Lifemiles sign up info necessary?

Old May 12, 2014, 9:11 pm
Original Poster

Lifemiles sign up info necessary?

Anyone have experience with this: I recently got my sister to sign up with Lifemiles, in order to take advantage of future bonus mile transfer promotions. She ignored the ID section, and did not enter a passport number or anything else. She claims she is enrolled. She lives in Canada. I live in Asia, and I was "required" to enter that info when enrolling. I am wondering whether her enrollment is totally legit. I don't want to have a problem in the future, whereby she tries to participate in a promotion and the web site tells her that her enrollment was not completed before the promotion period.
Old May 12, 2014, 9:42 pm

She can always log in and update the details, if you're worried about it.
Old May 13, 2014, 1:04 am
Original Poster

Thanks, Maayan. That should prevent any potential problem.

By the way, can someone clarify the limits on the transfer bonus promotion? Is the limit a pre- or post-bonus number? When it comes to buying miles, the stated limit includes the bonus miles.
Old May 18, 2014, 6:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by wolfman888
Anyone have experience with this: I recently got my sister to sign up with Lifemiles, in order to take advantage of future bonus mile transfer promotions. She ignored the ID section, and did not enter a passport number or anything else. She claims she is enrolled. She lives in Canada. I live in Asia, and I was "required" to enter that info when enrolling. I am wondering whether her enrollment is totally legit. I don't want to have a problem in the future, whereby she tries to participate in a promotion and the web site tells her that her enrollment was not completed before the promotion period.
somehow I skipped about 90% of the sign-up information. I just exited and it seemed to do the trick (giving me a membership number and everything).

I have redeemed several tickets despite the lack of information and had no troubles flying.

Although I do get an 'update your details' pop-up everytime i log in.
Old May 18, 2014, 11:45 pm

Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
I have redeemed several tickets despite the lack of information and had no troubles flying.
It becomes another story if you need to cancel a ticket.
Old May 19, 2014, 1:43 am
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by mlqsko
It becomes another story if you need to cancel a ticket.
In what way, if you'd not mind elaborating.
Old May 19, 2014, 1:56 am

Originally Posted by JohnnyColombia
In what way, if you'd not mind elaborating.
If you signed up as Aasdj Fljfdlkaf, the name is not changeable later. If you want to cancel a ticket, I believe the account holder has to pay the cxl charges and then you have a problem. Just be careful with what names you sign up in case you need to cancel later.

I am not saying LHR/MEL/Europe FF did that, just suggesting that one has to be careful with multiple accounts.
Old May 19, 2014, 2:05 am
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
If you signed up as Aasdj Fljfdlkaf, the name is not changeable later. If you want to cancel a ticket, I believe the account holder has to pay the cxl charges and then you have a problem. Just be careful with what names you sign up in case you need to cancel later.

I am not saying LHR/MEL/Europe FF did that, just suggesting that one has to be careful with multiple accounts.
Many thanks
Old May 19, 2014, 2:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)

i was just referring to the seemingly many pages of personal information they wanted... driver licence, passport, mother in laws blood type etc.

I got a bit concerned with them wanting so much personal information I exited the process after passport number and other relevant info such as address.
Old May 23, 2014, 8:52 pm
Original Poster

Bump:

"By the way, can someone clarify the limits on the transfer bonus promotion? Is the limit a pre- or post-bonus number? When it comes to buying miles, the stated limit includes the bonus miles."

Also, on a recently blurb on Loyalty lobby, the very same article states that transfer limit is 50,000 to an account, and then later it is stated that the limit is 75,000. So, which is it?
Old Jun 6, 2014, 8:03 pm

Programs: AA, AS, AV, B6, DL, F9, WN
Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
somehow I skipped about 90% of the sign-up information. I just exited and it seemed to do the trick (giving me a membership number and everything).

Although I do get an 'update your details' pop-up everytime i log in.
I just made up an ID number for my account under the driver license and passport sections. I haven't decided if I will update my info before my trip with a partner airline. I do not want to loose the miles I will be earning or have a problem while crossing several borders during my trip

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.