Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

Onward Int'l Connections For Avianca Flights into Sao Paulo (GRU)

Old Mar 9, 2017, 2:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold Premier, AA Life Platinum 3MM, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, Amtrak Select

I am hoping to use United miles to acquire a single business class award reservation (one record locator) for travel from LIM to JNB (via GRU) for January or February 2018. The specific through itinerary that the UA website is showing me is TA 917 (TA stands for TransAmerican which is part of Avianca) connecting with SA 223. The scheduled connection time is 12 hours and 40 minutes during daylight hours.

Is there any safe way to make the transit connection at GRU which is described above (with baggage, either checked and/or carry-on) without having a Brazilian visa?

If you think you might be able to help me with this question, please refer to the much longer and more detailed posting here:

Int'l to Int'l Connections At GRU Without Visa
Old Mar 10, 2017, 8:21 am
Moderator: Avianca, Travel Photography, Travel Technology & USA

Programs: Emeritus VIP Fromins Deli Encino grandfathered successor program - UA MM & HH Diamond
While it is recognized that the OP is eagerly looking for feedback on his question, it essentially is a double post. Hence this thread will be closed, and readers can click through the available link for responses.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.