FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/avianca-lifemiles-amigo-716/)
-   -   Lifemiles website NOT accept credit cards from Asia? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/avianca-lifemiles-amigo/1843548-lifemiles-website-not-accept-credit-cards-asia.html)

vincentsjtu May 19, 2017 5:28 pm

Lifemiles website NOT accept credit cards from Asia?

i tried many times either to buy lifemiles or to redeem a ticket and never paid successfully by using my credit cards from either china or Singapore.
I have to call to pay. Very very inconvenient. Anyone has similar problems?

when I use my card from USA, no problem.
But my credit card from Singapore has more points so I prefer using my Singapore credit card. 6 krisflyer miles per SGD.

Tokyoite May 19, 2017 9:26 pm

Its likely blocked by your bank/cc provider. Call them an inform/request authorization for your planned purchase activity in Colombia

demue May 20, 2017 8:46 am

6mls per dollar? DBS Altitude promo with spend between 2500 - 5000$?

If DBS, almost certainly they are blocking. For a "frequent flyer" style airline miles accruing card that likely is being used a lot overseas it really sucks. I had issues with the card even in places that I travel too frequently like Indonesia, Japan, USA. I was told to call them upfront and let them know, which is super annoying.

Definitely call DBS and ask about the transaction, but also check the country it is coming from. Mine didn't always come from Columbia, but fron El Salvador. Issuing Office on my LM ticket was San Salvador.

usr22 May 20, 2017 9:09 am

My CC issued by China Construction Bank goes smoothly on the LM website every time, but that was after they called me about a "suspicious transaction" when I bought LM miles for the first time... So calling your bank in advance could help.

vincentsjtu May 20, 2017 10:25 am

Originally Posted by demue (Post 28337119)
6mls per dollar? DBS Altitude promo with spend between 2500 - 5000$?

If DBS, almost certainly they are blocking. For a "frequent flyer" style airline miles accruing card that likely is being used a lot overseas it really sucks. I had issues with the card even in places that I travel too frequently like Indonesia, Japan, USA. I was told to call them upfront and let them know, which is super annoying.

Definitely call DBS and ask about the transaction, but also check the country it is coming from. Mine didn't always come from Columbia, but fron El Salvador. Issuing Office on my LM ticket was San Salvador.

yeah,I'm using DBS, and now i was told that i can only use singapore credit card to buy lifemiles while in singapore, i cannot use sg card when i'm not in sg

vincentsjtu May 20, 2017 10:27 am

Originally Posted by usr22 (Post 28337206)
My CC issued by China Construction Bank goes smoothly on the LM website every time, but that was after they called me about a "suspicious transaction" when I bought LM miles for the first time... So calling your bank in advance could help.

I CALLED MANY TIMES and the bank told me it's ok to pay
Now i realize that maybe i'm using china card when i'm not in china or using sg card when i'm not in sg

usr22 May 20, 2017 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by vincentsjtu (Post 28337440)
I CALLED MANY TIMES and the bank told me it's ok to pay
Now i realize that maybe i'm using china card when i'm not in china or using sg card when i'm not in sg

I have heard stories about CCs issued by some Chinese banks (for example, China Merchants) have problems with online payment on foreign websites in general. Probably time to switch banks? :D

scibuff May 29, 2017 5:17 am

The LM website has not been processing cc payments for 2-3 months now. I've tried cards from 5 different countries in C1, C2, C3 and C6 in about 15-20 attempts. The bank never even sees the charge attempt. Clearly the LM cc processing facility is not working (and hasn't been for a while)

p.s. the phone booking fee is a ridiculous $125 USD

djjaguar64 May 29, 2017 5:49 am

I never had an issue, albeit I am in Canada. Keep in mind that your address on file must correspond with the Credit Cards address, any anomaly will result in an alert and the credit card will not be accepted.

scibuff May 29, 2017 8:14 am

Originally Posted by djjaguar64 (Post 28373527)
I never had an issue, albeit I am in Canada. Keep in mind that your address on file must correspond with the Credit Cards address, any anomaly will result in an alert and the credit card will not be accepted.

Are you saying you can check-out right now (have you tried since February/March)?

usr22 May 30, 2017 10:03 am

Originally Posted by scibuff (Post 28373461)
The LM website has not been processing cc payments for 2-3 months now. I've tried cards from 5 different countries in C1, C2, C3 and C6 in about 15-20 attempts. The bank never even sees the charge attempt. Clearly the LM cc processing facility is not working (and hasn't been for a while)

p.s. the phone booking fee is a ridiculous $125 USD

I don't think there is any extra booking fee if you just sent a screenshot to them, let them hold the ticket, then pay for it on the phone... at least they don't charge me anything aside from the regular $25 fee (which is also applicable for online bookings) when I booked my ticket a couple of weeks ago.