, you will receive 250 bonus miles for each purchase.

Join LifeMiles e-Store and discover all the stores where you can earn miles! Remember that to earn LifeMiles you need to log-in with you username and password on our e-Store page and then choose a store. You’ll be redirected to the store webpage to make your purchase.

If you dont have an address in the United States, our Partner SkyBOX takes your purchases to your country. "

Now I wonder if it's too good to be true - 1 song from iTunes nets me 251 miles?

Note Skype only gives miles to "new paying customers", so I guess existing Skype Out users are out of luck.

Aussie_flyer Oct 12, 2012 9:58 pm

i've just looked at this too and this sounds potentially rather fun

tusflyer Oct 12, 2012 10:00 pm

interesting...

Aussie_flyer Oct 12, 2012 10:01 pm

just saw this on the itunes page

Special Terms: Customer rewards can only be earned for first time purchases at the iTunes Store. Customer rewards are available only on e-mailable and printable iTunes Gift Certificates, and plastic iTunes Gift Cards.

Raffles longhaul Oct 12, 2012 11:23 pm

Also recieved the e-mail from Lifemiles
I see abebooks.com offers free shipping on some books and maps.
Seeing a map priced for U.S. $1.33 INCLUDES SHIPPING
Also seeing a E-BOOK for U.S. $1.32
Found another e book site with e- book as low as .99 each

1 purchase/transaction x $.99 = $.99 = 250 miles
4 purchases /transactions x $.99 = $ 3.96 = 1000 miles
40 purchases/transactions x $.99 = $39.60 = 10000 miles
400 purchases/transactions x $.99 = $396.00 = 100,000 miles
4000 purchases/transactions x $.99 = $3960.00 = 1,000,000 miles

At Magazineline you can purchase a free magazine as a gift for someone for $.00 includes shipping and handling
If the free magazine were to post the 250 miles per transaction/purchase x 4000 purchases/transactions total cost would be $.00 for 1,000,000 miles

This could be a very interesting deal.
I am sure someone can find some other products that are lower, or other e-stores that offer free shipping .

I see some of the online drug stores have products below $1 but shipping is a problem

bryanwallace Oct 13, 2012 1:49 am

can anyone find the T and Cs on this?
is it def for every purchase not just the first one??

Pacha Oct 13, 2012 2:35 am

if the bonus posts immediately, we could buy two ebooks in two transactions and wait and see.....

Shanye2233 Oct 13, 2012 3:13 am

As soon as LM see the post it will close down real quick.

miikkak Oct 13, 2012 3:53 am

Originally Posted by Pacha (Post 19487883)
if the bonus posts immediately, we could buy two ebooks in two transactions and wait and see.....

From taca.com
"Las millas serán acreditadas en un período no mayor a 45 días después de realizada la compra."

It takes up to 45 days to credit the miles...

Pacha Oct 13, 2012 4:20 am

Estimated posting times

just as fyi:

Retailer
Est. days to posting*

eBooks.com

Buy.com

Abebooks

Barnes&Noble.com

Aussie_flyer Oct 13, 2012 5:07 am

bottom of email::

Terms and Conditions
Bonus miles apply for each purchase you make during October, 2012. Bonus miles apply for each purchase you make during October, 2012 in e-Store. Members must access the retailer websites through LifeMiles e-store and be logged in their LifeMiles account. Miles will be awarded in no more than 45 days after the purchase. LifeMiles Terms and Conditions apply. LifeMiles is a trademark of LifeMiles Corp. TACA includes Taca International Airlines, Taca Perú, Lacsa and Aviateca.

bryanwallace Oct 13, 2012 5:18 am

for the barnes and noble

Customers will ONLY earn rewards on purchases of NOOK, NOOK Warranties, NOOK accessories, and ETextbooks.

does this mean nook books acceptable or not?

like this..

eBook on - 15 Top Ways to Save Money - Pocket Change not Enough?

miikkak Oct 13, 2012 5:54 am

It's worth having a closer look at the partner list... You can even earn lifemiles when buying LAN flights :D http://shop.lifemiles.com/info/81316...rlines/afsrc=1

crimsonAA Oct 13, 2012 7:16 am

------

Pacha Oct 13, 2012 7:34 am

Originally Posted by crimsonAA (Post 19488511)
Thanks for the info. Is that from personal experience?

For somewhere like drugstore.com, do we have any sense as to whether putting a lot of duplicate orders through will trigger something in their system and lead to them all getting cancelled?

in the lifemiles store - click on "my shopping history" and it shows you this info for all the stores you have visited through lifemiles shopping....

not sure about the multiple orders....