Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

Award change question: Can you cancel first leg?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2017, 5:36 pm
Original Poster

LM's website is acting normal - missing obvious Star Alliance available flights. Some show available in business under specific carrier searches, while those same flights do not show when searching using the Star alliance preference.

Looking for a first class reward that was there for the taking a few days ago on their website; but mysteriously is not showing up on any searches - despite every parameter change I have tried. USA-Asia (Asian carrier)(no tricks)

It does show up a few times when I add a domestic feeder flight. UA to US hub then Asia. Not a married segment issue either.

I am thinking of booking the flight, then emailing support to see if they could change the ticket and cancel that first segment. I'd pay the change fee.

Anyone have experience with this? I currently have another different award with two segments, and called LM as a practice run to see if I could drop a segment, but they wanted to cancel the whole thing and rebook. Wondering if email support team has more to offer.
Old Jul 16, 2017, 2:19 pm

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
No. But they kindly offer you to cancel the whole ticket and then you can try it again to book a new one online on LM....
Old Jul 16, 2017, 2:37 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Air Rarotonga
No. But they kindly offer you to cancel the whole ticket and then you can try it again to book a new one online on LM....
Yes, but you are a seasoned FT member. Any guarantees the seats will be back? Moreover, the new one they would be booking is the one that is not showing up in the search.

I may have confused you a little. The segment I want does not show up in a regular search on LM. It only shows up when you add a specific first segment - not a married segment issue although my description makes it sound like it. So if they cancel the whole ticket, I'm back to where I started. It's just LM search engine.

It's kind like booking a married segment itinerary to get your transoceanic flight, and then cancelling connection later. But the opposite here.

Last edited by Plasticus; Jul 16, 2017 at 2:47 pm Reason: Put further comments.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by Plasticus
So if they cancel the whole ticket, I'm back to where I started. It's just LM search engine.
Yes, thats the point :-). Nothing to change. That's how LM works...

You can only try with the given parameters and search methods on the LM site if you get your desired flight. If not, don't waste your time and search for alternatives. C'est la vie with LM...
Old Jul 17, 2017, 6:13 pm
Original Poster

LM's support email team came through and booked my itinerary once I forwarded them the screen shots.

Just lucky that the seats were still there.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by Plasticus
LM's support email team came through and booked my itinerary once I forwarded them the screen shots.
Seriousely?

Feel lucky, I would never think about, they would eliminate a segment from an availability shown on their site! ^
Old Jul 20, 2017, 5:47 pm
Original Poster

Basically they wanted proof that there was availability and their system was not showing that option with a simple search. I had to go back and forth a few times. I was lucky in that they were responding quickly to my emails. I in return replied immediately to keep the communication with one person.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.