Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

[MIXED CLASS] Which check-in line do I use?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2017, 9:03 am
Original Poster

Hey flyertalkers,

I've booked a Business/First mixed class award. The first segment is in business, so I'm wondering whether I'm supposed to use the business, or first class line at check-in. If so, will my bags be tagged as business or first...?

Also, would about the lounge? Would it be too cheeky to ask to use the first lounge?
Old Apr 19, 2017, 6:23 pm

Hard to give advice with so little info. Besides - you should post in the relevant forum. Some airlines will be OK with it - others won't.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 10:01 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
what airline are you flying on? Most airlines are OK with you to go to F checkin counter if the second leg is in F. Your luggage will be tagged as F. (Based on my experience with ANA, Thai and Asiana mixed class bookings)
Old Apr 21, 2017, 6:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Tokyoite
what airline are you flying on? Most airlines are OK with you to go to F checkin counter if the second leg is in F. Your luggage will be tagged as F. (Based on my experience with ANA, Thai and Asiana mixed class bookings)
That's good to hear. I'm flying TG from SYD.

I'm not a massive hoarder or anything, but in terms of baggage, would it be the J or F allowance?

Thanks.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 6:29 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by erik123
Hard to give advice with so little info. Besides - you should post in the relevant forum. Some airlines will be OK with it - others won't.
Didn't even cross my mind LOL.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 12:13 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
I wouldn't worry about it too much. Show up to the F check-in, if they turn you away, explain why you were in that line. No big deal, don't overthink it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.