Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

250 bonus miles for e-store purchases in October 2012

250 bonus miles for e-store purchases in October 2012

Old Jan 18, 2013, 2:21 pm
Used to be highman123

I'm trying to get Gary Leff to chime in as well as he may have enough social media power to move the needle on this one. Let's see.
Old Jan 18, 2013, 5:07 pm

Programs: SPG PLAT, AA Plat (2MM), BA, UA/CO
No Response After 3 Weeks

After 3 weeks and no response to my secure message, I sent an email to [email protected]. It was short and very matter of fact. I closed by stating that, if they continued to ignore me, I would have no choice but to pursue a more formal resolution of this matter. I'm hoping that seeing an email from a lawyer will cause them to take this seriously, but I'm not optimistic.

xlax
Old Jan 18, 2013, 11:11 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

And if (or when) they will reply it's more than likely they will direct you to the shopping portal. That's who buys the miles and the advertising space in the Lifemiles newsletter. And that's who should credit you the miles.
Old Jan 22, 2013, 2:33 pm

Programs: AA, UA, SQ, VA, QF, AF, BA
Originally Posted by highman123
I'm trying to get Gary Leff to chime in as well as he may have enough social media power to move the needle on this one. Let's see.
I got an email from LifeMiles about this promo with the original T&Cs and used that one to reply to when making my case to get the bonus.

Gary did prominently advertise this promo on his blog and probably pulled in a lot of newbies to the LifeMiles program who then went crazy ordering shampoo bottles from what I saw in the comments. So I do think it is appropriate for him to get involved since many of those people would not have known about the promo otherwise.

Still no reply from LifeMiles.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 7:48 pm

Programs: AA 1MM, BA, UA, HH Dia, CC Gold, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by flood
I've not heard anything since sending in my docs either
Still nothing I assume?
I just got the email asking me to send in copies of my receipts. If I thought scanning hundreds of docs would make a difference, maybe, but I'd hate to waste my time when they HAVE the information & are choosing to ignore it!!
Old Jan 26, 2013, 7:49 pm

------

Last edited by crimsonAA; Nov 14, 2017 at 5:55 am
Old Jan 26, 2013, 7:54 pm

Programs: AS MVP, A3*S
It sounded like we were getting somewhere, and now nothing again - back to silence.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 7:54 pm

------

Last edited by crimsonAA; Nov 14, 2017 at 5:55 am
Old Jan 26, 2013, 8:06 pm

Originally Posted by crimsonAA
My last e-mail from them was four days ago:

Good morning.

Let us inform you that we are currently working in your case, verifying the information with the department in charge and with our commercial partner. As soon as we get news, we will let you know.

We appreciate your comprehension.

Cordially,

LifeMiles Support
I don't get it -- I've emailed them twice and filled out the webform and haven't gotten so much as an autoreply!
Old Jan 26, 2013, 8:09 pm

------

Last edited by crimsonAA; Nov 14, 2017 at 5:54 am
Old Jan 28, 2013, 12:24 pm

Programs: AA 1MM, BA, UA, HH Dia, CC Gold, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by crimsonAA
Did they specifically ask for receipts? In my e-mail, they appear to have given me the option to send in a statement. I sent in a credit card statement and haven't heard anything.

"It is necessary that you send us a bank statement, an original Boucher or receipts for where we can check all the information about your purchases in the website."
"In order for us to proceed to evaluate your request, we kindly ask you to send us the receipt of your purchases in JPG or PDF format.

As soon as you send the information, we will gladly complete your request".

Deciphered as 'statement' maybe? Guess I'll start scanning receipts & we'll see which of us gets a real answer & the rest can follow suit.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 7:40 pm

Programs: AA, UA, SQ, VA, QF, AF, BA
I sent mine in weeks ago, got the

Good morning.

Let us inform you that we are currently working in your case, verifying the information with the department in charge and with our commercial partner. As soon as we get news, we will let you know.

We appreciate your comprehension.

Cordially,

LifeMiles Support
I have sent several other emails since then, none of which are answered. That is annoying me more than the points, they won't communicate.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 8:53 pm
wcj

I wanted to see if the points would post before I would do more, so I do not have tons of purchases like many. I started with some Christmas shopping and a few smaller purchases. I basically sent $5 e gift cards for Kmart, Petsmart, sears and then $1itunes. I also bought my neice a sweatshirt. I did get the points for the purchases in November. In December, I received one 250 bonus point award. Did others get more than one 250 bonus award for combined purchases totaling $50?
Old Feb 1, 2013, 6:32 pm

Programs: AS MVP, A3*S
I received a voicemail today. It came from a Miami number they said they were still working on my case and would inform me when a resolution was reached. Funny that I never called them...
Old Feb 1, 2013, 6:41 pm
Used to be highman123

Originally Posted by AS MHT
I received a voicemail today. It came from a Miami number they said they were still working on my case and would inform me when a resolution was reached. Funny that I never called them...
Lucky you - I have not heard from them at all although I sent 3 'tickets' so far. I hope you guys are able to convince them to finally pay up.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.