Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

Avianca/Taca Lifemiles may be Best Program in Star

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avianca/Taca Lifemiles may be Best Program in Star

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2012, 12:08 am

Programs: Flying: VA; Buying: AA, AS, AV, BA, UA!
Originally Posted by erik123
Is a stopover allowed on a r/t?
The online booking option offers no way to include a stop over in either a one way or a r/t booking. You'd have to use the multi-city option which prices each 'from and to' seperately.
Old Jun 30, 2012, 4:07 am

Programs: *A Gold, HH dia,Hyatt plat,Sixt PLAT,QF , EY Gold
Originally Posted by travelislife
Yes but it will be charged as a point to point itinerary. Ie. SYD-SIN-LHR with a stopover in SIN is actually 2 trips in terms of miles SYD-SIN+SIN-LHR

Well you can do a search using the online tool without having the requisite miles in your account, but I don't know about putting a hold on, you might have to try on the phone.

I have no idea what this means. USD cash will let you buy a ticket and the availability should be any seat that is available for sale on the plane.
I'm referring to USDM is there more availability for award seats with life miles. I read on the Au forum there is plenty SQ Availability .
I'm goin to join and wait to see which is a better option with USDM it's about $2,5k to go SYD Europe wonder how much life miles
Is with the sale/promo
Old Jun 30, 2012, 6:41 am

Originally Posted by wheresmybagba
The online booking option offers no way to include a stop over in either a one way or a r/t booking. You'd have to use the multi-city option which prices each 'from and to' seperately.
Doesn't seem to work for itin that do not end in an Avianca hub.
Old Jul 6, 2012, 3:42 am

Programs: LH*G, FB*G, IC *free minibar*, SLH, RC 5C-Club, LHW, and a lot of others
Originally Posted by Shanye2233
I'm referring to USDM is there more availability for award seats with life miles. I read on the Au forum there is plenty SQ Availability .
I'm goin to join and wait to see which is a better option with USDM it's about $2,5k to go SYD Europe wonder how much life miles
Is with the sale/promo
I heard about a possibility to fly from down under to europe in C for less than 30-40k miles ow...
Old Jul 6, 2012, 3:50 am

Originally Posted by flo_147
I heard about a possibility to fly from down under to europe in C for less than 30-40k miles ow...
Go on then...do share.
Old Jul 7, 2012, 5:20 am

OK Borat...I see what you were getting at!
Old Jul 7, 2012, 1:17 pm

Programs: LH*G, FB*G, IC *free minibar*, SLH, RC 5C-Club, LHW, and a lot of others
Haha not really... But this one is good as well, but mine is even better
Old Jul 8, 2012, 3:10 pm

Programs: BD*G, BAGold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
And what crazy long leg of the itinerary is being thrown away The benefit of automated systems like this is that, unlike programs like BD, you don't have a phone agent to tell you to get a reality check and refuse to ticket lol.
Fancy sharing this little loop hole?

EDIT: In the process of trying to figure out your loop hole I found something very interesting... A way of nearly doing a full RTW for 45k in C!

The only way I can see it being less than 30k is if you are effectively flying back to Oceania Are you somehow routing SYD-Europe-South Pacific??

Last edited by pogonation; Jul 8, 2012 at 3:30 pm
Old Jul 8, 2012, 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by pogonation
The benefit of automated systems...
And the benefit of phone agents is that they think HKG is in the Middle East. At least US agents. You mind PMing me the routing you found? I have an idea - it goes to see Scarlett Johannson via Europe.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 4:49 pm

The only way I can see it being less than 30k is if you are effectively flying back to Oceania Are you somehow routing SYD-Europe-South Pacific??
Depends if you're doing miles or miles and cash to arrive at that number.

The Borat version to (the edge of) Europe is 18k ow in C as a miles / cash.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 5:11 pm

Programs: BD*G, BAGold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
Depends if you're doing miles or miles and cash to arrive at that number.

The Borat version to (the edge of) Europe is 18k ow in C as a miles / cash.
I was hoping he meant miles only otherwise it isn't so impressive. The Borat fare is good. I like the Europe - Far East for 20k or 8k + $153 myself
Old Jul 8, 2012, 5:32 pm

I was hoping he meant miles only
I'm pretty sure he did...after all ow is 34k + money for conventional routes.

I have studied, and studied the Star routemap and I still can't find the route that takes you from down under to europe for 30-40k...as you say, surely it has to take you back closer to Ocenia than Asia but you couldn't have got there by connecting in Asia in the first place. Unless a destination is simply allocated to an incorrect zone in the system somewhere.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 7:42 pm

Programs: VA WP, NZ *A SG
TSE is another option.
Old Jul 9, 2012, 2:28 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
How to get Hilton and Avis to accept the LM number? I tried using TACA as partner, but that doesn't work either...
Old Jul 9, 2012, 8:28 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
How to get Hilton and Avis to accept the LM number? I tried using TACA as partner, but that doesn't work either...
Avis tells me they are not a partner?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.