Go Back   > > >

Old May 19, 17, 5:28 pm   #1
Original Poster

Programs: SQ GOLD SPG&Marriott Platinum Hilton Diamond HSBC INFINITE
Lifemiles website NOT accept credit cards from Asia?

i tried many times either to buy lifemiles or to redeem a ticket and never paid successfully by using my credit cards from either china or Singapore.
I have to call to pay. Very very inconvenient. Anyone has similar problems?

when I use my card from USA, no problem.
But my credit card from Singapore has more points so I prefer using my Singapore credit card. 6 krisflyer miles per SGD.
vincentsjtu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 17, 9:26 pm   #2

Programs: SPG Gold, HH D,Hyatt D, IHG Amb, *A G, OW S
Its likely blocked by your bank/cc provider. Call them an inform/request authorization for your planned purchase activity in Colombia
Tokyoite is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 17, 8:46 am   #3

Programs: A3*G, BA Bronze, EY Silver, LH, SQ, IC Spire AMB, HH Diam, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold
6mls per dollar? DBS Altitude promo with spend between 2500 - 5000$?

If DBS, almost certainly they are blocking. For a "frequent flyer" style airline miles accruing card that likely is being used a lot overseas it really sucks. I had issues with the card even in places that I travel too frequently like Indonesia, Japan, USA. I was told to call them upfront and let them know, which is super annoying.

Definitely call DBS and ask about the transaction, but also check the country it is coming from. Mine didn't always come from Columbia, but fron El Salvador. Issuing Office on my LM ticket was San Salvador.
demue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 17, 9:09 am   #4

Programs: Marriott Silver, Hilton Silver
My CC issued by China Construction Bank goes smoothly on the LM website every time, but that was after they called me about a "suspicious transaction" when I bought LM miles for the first time... So calling your bank in advance could help.
usr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 17, 10:25 am   #5
Original Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by demue View Post
6mls per dollar? DBS Altitude promo with spend between 2500 - 5000$?

If DBS, almost certainly they are blocking. For a "frequent flyer" style airline miles accruing card that likely is being used a lot overseas it really sucks. I had issues with the card even in places that I travel too frequently like Indonesia, Japan, USA. I was told to call them upfront and let them know, which is super annoying.

Definitely call DBS and ask about the transaction, but also check the country it is coming from. Mine didn't always come from Columbia, but fron El Salvador. Issuing Office on my LM ticket was San Salvador.

yeah,I'm using DBS, and now i was told that i can only use singapore credit card to buy lifemiles while in singapore, i cannot use sg card when i'm not in sg
Old May 20, 17, 10:27 am   #6
Original Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by usr22 View Post
My CC issued by China Construction Bank goes smoothly on the LM website every time, but that was after they called me about a "suspicious transaction" when I bought LM miles for the first time... So calling your bank in advance could help.
I CALLED MANY TIMES and the bank told me it's ok to pay
Now i realize that maybe i'm using china card when i'm not in china or using sg card when i'm not in sg
Old May 20, 17, 1:49 pm   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincentsjtu View Post
I CALLED MANY TIMES and the bank told me it's ok to pay
Now i realize that maybe i'm using china card when i'm not in china or using sg card when i'm not in sg
I have heard stories about CCs issued by some Chinese banks (for example, China Merchants) have problems with online payment on foreign websites in general. Probably time to switch banks?
Old May 29, 17, 5:17 am   #8

The LM website has not been processing cc payments for 2-3 months now. I've tried cards from 5 different countries in C1, C2, C3 and C6 in about 15-20 attempts. The bank never even sees the charge attempt. Clearly the LM cc processing facility is not working (and hasn't been for a while)

p.s. the phone booking fee is a ridiculous $125 USD
scibuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 17, 5:49 am   #9
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
I never had an issue, albeit I am in Canada. Keep in mind that your address on file must correspond with the Credit Cards address, any anomaly will result in an alert and the credit card will not be accepted.
djjaguar64 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 17, 8:14 am   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by djjaguar64 View Post
I never had an issue, albeit I am in Canada. Keep in mind that your address on file must correspond with the Credit Cards address, any anomaly will result in an alert and the credit card will not be accepted.
Are you saying you can check-out right now (have you tried since February/March)?
scibuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 17, 10:03 am   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by scibuff View Post
The LM website has not been processing cc payments for 2-3 months now. I've tried cards from 5 different countries in C1, C2, C3 and C6 in about 15-20 attempts. The bank never even sees the charge attempt. Clearly the LM cc processing facility is not working (and hasn't been for a while)

p.s. the phone booking fee is a ridiculous $125 USD
I don't think there is any extra booking fee if you just sent a screenshot to them, let them hold the ticket, then pay for it on the phone... at least they don't charge me anything aside from the regular $25 fee (which is also applicable for online bookings) when I booked my ticket a couple of weeks ago.