Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

The "what should bookable on LifeMiles, but isn't" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The "what should bookable on LifeMiles, but isn't" thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2017, 9:55 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Having issues with TG F (country) to BKK to/from Australia
Old Mar 24, 2017, 12:48 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, IHG Gold Ambassador, Marriott Gold
Any updates on the issue with domestic United flights?
Old Mar 27, 2017, 11:42 am

Originally Posted by Rusdude
Any updates on the issue with domestic United flights?
I'm still seeing the same issue as of today. I read somewhere that LifeMiles is moving to a new booking system, so if this is a bug, it's possible the new booking system could fix it, but I'm not optimistic.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 1:28 pm

Domestic United flights are showing up for me again.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 10:39 am

Programs: UA-Gold, BA-Gold
Yes! I am also seeing domestic UA flights back in search results (smart/star-a/UA-specific)
Old May 11, 2017, 1:17 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, HH Diamond, BW Diamond Select, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold
Maybe the inverse is what is needed? I'd like to know what is bookable at all.

I've been looking at Asia-Australia routes a long way out (late March 2018) just as a test. United shows up to 200 possibilities for single dates. (e.g. PVG-SYD) They include a bit of the next day as well in their results when it's an early am departure, so it's really a little less, but it also doesn't include any SQ options that would have to be booked by phone. LM shows mostly no options at all. Some days, maybe one or two, sometimes with mixed class, mostly on routes I wouldn't want or on NH, which others have reported may fail to book anyhow!
Old May 17, 2017, 7:31 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, BA Silver, AC, AF/KL, AV, VS | Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
We can now add to this thread that any Swiss flight operated by "Swiss Global Air Lines", so any 77W or CS100 aircraft, cannot be booked with Lifemiles. I contacted them and they confirmed that they do not have an agreement to book these flights, even though it is a subsidiary of Swiss Air Lines.
Old Jul 13, 2017, 12:04 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Globalist
I can't seem to find any availability in OZ on dates where I know the inventory exists (according the UA website). Specifically, I'm looking at LAX/ICN/BKK in December. Anyone have issues recently with Asiana inventory not showing up? Is it only bookable within a certain timeframe?
Old Jul 13, 2017, 1:39 pm

Probably obvious but I only ever see SQ business class on regional flights.
Old Jul 13, 2017, 2:12 pm

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
Originally Posted by MillValleyMom
I can't seem to find any availability in OZ on dates where I know the inventory exists (according the UA website). Specifically, I'm looking at LAX/ICN/BKK in December. Anyone have issues recently with Asiana inventory not showing up? Is it only bookable within a certain timeframe?
Noticed that OZ availability on LM comes and goes... Maybe wait a few days and try your search again...
Old Jul 14, 2017, 3:26 am

Programs: LH SEN/*G
SN (Brussels Airlines) seems unbookable for me currently. I've been trying intra-European segments, and get no results when in SmartSearch or *A, and an error when restricting to SN only. I'm seeing availability in every other *A award tool I can use (expertflyer, M&M, United, ANA).

It has worked previously. LM ticketed a BRS-BRU-YUL-BOS for me a couple of months ago (BRS-BRU is SN operated by BM).

It's all very messy and wobbly. It feels like they've bitten off waayyyy more than they can chew.
Old Jul 14, 2017, 6:59 am

Programs: points traveller
any recent datapoints with LH F?

found IAH-FRA-ATH using the united tool in LH F then J, but can't get either leg to show up on LM, either as a single search, or breaking up the legs.
Old Jul 15, 2017, 9:10 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, UA Premier Platinum, OneWorld Emerald, VA Platinum
Originally Posted by diningdecadence
any recent datapoints with LH F?

found IAH-FRA-ATH using the united tool in LH F then J, but can't get either leg to show up on LM, either as a single search, or breaking up the legs.
This morning I could find EWR - FRA, DEN - MUC, EWR - MUC in LH first.
There's plenty of IAH - EWR or IAH - DEN available on United in J.
Plenty of MUC/FRA - ATH on Aegean in J.

Should be able to put something together.
Old May 11, 2018, 1:14 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Cheetah_SA
There seems to be a steady supply of threads querying why some or other airline can't be booked on LifeMiles. This isn't just newbies either (though they are unsurprisingly baffled that they can't book award seats that are freely available on other FFPs). The situation is fluid so that even LM regulars discover that something they used to book without problems suddenly becomes unavailable due to some change to the inscrutable inner workings of LM.

So I thought it might be a good idea to keep all the information in one place where all such queries can be directed, and information can be shared and kept up to date.

To start the ball rolling here is a list of what I have personally come up against:
  • SA - South African Airways - no rewards available
  • SK - Scandinavian Airlines - intra-Europe not bookable (haven't personally checked intercontinental but lack of availability has been reported)
  • CA - Air China - no rewards available
  • LH - Lufthansa - F only available within 2 weeks of departure (if at all)
I'm sure there are many more that I can't think of off the top of my head...

Ideally I think we should make it a Wiki so that the current state of play is quickly accessible to anyone without reading numerous posts.
Lifemiles is horrible if wanting or needing to take SAS flights, short-haul and/or long-haul. Whenever I see other Star Alliance programs showing and allowing booking of SAS long-haul flights, Lifemiles systematically shows no such availability. Want a sub-350 mile trip within Scandinavia? Lifemiles will suggest flying way out of the way, with routings such as CPH-MUC/FRA-GOT despite lots of CPH-GOT award space bookable via various other airline programs.
Old May 11, 2018, 5:17 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExP 1MM, Smiles/GOL Diamond, TudoAzul/AZUL Diamond, HHonors Gold, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by GUWonder

Lifemiles is horrible if wanting or needing to take SAS flights, short-haul and/or long-haul.
It's simply unbookable. I've tried several routes, different times of the year, different cabins and nothing shows up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.