Separate tickets - question

Old May 30, 2016, 9:56 pm
Original Poster

Separate tickets - question

Because both segments cannot be on a single ticket as the first one is revenue and the second an award, I need to buy a positioning one-way from Bucaramanga to Bogota to catch my Int'l departure out of Bogota later that evening. The Int'l flight departs around 10:30 PM. Although both will be Avianca coded flights, (the Int'l one is operated by Aerogal), out of an abundance of caution I will assume that they will not protect me in case the first flight is late. Therefore I want to give myself at least 4 hours between flights. There is a flight departing Bucaramanga at around 5 PM which arrives BOG at 6 PM and that gives me 4-1/2 hours. Is this enough? I need at least 2 hours to check-in, so I can tolerate a 2 hour delay on the flight to Bogota.

Are the flights usually on time? There are more than 10 schedules to BOG every day, but I don't want to leave too early and then sit in BOG for > 6 hours. The flight before the 5 PM is a 3 PM which gets in around 4 PM so that will mean an almost 7 hour wait. Obviously this one is safer but my preference would be for the 5 PM, unless schedules are known to start going wonky in the evenings. FlightStats gives the 5PM flight an on-time rating of only 65% with an average delay of almost 1 hour!!!
Old May 31, 2016, 5:14 am

If you don't fly an LM award booking you can get it refunded 48-72 hours after the flight departure as the coupon will show in their system as not used

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.