Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

250 bonus miles for e-store purchases in October 2012

250 bonus miles for e-store purchases in October 2012

Old Dec 13, 2012, 2:44 pm

------

Last edited by crimsonAA; Nov 14, 2017 at 5:02 am
Old Dec 13, 2012, 9:12 pm

Programs: AA, UA, SQ, VA, QF, AF, BA
Neither the shopping nor the Lifemiles account has changed since I last posted. I don't think that missing transaction thing will work for me. I can prove my point best with attachments so I need to email someone who speaks English and can actually do something. Any ideas?
Old Dec 14, 2012, 5:48 am

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Originally Posted by Tiki
Neither the shopping nor the Lifemiles account has changed since I last posted. I don't think that missing transaction thing will work for me. I can prove my point best with attachments so I need to email someone who speaks English and can actually do something. Any ideas?
Google translate?

Seriously, I've tried that and they seem to reply Spanish emails faster than English ones.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 7:53 am

Programs: AA LT PLT
Who is "they"? Avianca Taca? Points.com? Incentive Networks?
Old Dec 15, 2012, 7:20 am

Programs: AS MVP, A3*S
Originally Posted by Tiki
DOT?
Old Dec 15, 2012, 2:02 pm

Programs: Shamelessly Gold at Flying Burrito and AirTrain A+ Elite. Turkish Star Gold, 100k at Flying Eskimo
Originally Posted by AS MHT
DOT?
Kidding, right?
Old Dec 15, 2012, 5:37 pm
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
I had 160 donations to PetSmart and 1 Walgreens click through. No points have posted. Contested the PetSmart charges with my credit card since I truly think this is going nowhere.
Old Dec 15, 2012, 5:43 pm

Programs: AS MVP, A3*S
Originally Posted by Minos
Kidding, right?
Right... about 97%.
Old Dec 16, 2012, 2:45 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by fti
I had 160 donations to PetSmart and 1 Walgreens click through. No points have posted. Contested the PetSmart charges with my credit card since I truly think this is going nowhere.
Classy... making a donation and then contesting charges.
Old Dec 16, 2012, 10:06 am

Programs: Shamelessly Gold at Flying Burrito and AirTrain A+ Elite. Turkish Star Gold, 100k at Flying Eskimo
Is there class in here anyway?
Old Dec 16, 2012, 10:28 am

Originally Posted by RTW1
I don't see why this is unclassy. S/he (and me, for example) made donations with the expectation to receive something in return.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 5:47 pm
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Originally Posted by RTW1
Classy? Tell me who is classy here. Avianca certainly is not. Even PetSmart Charities are not. Two of my charges ended up being "recurring" charges (guess I checked a box when making the donation). Fair enough - only $1 x 2 each month. I tried calling PetSmart Charities to stop the automatic recurring charges. What a mess. Called the number for PetSmart Charities on my credit card statement, got a live person who then connected me to someone else, who also could not help. This second person gave me a different phone number and extension number to call to resolve it. Even with typing in the extension number I got a huge phone tree. Finally got to a live person who could not help, but who transferred me to yet a fourth person. This fourth person also could not help, but gave me a phone number to call. Guess what the number was? The same one I had called initially.

I then called my credit card company and asked that no further charges by this company be automatically charged to my card. PetSmart Charities sure makes it easy to start such a recurring charge but make it all but impossible to stop it. Talk about "classy."
Old Dec 20, 2012, 11:54 am

Originally Posted by mabramovich
I don't see why this is unclassy. S/he (and me, for example) made donations with the expectation to receive something in return.
I do not necessary critize what you did but you should not expect anything in return from a donation. Otherwise you are exchanging and entering a trade.
Old Dec 20, 2012, 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by Minos
I do not necessary critize what you did but you should not expect anything in return from a donation. Otherwise you are exchanging and entering a trade.
Well in my mind this is what I (and others) have done.
Old Dec 20, 2012, 6:33 pm

Programs: BA Gold - A3 Gold - FB Gold - IHG Plat - SPG Gold -Hyatt Platinum
This is FT, not the church.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.