Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

250 bonus miles for e-store purchases in October 2012

250 bonus miles for e-store purchases in October 2012

Old Oct 13, 2012, 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by dazz81
I'm going the ebooks.com $.99 book path. I'll be reading continually for a while if this works
Were you able to sort by price? I'm finding it hard to easily find all the 99c books.
Old Oct 13, 2012, 2:25 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silver
Google 0.99 site:ebooks.com! It's actually .79 with discount code categorysalecp (published at lifemiles.com)! Nevertheless, I would be careful with transactions costing less than 1 USD before getting the first miles... Depending on the way they calculate the miles, the end result can either be 0 or 252-253 miles.
Old Oct 13, 2012, 2:52 pm

Programs: A3*G, QF PLATINUM, BA GOLD, VA GOLD, HH DIAMOND
Originally Posted by miikkak
Google 0.99 site:ebooks.com! It's actually .79 with discount code categorysalecp (published at lifemiles.com)! Nevertheless, I would be careful with transactions costing less than 1 USD before getting the first miles... Depending on the way they calculate the miles, the end result can either be 0 or 252-253 miles.
good point although there was no minimum specified in the t&c

thanks for the help re price of books, perhaps purchasing 2 in a single transaction at $1.60 might be better.
Old Oct 13, 2012, 3:02 pm

good point although there was no minimum specified in the t&c

thanks for the help re price of books, perhaps purchasing 2 in a single transaction at $1.60 might be better.
There are some costing exactly 1 USD. If you have bought 100+ ebooks&booking tricked flights, you don't want any extra attention to your account if not absolutely necessary... Their system might credit the 250 miles only when getting miles from the transaction... Anyway, in 2-3 days we should know unless T&C change on Monday... I think all of us are very interested to know whether only full dollars are counted...
Old Oct 13, 2012, 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by miikkak
There are some costing exactly 1 USD. If you have bought 100+ ebooks&booking tricked flights, you don't want any extra attention to your account if not absolutely necessary... Their system might credit the 250 miles only when getting miles from the transaction... Anyway, in 2-3 days we should know unless T&C change on Monday... I think all of us are very interested to know whether only full dollars are counted...
thx ill look for $1 books
Old Oct 13, 2012, 3:35 pm

Question

I'm going the ebooks.com $.99 book path. I'll be reading continually for a while if this works
How do you find the cheap titles? I dont see a way of sorting by price?
Old Oct 13, 2012, 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by AndrewE
How do you find the cheap titles? I dont see a way of sorting by price?
read this page of the thread and you will find this has been discussed
Old Oct 13, 2012, 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by crimsonAA
I got the same thing. Just close out and start the whole process over again. Should be fine after that.
I also go the same thing and did what you did. Crossing my fingers.

To those who went to drugstore.com, how did you avoid the shipping fee? Or did you spend the $25?
Old Oct 13, 2012, 4:03 pm

Those buying ebooks should not buy more than 2 copies of the same book. After buying third copy of the same book, the transaction might have to be processed manually (at least mine was)...

By the way, lifemiles have many uncategorized partners like expedia which can be useful for normal transactions.
Old Oct 13, 2012, 4:11 pm

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
I also go the same thing and did what you did. Crossing my fingers.

To those who went to drugstore.com, how did you avoid the shipping fee? Or did you spend the $25?
Use Shop Runner - 2 day free shipping. Comes with a 30-day free trial membership which can be extended to a year: http://www.retailmenot.com/showcoupon/3832436
Old Oct 13, 2012, 5:44 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, NWA,HHonors, Hyatt BF
nuts

mmmm..cashews. .99 at drugstore.com

Plus a buncha other stuff - search by "ea" or "each" or "Walgreens" - chapsticks, bouillion, toothbrush, floss, pantiliners, pill box, nail clippers, nail polish, makeup pencils and sponges, pantyhoseses, baby foods

(of course donating to the puppies is way better )
Old Oct 13, 2012, 5:48 pm

Programs: United 1k aa exec plat
Originally Posted by redreeper
mmmm..cashews. .99 at drugstore.com

Plus a buncha other stuff - search by "ea" or "each" or "Walgreens" - chapsticks, bouillion, toothbrush, floss, pantiliners, pill box, nail clippers, nail polish, makeup pencils and sponges, pantyhoseses, baby foods

(of course donating to the puppies is way better )
cashews say walgreens
3rd party order is not eligible
Old Oct 13, 2012, 6:20 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, NWA,HHonors, Hyatt BF
Originally Posted by bryanwallace
cashews say walgreens
3rd party order is not eligible
I do not think that is a third party order, its ships from drugstore.com, not Walgreens, correct?
Old Oct 13, 2012, 8:08 pm
Used to be highman123

250 bonus miles for EACH e-store purchase in October 2012

Ok I'm in for 300 orders at drugstore - I built a nice script running once a minute. Anyone ahead of me?

Oh and who bought all the 74c shampoo?
Old Oct 13, 2012, 8:21 pm

Any chance of sharing that script? Pretty please?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.