Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

Avianca/Taca Lifemiles may be Best Program in Star

Avianca/Taca Lifemiles may be Best Program in Star

Old Nov 18, 2012, 7:21 am

Programs: KF,JMB, OZ, SPG,AA,UA,AS
Originally Posted by dre_techie
I don't know then, 2 seats available through M&M, 1 on EF which mirrors UA's availability and none through ANA or Lifemiles. You need someone more experienced to help.
I believe EF's new "star alliance" search just pulls from UA. That's why you are seeing the overlap. If you aren't seeing it on ANA it's probably is phantom...
Old Nov 18, 2012, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Any recent success, or not, with mixed cabin bookings, when calling in?
Old Nov 18, 2012, 11:23 am

Programs: UA1k; Bonvoy Titanium; Hilton Gold; IHG Gold; AA Plat Pro
Originally Posted by SFO777
Don't necessarily see anything usual here. ANA says no and LM says no. That fact the EF shows available is irrelevant as those avails are likely for M&M members only, and not for *A partners. Agree with others on the accuracy of ANA. And UA is UA. When you say you can ticket on UA, how far in the process did you get? Did you actually ticket?
I did ticket on UA, got a ticket number and confirmed a seat (and then cancelled later since my connecting flight was not available, and I was doing this as an experiment).

Really strange
Old Nov 18, 2012, 6:43 pm

Originally Posted by 1k650
I just checked Expertflyer. LH First is available on 11/25 MUC-SFO on Expertflyer.

It is not available on Lifemiles. Not available on ANA tool.

But it is available on UA (? phantom, as you say). I can ticket it. Just tried.

What is going on ?
11/25 MUC-SFO LH F Available on AE, ANA and LM tonight. Perhaps some updating issue over the weeknd?
Old Nov 19, 2012, 12:14 am

Programs: UA1k; Bonvoy Titanium; Hilton Gold; IHG Gold; AA Plat Pro
Originally Posted by sp4294
11/25 MUC-SFO LH F Available on AE, ANA and LM tonight. Perhaps some updating issue over the weeknd?
Maybe. But it was definitely odd.

BTW, what is AE ?
Old Nov 19, 2012, 12:45 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by 1k650
Maybe. But it was definitely odd.

BTW, what is AE ?
AE = Air Canada's "loyalty" program www.aeroplan.com
Old Nov 20, 2012, 10:17 am

Programs: LH FTL,Hyatt Platinum,BMI Silver
Even with regular bookings and even in coach class you can still make plenty of bargains, all over the world. However, on some routes there is low availability in all booking classes. I think, there might be an improvement after the holiday season for x-mas and new year, as some airlines will release more award seats spontaniously and in a short term period, according to the demand.

What I cannot understand is, how certain people participated hundreds of times in the Life-Miles shopping promotion last month to get more and more miles, knowing that miles and rewards are already cheap enough to buy, share and redeem, by using all the regular ways to do so all over the year. All those people who do only maximize all loyalty programs and always exaggerate, cause a lot of harm to all stakeholders of an airline and jeopardize the further existence of loyalty programs and special offers in the form that we have these offers now. This behaviour normally leads quickly to so called improvements and enhancements of the programs, which brings disadvantages to all members.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 10:27 am

Originally Posted by SFO777
Any recent success, or not, with mixed cabin bookings, when calling in?
Nope.

Originally Posted by kaninchen
Even with regular bookings and even in coach class you can still make plenty of bargains, all over the world. However, on some routes there is low availability in all booking classes. I think, there might be an improvement after the holiday season for x-mas and new year, as some airlines will release more award seats spontaniously and in a short term period, according to the demand.

What I cannot understand is, how certain people participated hundreds of times in the Life-Miles shopping promotion last month to get more and more miles, knowing that miles and rewards are already cheap enough to buy, share and redeem, by using all the regular ways to do so all over the year. All those people who do only maximize all loyalty programs and always exaggerate, cause a lot of harm to all stakeholders of an airline and jeopardize the further existence of loyalty programs and special offers in the form that we have these offers now. This behaviour normally leads quickly to so called improvements and enhancements of the programs, which brings disadvantages to all members.
There's no devaluations just yet, unless redacted qualifies as one.

Last edited by yerffej201; Nov 20, 2012 at 6:42 pm
Old Nov 24, 2012, 4:53 pm
GmK

Programs: A few
Does anyone have any recent experience in trying to change the date of a second leg in a journey after having flown the first leg already?

Am planning a oneway, but might have to extend one of the layovers into a stopover, but would only know once I get there.

Edit: I guess this won't be possible as per the 'no stopover on oneways' rule. Might have to book a return for it to work out...

Last edited by GmK; Nov 24, 2012 at 5:29 pm
Old Nov 24, 2012, 5:46 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA,AA,AS,BA
Originally Posted by GmK
Does anyone have any recent experience in trying to change the date of a second leg in a journey after having flown the first leg already? Am planning a oneway, but might have to extend one of the layovers into a stopover, but would only know once I get there.Edit: I guess this won't be possible as per the 'no stopover on oneways' rule. Might have to book a return for it to work out...
Ya we know you Europeans. If the girl is good - you want to stay. If not you want to move -on - quickly
Old Nov 24, 2012, 5:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by WingedWorldExplorer
Ya we know you Europeans. If the girl is good - you want to stay. If not you want to move -on - quickly
Old Nov 25, 2012, 8:03 pm

Originally Posted by GmK
Does anyone have any recent experience in trying to change the date of a second leg in a journey after having flown the first leg already?

Am planning a oneway, but might have to extend one of the layovers into a stopover, but would only know once I get there.

Edit: I guess this won't be possible as per the 'no stopover on oneways' rule. Might have to book a return for it to work out...
All depends on how many times you are allowed to "stop over". You can't usually tell that before the first date.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 6:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
yeah. there are some 'exceptions' to the rule out there. especially for some of these shorter add in segments. (one that I wonder how easy it would be to book is the LH F flight Jakarta to Bangkok (or is it KUL) that seems to come up on aeroplan all the time.
Lufthansa pulled out of JKT/CGK a few months' back. They operated a SIN CGK tag from the FRA service, then from MUC.

The only current LH tag flights in the region are out of BKK to SGN and to KUL. Both sold generally cheaply in $$$ terms, and redemption availability is good: though perhaps not so cheap, or available, in F !
Old Nov 26, 2012, 5:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
Lufthansa pulled out of JKT/CGK a few months' back. They operated a SIN CGK tag from the FRA service, then from MUC.

The only current LH tag flights in the region are out of BKK to SGN and to KUL. Both sold generally cheaply in $$$ terms, and redemption availability is good: though perhaps not so cheap, or available, in F !
ah, thanks for that! I know their f tag ons used to be incredibly expensive to buy... I'm pretty sure I looked at a bkk-sgn a year or so ago and it was well over the $1200 mark... which seemed to suggest to me they were looking to discourage bookings on it (for whatever reason). the coupe of trip reports I read always showed the f cabin empty or near empty on those tag ons.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 12:52 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by travelkid
As I told you by PM its on top of my desk

I always keep promises (didnt mention when as Ive been loaded with work, and its a lot to sift through, + I also gave you some ideas), speaking of which its TB election time. Check my election promises via my platform link in my signature.

A PM to you and selected others is in progress^
Two weeks later....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.