Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

Is this a policy change - late redemption fee?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2017, 9:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA1k; Bonvoy Titanium; Hilton Gold; IHG Gold; AA Plat Pro

For their new promotion of reduced miles North America / Asia, the fine print says:

"Redemption fee up to USD80 depending on the redeemed route plus a late redemption fee from USD40 + taxes for 14 or less days prior to the trip."

Old May 18, 2017, 10:06 pm

A quick check of SFO-LAX for tomorrow showed the usual $25 fee in addition to the $5.60 tax. So no change at this time.
Old May 18, 2017, 10:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA1k; Bonvoy Titanium; Hilton Gold; IHG Gold; AA Plat Pro
Yes, I booked a couple of tickets as well, with the same old fee structure - so far.

But this fine print in the promotion email worries me. They are definitely thinking about it. It will be a further devaluation. All my LM tickets are last-minute.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.